The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 01-08-2007, 08:25 AM   #11
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well, I washed the Silver one today since it have gathered some dead bugs on the front from our drive yesterday. I felt guilty as hell. My C5Z is sitting over in the driveway with the cover on it, feeling all lonely and neglected. Probably will spit a piston at me next time I take it out for a ride...

I had originally planned on sitting the C6 outside, but the Noah cover I ordered hasn't come in yet. So the C6 is under the carport for now, where the C5Z was previously.

Tomorrow (01/08) is our 29th wedding anniversary!
WoW i don't know where to start Congrats on the new C6 Connie Happy Anniversary Rich and Connie 29 years awesome: And also Rich that z06 will still love you even if you not drive her alot .My 98 was on the back burner for 8 months and she still loves me
Unread 01-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #12
C6Eiland

Name :
C6Eiland is on a distinguished road

That's terrific that your wife shares the Corvette passion also...doesn't get much better than that, right?! Congrats on the great looking silver C6!

Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
C6Eiland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Thank you!

Yeah, she is just as excited about these cars as I am. But she still loves her pickup truck too! She has wanted one of those for forever....
Unread 01-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #14
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Rich,

What are you doing with my ride? Thanks for the GM emblems on the side though.

All kidding aside, you have very good taste. Good luck with the ride.
als2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2007, 07:46 PM   #15
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well, I washed the Silver one today since it have gathered some dead bugs on the front from our drive yesterday. I felt guilty as hell. My C5Z is sitting over in the driveway with the cover on it, feeling all lonely and neglected. Probably will spit a piston at me next time I take it out for a ride...

I had originally planned on sitting the C6 outside, but the Noah cover I ordered hasn't come in yet. So the C6 is under the carport for now, where the C5Z was previously.

Tomorrow (01/08) is our 29th wedding anniversary!

Rich, we Americans have come up with an ingenious device:

It's called a garage.....

Very nice ride....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2007, 09:25 PM   #16
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

Nice! Any trouble from getting it from so far away?
Unread 01-10-2007, 12:37 AM   #17
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by naples
Nice! Any trouble from getting it from so far away?
Well depends on how you look at it. It was kind of nerve wracking knowing it was picked up on a Thursday and took a week and a day to get down here. I've found two "blemishes" that were likely done during the trip, but they are not all that big of a deal. A couple of scratches on the door panel right below the driver's side mirror, and a small faint scrape mark on the left side of the rear bumper fascia. Both are small enough and subtle enough that I missed them completely when I expected it at the dropoff point.

But if Connie and I had flown up to New Hampshire and driven the car back to Tallahassee (1300 miles) I am certain there would have been a LOT more blemishes from that trip alone just from rock chips and who knows what else.... Plus the expense would have been probably around the same ($900) all total.

All in all, I think this worked out pretty well, all things considered. I do wish I could have found a local dealer who would have given me a good deal on the car, but that just didn't happen. Even with the cost of shipping involved, nobody around here was even close (and who could meet my deadline). There was a guy down in Venice who came pretty close, but would have had to order a car, and delivery wouldn't have been until sometime in February.

Connie wants a few options that maybe I can find after market or from the dealer. She wants that Cargo Convenience Net, for one thing, if I can find it. And we will be getting the windows tinted. Oh, and I'm looking for a rear license plate frame that won't mar the rear fascia... Probably a few more cosmetic upgrades here and there as well. But nothing too outlandish. Just some personalization being done to the car....
Unread 01-10-2007, 08:51 AM   #18
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Rich, we Americans have come up with an ingenious device..
It's called a garage.....
That was America's Idea?
Unread 01-10-2007, 10:30 PM   #19
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

It is an awful drive from NH this time of year. You are much better off having it delivered. Actually if you just have a few blemishes you are pretty lucky. Hope she enjoys the car.
Unread 01-11-2007, 12:02 AM   #20
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by naples
It is an awful drive from NH this time of year. You are much better off having it delivered. Actually if you just have a few blemishes you are pretty lucky. Hope she enjoys the car.
Yeah, I especially did not want to drive through New York! No way, no how! Just trying to time the trip to avoid rush hour traffic would have been a real headache. No, you can HAVE the northeast. ESPECIALLY in the wintertime.