The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 11-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #11
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
I would shy away from it. I test drove a 2011 before I bought a 2011 Shelby. 2SS/6M and it felt slow, and turned like a boat. The dealer gave me free reign in the back lot...and it was so bad my wife even said no.

Not to shy away from GM products, but I would pick a new 5.0 Mustang any day of the week before thinking of a newer Camaro.
Ditto...
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #12
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRestoredRoadster View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I keep hearing a lot about blind spots with the new Camaros. Any issues with blind spots and the Mustang?
Oh its got some blind spots alright. I had no issues looking around in the Shelby. If you don't plan on making multiple Laguna Seca laps any time soon, the stock brakes work just dandy, got to test them a couple times.

GT500 might seem a bit more harsher for a daily driver, but it was built to be a sports car...a Camaro with a big 6.2 and 400+ ponies should not handle like a 1990s crown vic. Thats were GM failed, awesome potential for motor, good brakes...craaaappy suspension.
Unread 12-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #13
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
Oh its got some blind spots alright. I had no issues looking around in the Shelby. If you don't plan on making multiple Laguna Seca laps any time soon, the stock brakes work just dandy, got to test them a couple times.

GT500 might seem a bit more harsher for a daily driver, but it was built to be a sports car...a Camaro with a big 6.2 and 400+ ponies should not handle like a 1990s crown vic. Thats were GM failed, awesome potential for motor, good brakes...craaaappy suspension.
Did you miss the part about the Camaro pulling higher g's and being faster in the corners than the Ford?? Or is this the conclusion you came to on a test drive in the back lot? Or maybe it wasn't a ZL-1 that you drove....
Blind spots be dammed....

Last edited by 85vette; 12-04-2012 at 09:15 AM.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote