The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Closed Thread
Unread 11-13-2006, 01:43 PM   #11
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KILL
I TALKED WITH "JAKE" TODAY AND HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT.. ..THERE IS ANOTHER CORVETTE CONCEPTS IN MIAMI .... ....AND IT COULD BE THEM. HE IS MORE THAN WILLING TO DISCUSS AND CORRECT ANY ISSUE A CLIENT HAS WITH HIM. JUST GIVE HIM A CALL.

http://www.corvetteconcepts.com

They are the only ones.
Unread 11-13-2006, 03:11 PM   #12
Corvette Concepts

Name :
Corvette Concepts is on a distinguished road
Default Corvette Concepts Responding

Hi All,
I am responding to a post made by Johnny Boy. The person making this post is the son of the customer. He is not either the owner or the driver of the Corvette...he doesn't even live in the same house. When this car came to us it was in very rough condition. I am repsonding to the statements below in Blue Bold for your review. I would like to apologize for any misspellings in my text. The grammatical errors in the young man's post make it impossible to use any type of spellcheck.

thought i would speak out. nice guys, and they hav good and bad work. i recently started working at an auto shop and brought the vette in for a tune up. discoverd why my brakes were heating up enough to make the paint peel....the rotors were on back words. not letting air into them to cool them down. Actually, we have reviewed the pictures of our install and we have checked the Baer website. An installation by our friends at Mallet show that our rotors are turning in the same direction. If anyone would like to verify this fact E Mail me privately and I will forward the pictures. Painted rotors only bubble when they are driven hard for an extended period of time.and i had to pull my stereo to check my antenna wire that was never pluged back in and found that no screws were reinstalled into my head unit after they pulled the dash apart. During the period of time we had this vehicle, we NEVER took the dash apart and never were near the radio. The vehicle in question is a very rough car and we did a ton of work to bring it back to acceptable standards. This car was the worst C5 we have ever had in our shop. Everything on this car had been taken apart and haphazzardly reinstalled. We replaced more bolts, screws, brackets and pieces than any 10 cars we've ever worked on.but im some wut ok with this, becuz it was all found before ne thing needed to be replaced. but i would recomend staying away from them unless u want ur baby torn apart and half a$$ed together. and it also doesnt bother me becuz after we found they lied to us, I don't know what he is referring to...he would need to be more specific when he accuses someone of lying.and held the vette for a month longer then we were told. The reason we had the car for an additional month is the car was originally a $10,000.00 car which turned into a $26,324.14 car. As anyone can see, quite a bit of extra work was performed on this vehicle.we never paid them r final check. and they were smart enough not to call for it. This statement is false. We were paid in full and the owner was very pleased with the work.so just my 2 cents on them. [color="Blue"]It is unfortunate that this young man takes it upon himself to make this post. He obviously doesn't understand the damage this type of post can create. Is it that now that he has recently started working in a shop that he has become a master mechanic? It has taken me many years to perfect this art. My son, Brian (29 Years of age) has followed in my footsteps and has become good at what he does too. If my son made a post of this nature I would be very disappointed.
[/COLOR]
I have been in contact with the owner of the Corvette and he was as surprised as I was to hear of this post. He stated that his tire sensors did leak and he had to have them serviced. He also stated that his Baer Rotors bubbled. I informed him that the main cause of bubbling was from excessive braking. I also sent him pictures of his rotors and the Mallet Rotors from the Baer website so he could see we installed them correctly. I invited him to come back in and I would repaint the rotors at no charge.
We are clebrating our 10th year in business and we take great pride in the work we do. We specialize in working of C5 and C6 Corvettes, period. We stand behind everything we do and have bent over backwards to service our customers' needs. The vast majority of customers have had a good experience in our shop and I will admit that I'm a look you straight in the eye kind of guy and give you my opinion. Some folks may not care for my technique but those who know me know that we treat every car as if it's ours. We spend our customers' money the same way. Over the years we've had over a dozen Corvettes in magazines and have Corvettes all over the Undited States and the world including Canada, Hawaii, Norway, Sweden, Germany, England, etc. We hold the record as having the world's fastest stock block naturally aspirated C5 Corvette, 11.80 @117.83 MPH, and have won many a drag race and autocross during this period of time.
I have only spoken to Johnny Boy a couple of times but I can tell you he is far from a mechanic. He stood in awe of our Corvettes, our business, and the work we did on his father's car. I guess the only way he can feel more important is to attempt to berate those above him. I would like to thank those who have posted positively in our support and thank those who have called me regarding this matter.

Thank You,

Jake Delaney
Corvette Concepts
Corvette Ranch
Sarasota, Florida
941-322-0577
Unread 11-13-2006, 03:31 PM   #13
Corvette Concepts

Name :
Default More Than One

Actually, that's what i thought until I registered my company. As I said, there is another Corvette Concepts in either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami area. This post is referring to our company after research. I have responded.

Jake Delaney
Corvette Ranch
Sarasota, Florida 34240
941-322-0577
Unread 11-13-2006, 03:32 PM   #14
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Default HELPING AT MEMBER POST SO WE CAN READ!!

[color="White"]Hi All,
I am responding to a post made by Johnny Boy. The person making this post is the son of the customer. He is not either the owner or the driver of the Corvette...he doesn't even live in the same house. When this car came to us it was in very rough condition. I am responding to the statements below in Blue Bold for your review. I would like to apologize for any misspellings in my text. The grammatical errors in the young man's post make it impossible to use any type of spell check.

Thought i would speak out. nice guys, and they have good and bad work. i recently started working at an auto shop and brought the vette in for a tune up. discovered why my brakes were heating up enough to make the paint peel....the rotors were on back words. not letting air into them to cool them down. Actually, we have reviewed the pictures of our install and we have checked the Baer website. An installation by our friends at Mallet show that our rotors are turning in the same direction. If anyone would like to verify this fact E Mail me privately and I will forward the pictures. Painted rotors only bubble when they are driven hard for an extended period of time.and i had to pull my stereo to check my antenna wire that was never plugged back in and found that no screws were reinstalled into my head unit after they pulled the dash apart. During the period of time we had this vehicle, we NEVER took the dash apart and never were near the radio. The vehicle in question is a very rough car and we did a ton of work to bring it back to acceptable standards. This car was the worst C5 we have ever had in our shop. Everything on this car had been taken apart and haphazardly reinstalled. We replaced more bolts, screws, brackets and pieces than any 10 cars we've ever worked on.but im some what ok with this, because it was all found before ne thing needed to be replaced. but i would recommend staying away from them unless u want your baby torn apart and half a$$ed together. and it also doesnt bother me because after we found they lied to us, I don't know what he is referring to...he would need to be more specific when he accuses someone of lying.and held the vette for a month longer then we were told. The reason we had the car for an additional month is the car was originally a $10,000.00 car which turned into a $26,324.14 car. As anyone can see, quite a bit of extra work was performed on this vehicle.we never paid them r final check. and they were smart enough not to call for it. This statement is false. We were paid in full and the owner was very pleased with the work.so just my 2 cents on them. It is unfortunate that this young man takes it upon himself to make this post. He obviously doesn't understand the damage this type of post can create. Is it that now that he has recently started working in a shop that he has become a master mechanic? It has taken me many years to perfect this art. My son, Brian (29 Years of age) has followed in my footsteps and has become good at what he does too. If my son made a post of this nature I would be very disappointed.

I have been in contact with the owner of the Corvette and he was as surprised as I was to hear of this post. He stated that his tire sensors did leak and he had to have them serviced. He also stated that his Baer Rotors bubbled. I informed him that the main cause of bubbling was from excessive braking. I also sent him pictures of his rotors and the Mallet Rotors from the Baer website so he could see we installed them correctly. I invited him to come back in and I would repaint the rotors at no charge.
We are calibrating our 10th year in business and we take great pride in the work we do. We specialize in working of C5 and C6 Corvettes, period. We stand behind everything we do and have bent over backwards to service our customers' needs. The vast majority of customers have had a good experience in our shop and I will admit that I'm a look you straight in the eye kind of guy and give you my opinion. Some folks may not care for my technique but those who know me know that we treat every car as if it's ours. We spend our customers' money the same way. Over the years we've had over a dozen Corvettes in magazines and have Corvettes all over the United States and the world including Canada, Hawaii, Norway, Sweden, Germany, England, etc. We hold the record as having the world's fastest stock block naturally aspirated C5 Corvette, 11.80 @117.83 MPH, and have won many a drag race and autocross during this period of time.
I have only spoken to Johnny Boy a couple of times but I can tell you he is far from a mechanic. He stood in awe of our Corvettes, our business, and the work we did on his father's car. I guess the only way he can feel more important is to attempt to berate those above him. I would like to thank those who have posted positively in our support and thank those who have called me regarding this matter.

Thank You,

Jake Delaney
Corvette Concepts
Corvette Ranch
Sarasota, Florida
941-322-0577
Unread 11-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #15
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Default Lets' try it again Jake---sorry!...Jim

Hi All,
I am responding to a post made by Johnny Boy. The person making this post is the son of the customer. He is not either the owner or the driver of the Corvette...he doesn't even live in the same house. When this car came to us it was in very rough condition. I am responding to the statements below for your review. I would like to apologize for any misspellings in my text. The grammatical errors in the young man's post make it impossible to use any type of spell check.

Thought i would speak out. nice guys, and they have good and bad work. i recently started working at an auto shop and brought the vette in for a tune up. discovered why my brakes were heating up enough to make the paint peel....the rotors were on back words. not letting air into them to cool them down. Actually, we have reviewed the pictures of our install and we have checked the Baer website. An installation by our friends at Mallet show that our rotors are turning in the same direction. If anyone would like to verify this fact E Mail me privately and I will forward the pictures. Painted rotors only bubble when they are driven hard for an extended period of time.and i had to pull my stereo to check my antenna wire that was never plugged back in and found that no screws were reinstalled into my head unit after they pulled the dash apart. During the period of time we had this vehicle, we NEVER took the dash apart and never were near the radio. The vehicle in question is a very rough car and we did a ton of work to bring it back to acceptable standards. This car was the worst C5 we have ever had in our shop. Everything on this car had been taken apart and haphazardly reinstalled. We replaced more bolts, screws, brackets and pieces than any 10 cars we've ever worked on.but im some what ok with this, because it was all found before ne thing needed to be replaced. but i would recommend staying away from them unless u want your baby torn apart and half a$$ed together. and it also doesnt bother me because after we found they lied to us, I don't know what he is referring to...he would need to be more specific when he accuses someone of lying.and held the vette for a month longer then we were told. The reason we had the car for an additional month is the car was originally a $10,000.00 car which turned into a $26,324.14 car. As anyone can see, quite a bit of extra work was performed on this vehicle.we never paid them r final check. and they were smart enough not to call for it. This statement is false. We were paid in full and the owner was very pleased with the work.so just my 2 cents on them. It is unfortunate that this young man takes it upon himself to make this post. He obviously doesn't understand the damage this type of post can create. Is it that now that he has recently started working in a shop that he has become a master mechanic? It has taken me many years to perfect this art. My son, Brian (29 Years of age) has followed in my footsteps and has become good at what he does too. If my son made a post of this nature I would be very disappointed.

We are calibrating our 10th year in business and we take great pride in the work we do. We specialize in working of C5 and C6 Corvettes, period. We stand behind everything we do and have bent over backwards to service our customers' needs. The vast majority of customers have had a good experience in our shop and I will admit that I'm a look you straight in the eye kind of guy and give you my opinion. Some folks may not care for my technique but those who know me know that we treat every car as if it's ours. We spend our customers' money the same way. Over the years we've had over a dozen Corvettes in magazines and have Corvettes all over the United States and the world including Canada, Hawaii, Norway, Sweden, Germany, England, etc. We hold the record as having the world's fastest stock block naturally aspirated C5 Corvette, 11.80 @117.83 MPH, and have won many a drag race and autocross during this period of time.

Thank You,

Jake Delaney
Corvette Concepts
Corvette Ranch
Sarasota, Florida
941-322-0577
Unread 11-13-2006, 04:20 PM   #16
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Always good to here BOTH sides of the story! And I can attest to the fact that Corvette Concepts has one of the cleanest shops I've seen so I can't imagine them doing any job sloppy. Brian is a great guy who can bracket race a 6 speed vette against seasoned foot- brakers w/auto trans & BEAT them as often as not!
Unread 11-13-2006, 06:20 PM   #17
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Jack,

Sorry that your first experience with our forum has not been a great one. But I for one am glad that you have very professionally defended your work and it is clear that you are concerned about your name in the industry.

I hope you stay on this board and provide us with another alternative if needed.

Welcome to the site. I hope that you will take the time to get to know us, this is a great bunch of enthusiasts that can always use a second opinion!

Rich
Unread 11-13-2006, 07:03 PM   #18
Corvette Concepts

Name :
Default Thanks For The Welcome!

(Responding to post below)
Hi Rich,
I want to thank you for the positive post and the welcome. We work hard at building show and race winning Corvettes and we truly enjoy what we do. Most of our customers become friends and our goal is to try to satisfy each and every person we deal with. As everyone is aware, this is a difficult task, especially when dealing with enthusiasts of any nature. I was once asked how I deal with the "Corvette people"...my response was "it's easy because I'm one of them myself!" I know what everyone is looking for. Most of us are looking for quality work done in a timely fashion...actually we would have preferred the job be completed while we wait, and that's what we do. We have seating 8 feet from the car where you can sit or stand and watch us work. We don't try to hide anything because we work on every Corvette as if it were our own.
I'm hoping that we can enjoy this forum and participate in the discussions. Brian and I are anticipating becoming supporting vendors and look forward to having a good relationship with the members. Again, thanks for your welcome and your words of support!!

Jake

Corvette Concepts
Delco/Mongoose Performance
Corvette Ranch
Sarasota, Florida 34240
941-322-0577

Jake,

Sorry that your first experience with our forum has not been a great one. But I for one am glad that you have very professionally defended your work and it is clear that you are concerned about your name in the industry.

I hope you stay on this board and provide us with another alternative if needed.

Welcome to the site. I hope that you will take the time to get to know us, this is a great bunch of enthusiasts that can always use a second opinion!

Rich

Corvette Concepts
Delco/Mongoose Performance
Corvette Ranch
Sarasota, Florida 34240
941-322-0577
Unread 11-13-2006, 07:20 PM   #19
jonnyboy
race behind ur dads back

Name :
jonnyboy has disabled reputation

im not saying they are all bad, the painting in the engine area was good. and it did sound good after we took it home. but u did hold it for an extra month never telling my dad why, because i do remember him always being pissed off and having him tell me, and i even listend in on phone calls to hear you telling him you needed an extra week, then another then another.and for CCs info i do drive the vette alot, and i do live with my dad. the vette dash was pulled apart by you! i remember walking in and seeing it being put together and from then on not having a FM radio. and no it wasnt ever paid in full. check you logs and do the math. and i have talked this over with my dad, the original post was put up without him knowing, now he knows and doesnt care. so peace out till next time all.sorry you all have to be in on this.

Jon
Unread 11-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #20
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation
Cool

We have seating 8 feet from the car where you can sit or stand and watch us work. We don't try to hide anything because we work on every Corvette as if it were our own.

THAT'S TRUE...I WAS EVEN TREATED TO LUNCH....BRIAN DID A GOOD JOB EVEN WITH ONE EYE... HE HAD INJURED HIS EYE THE DAY BEFORE......
DAVE
Closed Thread