The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 07-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation
Default Another horrible build gone wrong:

South florida shop that has full page adds in most vette mags charged the customer over $15k for a heads/cam/piston job on his like new 07 Z06......won't stand behind any of it.

These were sent to me by the customer....since he is in Miami he had HP Sales do the tear-down for inspection. It left the shop the first time w/11# oil pressure and he was told "it will get better when it breaks in"....second time they blew it up on the dyno, and this is what he got the third time. Sad.

Here is the customers note:

So it seems that the cylinder bore was not straight as it had 3 different measurements with the scope, the crank must have been bent as you can see all the heavy metal added to balance it and all the big dings in it, and the scoring visible on the crank and the bearings and bolt "thing" ( I am drawing a blank) anyways so you see the whole thing is useless now and the real kick of the whole thing is.....right after Roger takes apart my motor my lawyer goes through a mid life crises and calls me to tell me " He is not sure if he wants to be a lawyer any more" so now again I am screwed!

Unread 07-25-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

holy sh!t
Unread 07-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

Lawyers are a dime a dozen, I'd find one quick. The customer gave the builder several chances to make it right, that was professional. And these are the results
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!! Chris about came out of his chair when I showed him this !!!

SO sad and ridiculous these shops keep getting business after all this kinda crap !!!
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Ouch.... If I decide to get a built 427 for my C5Z, I would be SOOOO pissed to have something like this happen. But I seriously doubt whomever I would pick to do my engine would be in the same class.....
Unread 07-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
Mannings

It gives the whole builder community a BLACK EYE
Unread 07-31-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
BP VetteClub
Breathless Corvette Club

Name :
BP VetteClub is on a distinguished road
Default Sound like Collusion might be involved here!

Please read the following below. It looks like this James guy is a claimer and this Vendor RevExtrme is in on it. "If you have nothing nice to say then you should say nothing at all".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penchant
But you told everyone here your engine had never been repaired. So, you are a LIAR.

You change your story every 10 minutes.

Here you say "on the way home I noticed the oil pressure was at 4 psi! I pulled over and had AAA tow the car back."

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...19#post1451019

But here he says "I drove home and called him about an oil leak that I have found and I was told it was residual and not to worry. The next morning I drove to bank and at the bank I noted my oil pressure at 4psi."

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...19#post1451019

I think you are the shady character in this whole story.

Alright. Enough.

James, I have to admit that I'm also troubled by the omissions, and the changing details in your story. And, Ernie made some interesting points about why it took so long, but you didn't respond to those claims.

In this case, you and the vendor got to say what you wanted to say, and I'm going to close this thread.

Don't create any more threads about it, please.

Thanks.
Also here is another thread about their characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200HPZR7
WOW finally a friend of the vendor look at that! Look how they dont deny it they just compare the vendor to an illegal prostitution ring!!! Except this time the vendor is doing the ****ing!!!
look I thought we were in the business of building cars not braking them and each other down. Plain and simple the shop needs to help out and let the guy go to a shop of his choice, clearly he does not trust the original shop any more after all that money and 7 months. Pay up and let him go. It will make every one happy!

I'm only going to say this one time only, James. (the original creator of this thread).

You can have only one member ID on this website. If you want to play games with pretend identities, go find some other site.

Next time you set up an alternate identity, I'll turn off all of your accounts permanently.

Understood?

This thread is now CLOSED until the vendor has a minute to reply with the other side of this story.

Do not create any more threads about this situation.
BP VetteClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

If you built your own motors and stood behind your work then I doubt you would see these threads....I'll put our credentials on engine building inhouse with yours any day. And the car is not here so we have nothing to gain.....it is at HP Sales in WPB and they are doing the new motor. The damage to the internal parts that were sent here to examine clearly show ring-end interference so the buiulder did not properly gap the rings and even after your last fix (which you charged the customer for) it was down to 16 psi after 3 days and so noisey we wouldn't put it on the dyno. We build motors here daily and have local, divisional, National & World championships in both IHRA & NHRA championships and would NEVER mismatch a build like those parts show. No way to blame that on the customer.
Unread 08-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #9
Mannings

welcome to our newest member BP Vette
Unread 08-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #10
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

Welcome BP Vette. Tell us about yourself and post pictures of our Vette.
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote