The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 01-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
lilitaly11

Name :
lilitaly11 has disabled reputation
Default ANYONE HIRING? ISO NEW JOB

Is anyone hiring on here or know of a company hiring? I have a job but like most of us we want more. Well the money is definatly a factor but i am looking for a job with better growth potential.

And I NEED the extra money so I can buy a damn VETTE. These cars just wont drop in value and 25K is pushing it as a budget. (want 05/06)

Anyway I graduated from USF in Dec. 06 with an Arts and Science Degree. If you need a resume i can provide that as well.

Thanks for looking and hopefully something good can come from this.

Thank You
RYan
lilitaly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

I don't know where you've been looking, but Vette prices have drooped plenty in the past 15 months.
Unread 01-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
lilitaly11

Name :

I have been looking every single day on ebay, autotrader, cars.com, craigslist. I cannot find a c6 with decent miles for 25,000 anywhere. I am lucky to find maybe 3 for 27000 but most people are pricing right about 30k. I thought 25 wouldnt be to hard but it is, I have offered 25 many times and get laughed at or said no will hold off. I figured with the economy people would give in a little. When i just sold my SUV i started at 18k and ended up selling for 12. I had many people look at it but no one would commit. I guess with a Vette its a different status of people.

Either way there are no Vette for 25k, 2005 or newer.

So you got a job for me? Ha
Unread 01-15-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Have you looked on carmax? I bought my 07 in 07 for 38k with 17k one owner miles. Found out it was an old guy who liked to travel.
Unread 01-16-2009, 05:27 AM   #5
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Give us more specifics on your job search please.

What are you looking for?
What is your degree field?
What sort of salary are you looking for?

As for the vette, hold on another month or 2 and you'll probably find what you're looking for. The resale on these things have been dropping like a rock for the last year plus!

Between the fuel cost (I know the numbers but you can't tell some people!) and the econmy/job market, some people are just getting what they can to get out of debt.

AS the fuel costs rise and unemployment continues to spike, you'll start seeing more and more that are/were used as second cars/recreational vehicles, on the block.

Patience is a virtue...be virtuous!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 06:50 AM   #6
lilitaly11

Name :

Give us more specifics on your job search please.

What are you looking for? Truthfully i have no idea. I still have no real idea of what i want to do. I like cars, sports and real estate. I cant afford to go back to a mechanics school, too much debt from undergrad. Im not going pro in any sport and getting a job with Yanks, Rays, Bolts is pretty difficult. And theres the housing market, as we all know is terrible.

I currently am a project coordinator for a merchandising company but there is just no room to grow anytime soon.

What is your degree field? I graduated from USF with a BA in Interdisciplinary Social Science. Basically you pick two concentrations, I chose criminology and sociology.

What sort of salary are you looking for? I would love to get something around 40 but would take mid to high 30's with benifits. However anything more I would not turn down.ha

As for the vette, hold on another month or 2 and you'll probably find what you're looking for. The resale on these things have been dropping like a rock for the last year plus! I hope so thats what i told myself back in NOvember, I figured with them being another model year older id imagine price would drop.

Between the fuel cost (I know the numbers but you can't tell some people!) and the economy/job market, some people are just getting what they can to get out of debt.

AS the fuel costs rise and unemployment continues to spike, you'll start seeing more and more that are/were used as second cars/recreational vehicles, on the block. This will be my daily driver.

Thanks for the feedback.
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking C4

Why don't you look at a nice "C4" first and move up when your money and job situation are firmed up. Alot of us started with a "C4" and moved up later in life.
Look at this nice one that came up today:

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...0572#post80572

Good Luck!!!
JIM
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:30 AM   #8
jcb_njb

Name : Jim Brackett
jcb_njb is on a distinguished road

Ryan, good luck, I am just trying to keep my job. The company I work for, Nortel Networks, filed for backruptcy protection Wednesday and if part of the fix I am laidoff they have told us there will be no severance package. Happy F'n NewYear.
jcb_njb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KILL View Post
Why don't you look at a nice "C4" first and move up when your money and job situation are firmed up. Alot of us started with a "C4" and moved up later in life.
Look at this nice one that came up today:

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...0572#post80572

Good Luck!!!
JIM
Allot of us started with C3's and went back to C1's and C2's to see what we missed!!And then the Long Journey back through C3's,C4's and C5's!! Now after doing some minor mod's on Vett Boys New C6,I got to find me a C6 ZR1!!!
Unread 01-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #10
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

try applying for corrections or road deputy positions. Do the application process while you still have a job.