The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 04-24-2009, 01:57 AM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, I believe things are going to get worse before they get, uh, more worse.....
Unread 04-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #12
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
Well said Gordon. Unfortunately I have to agree with you.
Well unfortunately (for us), he has already forgotten...or simply doesn't care about anything but advancing his ideaology and agenda. It will be up to US to provide the reminder!
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #13
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster View Post
The real heartbreaker for me is that these people were elected by a MAJORITY of our fellow Americans!

Actually the MAJORITY voted for McCain. Obama got the electoral vote. He won the smaller states with the bigger electoral vote. Obama only had a few key areas, one of which is the extremely liberal New England area....
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #14
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
So what is the alternative?
Civil disobedience and riots .My brother and I will do that exact thing tonight at midnight.We plan to tip over a garbage can in the back yard and throw rocks at the trees.It'll be on FOX tomorrow
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #15
Rich Z

Don't forget to soap some windows while you are at it to REALLY show the world how serious you are.
Unread 04-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #16
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Don't forget to soap some windows while you are at it to REALLY show the world how serious you are.
Funny Rich but it states a sad fact. Everywhere I go I hear anger about the direction our government is taking us and our inability individually to make a change. Let the majority remember who voted those guys and gals into office based on their promises and hold them accountable in 2010 on their actions.

I have yet to have someone tell me they voted for Obama and their proud of his leadership, maybe I hang with the wrong crowd?
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #17
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
Actually the MAJORITY voted for McCain. Obama got the electoral vote. He won the smaller states with the bigger electoral vote. Obama only had a few key areas, one of which is the extremely liberal New England area....
Tell me again why we bother to vote, then........
Unread 04-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #18
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannings View Post
Funny Rich but it states a sad fact. Everywhere I go I hear anger about the direction our government is taking us and our inability individually to make a change. Let the majority remember who voted those guys and gals into office based on their promises and hold them accountable in 2010 on their actions.

I have yet to have someone tell me they voted for Obama and their proud of his leadership, maybe I hang with the wrong crowd?
Everyone I talk to is getting completely fed up with the government. I don't mean just a little bit, either. I think quite a few people are coming to the realization that we have lost control of our country and it is going to be very painful trying to wrestle it back.
Unread 04-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #19
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Everyone I talk to is getting completely fed up with the government. I don't mean just a little bit, either. I think quite a few people are coming to the realization that we have lost control of our country and it is going to be very painful trying to wrestle it back.
It took years to get us into this mess....I'm not sure we CAN get out of it at this point. Face it, the world as we knew it has changed...I'm not sure if politicians ever DID have morals, but that is surely lacking today. Next thing you know Rod Blagovich and the flunky he appointed to the senate will be running for President in 2010...if they can stay out of jail!
Unread 04-25-2009, 11:57 PM   #20
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Not going to happen. When in history can you recall any state in which the people were able to get control of their lives back from the government? The government is beyond the stage where anything remotely like that can happen. We have 5 generations of people who have been brainwashed into thinking that the government is right. Even the people in the gov't offices are brainwashed into thinking that if it's the gov't, than it is right.

However, I can think of several instances where it got to a point where there was revolt, the state was divided. And then they either fell into chaos or were conquered by their enemies. I hope we can break the cycle, but I don't see too much chance of that.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote