The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 11-02-2012, 01:57 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Did the early voting thing today.

So how in the heck did Roseanne Barr get on the ballot?

As for who I voted for to be president, I did a write in for Ron Paul. And I felt GOOD about it, instead of doing the "voting for the lesser of two evils" thing like I did last election. I felt so darn unclean afterwards.......
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
As for who I voted for to be president, I did a write in for Ron Paul. And I felt GOOD about it, instead of doing the "voting for the lesser of two evils" thing like I did last election. I felt so darn unclean afterwards.......
Yours was a wasted vote at best. Why didn't you just vote for Obama? I can hear the chant playing in your head as you voted, "FOUR MORE YEARS- FOUR MORE YEARS".
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRestoredRoadster View Post
Yours was a wasted vote at best. Why didn't you just vote for Obama? I can hear the chant playing in your head as you voted, "FOUR MORE YEARS- FOUR MORE YEARS".
So tell me, you feel GOOD about voting for Romney? Seriously? You would WANT him to be president of the USA?

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine.

Quite frankly, I have come to the conclusion that voting FOR someone you really don't want in office is just perpetrating a fraud of what the voting process should be all about. It should be about CHOICE. YOUR choice about what you really WANT. And I just simply voted for who I really want to be in that office. Not voting against some other guy. Not voting for who I THINK will win. I voted for who I REALLY want to win. It was an honest vote.

No, I don't believe for an instant that Ron Paul will really win. But then again, perhaps it is time to send a message to this 2 party farce we have to deal with every election that we just want BETTER choices than what they choose to dangle in front of us each election. By buying into the pap that says unless you do what they say (vote for who THEY choose for you), then you are wasting your vote, all you are really doing is tugging the chains more tightly around yourself that binds you to their bidding.

Quite frankly, I choose to take a stand contrary to their herding of the populace.

And if that sort of attitude helps to put Obama back in office, then so be it. The Republicans threw away an opportunity by their own poor choice by not offering us someone that the majority of the voting public could stomach voting for. Again........

This is the first time I have actually feel GOOD about my vote for the president of the USA, even though it is most certainly a futile gesture.
Unread 11-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

IMO to willingly cast a vote knowing it is "futile" is an unconscionable act, and one tantamount to cowardice.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

I voted to re-elect the President and have no regrets...am much better off now then I was in 2008...He has done a great job despite the saboteurs hes had to contend with on the other side...
Unread 11-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I think I'm starting to understand why we're where we are now....
Unread 11-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRestoredRoadster View Post
IMO to willingly cast a vote knowing it is "futile" is an unconscionable act, and one tantamount to cowardice.
Cowardice? At least I had the balls to vote how I wanted to and not be led around by the nose by others who are TELLING you how to vote. Even though a vote might be futile in that it will not have the hoped for result of having the person voted for WIN the election, it most certainly is a voice that will be HEARD. Those votes that did not go to tweedle-dee nor tweedle-dum are certainly going to be scrutinized with concern by the PTB. The powers that be don't have to worry about trying to please the sheeple who dance to their tune anyway. They are already walking in lockstep with what they want, how they want it. They have absolutely nothing to fear concerning the sheeple possibly upsetting their applecart, now do they? Did you ever stop to wonder why they call those people with no party affiliation "independents"? Think about it sometime.....

So you consider it cowardice to vote exactly how I wanted to vote? Interesting perspective you have.....

If it is cowardice to have the balls to think for myself and vote the way I wanted to vote, then guilty as charged. And quite content with that label, then, all things considered. So where does that put YOU in the scheme of things? You consider yourself as brave, in contrast, because you choose to believe you only have one of two choices to make at the ballot? You have no other choice but to vote for what you consider as the lesser of two evils?

You STILL voted for evil, no matter what the outcome of the election. I simply chose to not vote that way, and I feel damned good about it. Last election I voted for McCain and I absolutely felt soiled afterwards. NEVER again.
Unread 11-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
85vette

Name :

I look at it like this. There will always be a small percentage that will vote for a write-in, or a candidate that is unpopular. I believe that percentage is usually under 4%, maybe only 1%(but I'm no expert). The problem with that is, that vote is usually taken away from the "lesser of two evils" candidate. So I view it as a vote for the bad guy. So, although I understand your frustration with the party not providing a quality candidate, it's like shooting yourself in the foot because you didn't like your shoe. And though the percentage of "throw away voters" is small, in a close race that may be the deciding factor. So you may have to deal with the "pain in your foot" for another four years. I've learned that we can't change politicians, but we can vote the CLOWNS out! And Rich, while we're on the subject, who did you vote for in the sheriff's race?
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
Rich Z

That would be true if there were actually, in my opinion, a lesser to the two evils running for POTUS. Unfortunately, I really don't think one is any lesser of an evil than the other. I don't like Obama's performance these past four years, but I believe that things would be no better with Romney. Only bad in a different way. Could actually be worse if he sells us down the river to the Chinese like he has done with companies he ran to gut and sell the assets for his own personal gain. I just don't trust either of them, and could not bring myself to vote for either one of them. So I didn't.

I voted for Creel for sheriff.

Voted for Kessler, as he is the only one I have had personal experience with and he was quite a big help when I was trying to get our road fixed.

The others weren't all that important to me, except I DIDN'T want Shuff at all. He built my house (as Tupelo Construction), and the quality of his workmanship left a lot to be desired. So I can imagine how he will be as a county commissioner.

And I voted NO on all of the amendments. The topics presented were the job of the legislature to wrangle over and vote on, not shirk it off onto the people.

Oh yeah, I always vote to NOT retain judges. No one really should have a job for life, in my opinion. But that whole process is pretty much a farce anyway.
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #10
85vette

Name :

You did good on the local vote. As for the presidential vote, I have to say, fire the guy that can't do the job right. Time to try someone else!