The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 01-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #21
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

Miles don't equal abuse. Low miles don't mean its going to be trouble free. Check out the car thoroughly and you'll get what you pay for. Mileage is just a number on the dash. Some of the worst vehicles I've owned had low miles. Some of the best had 180k plus when I bought them. I had two GM fullsize 4wd SUV's with over 180k miles and neither of them had as many problems as you mentioned with your car. The only thing I recall doing to either of them besides regular maintenance was a radiator in one. There are a LOT of great deals out there because people are so stuck on the mileage of a car as if it means something.
'70 LeMans Sport
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #22
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdave View Post
Miles don't equal abuse. Low miles don't mean its going to be trouble free. Check out the car thoroughly and you'll get what you pay for. Mileage is just a number on the dash. Some of the worst vehicles I've owned had low miles. Some of the best had 180k plus when I bought them. I had two GM fullsize 4wd SUV's with over 180k miles and neither of them had as many problems as you mentioned with your car. The only thing I recall doing to either of them besides regular maintenance was a radiator in one. There are a LOT of great deals out there because people are so stuck on the mileage of a car as if it means something.
He's absolutely correct

It's not the miles it's the way those miles were put on.

A low mileage, hard driven, not well maintained car will be a much bigger problem for you than a higher mileage, highway driven, properly maintained one

For what you want to pay, I think you're going to have a problem getting something in the milage range you're looking at.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #23
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Well, mileage can make a difference on cosmetic stuff. When I bought my 87 300ZX I paid quite a bit, but with only 124,000 miles on the car, the interior was mint. However, since it had been sitting for a long time it didn't run so good. A few sensors had gone bad that I have since replaced.

Back when I first started driving, I got an 85 Corolla with 320,000 miles on it. Ran better than a lot of cars from the 90s with far fewer miles, and that motor lasted through a lot of drifting until the tranny went out.

My suggestion when buying any car is always the same, go see it in person. If they did all the proper maintenance on the car then the mileage is less of a concern. But if you truly want a low mileage 05-06, wait for just that. Just remember that these cars won't be getting any younger...
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #24
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road
Default ITS AN 04 BUT....

very nice condition car only got 28,000 miles on it

its located in GAINESVILLE but I bet you can talk him down a little...

asking 26,000

2004 with 28k miles Auto, Immaculate. Gunmetal on light gray interior

here is the link http://www.gainesville.craigslist.or...002102109.html
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #25
MRS. XTREME

Name :

Call Ken at 352-317-2100 <-------HIS # AND INFO

I dont know why that link isnt working but if you go to craigslist then Gainesville and tyoe in 04 corvette you will see it.
Unread 01-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #26
lilitaly11

Name :
lilitaly11 has disabled reputation

Your are too nice spending your time to help me. As far as this car goes the C5's just dont appeal to me. I know i dont have to much room to be picky but i def know i if im going to make the step to a new car it will be a C6. I am going to give it a month or two and put some serious thought into it. If you find anything in the mean time im here but it deff needs to be a C6

Thanks Again
lilitaly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #27
MRS. XTREME

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilitaly11 View Post
Your are too nice spending your time to help me. As far as this car goes the C5's just dont appeal to me. I know i dont have to much room to be picky but i def know i if im going to make the step to a new car it will be a C6. I am going to give it a month or two and put some serious thought into it. If you find anything in the mean time im here but it deff needs to be a C6

Thanks Again

NO problem... I like to help when I can...

I will keep my eye out for a C6 just for you

I will let you know what I find
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #28
MRS. XTREME

Name :
Default 05 C6 30,000 MILES

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/1001096064.html

ASKING $27,000 but may take $25,000

2005 C6 Corvette with GMS warranty! 30,000 miles, Automatic, Removable Targa Top, Push start ignition, touchscreen navigation, touchscreen Bose stereo sysem (6 speaker), Keyless entry Keyfob, New tires, polished chrome wheels, Select Ride Control(tour/sport), Heads Up display, dual climate control, dual heated power adjustable leather seats, driver 1&2 memory sysem, Power windows/mirrors, tilt, cruise, garage kept, one owner, non-smoker. Call (904)237-6841 or (904)230-1292.
Unread 04-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #29
sonofavette07c6

Name :
sonofavette07c6 has disabled reputation

[quote=lilitaly11;80621]

What is your degree field? I graduated from USF with a BA in Interdisciplinary Social Science. Basically you pick two concentrations, I chose criminology and sociology.

What sort of salary are you looking for? I would love to get something around 40 but would take mid to high 30's with benifits. However anything more I would not turn down.ha

QUOTE]

ok well if you ask me I Think and just my 2 cents... why dont you become a cop. the academy is great go down to the sheriff's office and apply. its a great career and depending on were you go you will be making 40-45 thousand a year plus all benefits paid for and retirement. i have been a L.E.O for three years and now im starting with the border patrol as a federal agent and im only 23. look into it you might like what you see.
sonofavette07c6 is offline   Reply With Quote