The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 11-20-2006, 01:09 PM   #11
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Welcome Support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I personally witnessed that event from the window in my motel room. I saw later that the asphalt in the parking lot was obviously damaged by the burnout that the vehicle did. The car had out of state tags on it, so I doubt the driver is a TBV member.

If ALL Corvette clubs and events want to find themselves having a tough time getting hotels to accept members, then this is certainly a good way to go about it. Yeah, money talks, but when the hotels have to repair damages done by their guests, then that will also be considered in the equation. If they have other non-corvette guests complaining about the noise and asking for a refund of their payment, that will take part in the equation as well.
Thanks Rich for your support!!!
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #12
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
ps, can you please remove the CAPS LOCK? Looks like you're shouting all the time
What Jim? I couldn't hear you.

We didn't know WTH the noise was at first . Tyler thought it was a loud vacuum cleaner (at that late hour ) Eventually we figured it out, and were very unimpressed with the lack of consideration they showed for others and their property.
Don't get me wrong, i'll be the first to ask where the Bar is, but I wouldn't put on a demonstration like that, Especially after drinking.
I'm just glad it wasn't done by anyone that I know, and that no physical damage was done.
It's like what was mentioned earlier, there's one in every crowd, it's just a shame that also includes the Vette crowd! IMO.
Great Job TBV on the show!

~Ray
Unread 11-20-2006, 09:18 PM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KILL
ps, can you please remove the CAPS LOCK? Looks like you're shouting all the time
It comes from to many years as and engineer......we do everything in "CAPS....will try to improve on my chat skills!!![/quote]

No problem, I do the same thing. All of my court work is in CAPS. Sometimes you may catch me doing the same thing if I'm in a hurry...and too lazy to change it (which I can be at times )

Later guy
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 12:40 AM   #14
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Ok, Any answer yet to Shadows question he asked SEVERAL times now? Any possibility of a judged organized event next year?????
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 07:04 AM   #15
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Ok, Any answer yet to Shadows question he asked SEVERAL times now? Any possibility of a judged organized event next year?????

By the lack of response, my guess is the organizers aren't interested

Sorry, gotta do it this way...HEY JIM...U THERE?

Maybe we'll get an answer though?

Later guys and gals, gotta hit the road shortly!
Unread 11-21-2006, 07:28 AM   #16
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Talking RESPONSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
By the lack of response, my guess is the organizers aren't interested

Sorry, gotta do it this way...HEY JIM...U THERE?

Maybe we'll get an answer though?

Later guys and gals, gotta hit the road shortly!
IF YOU ALL WANT TO SET SOMETHING UP...YOU CAN..WE AT "TBV" CAN'T SUPPORT IT...I WOULD ATTEND...NEXT YEAR WE WILL MAKE YOU CHAIRMEN OF THE "ULTIMATE BURN-OUT" CONTEST. JUST DON'T DO IT AT THE HOTEL....
Unread 11-21-2006, 07:48 AM   #17
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Talking 2007 EVENTS

Attached Images

Unread 11-21-2006, 10:52 AM   #18
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KILL
IF YOU ALL WANT TO SET SOMETHING UP...YOU CAN..WE AT "TBV" CAN'T SUPPORT IT...I WOULD ATTEND...NEXT YEAR WE WILL MAKE YOU CHAIRMEN OF THE "ULTIMATE BURN-OUT" CONTEST. JUST DON'T DO IT AT THE HOTEL....
This is a waste of time. It;s obvious that TBV's doesn't want the liability. Can't say that I necessarily blame them. Of course if there are members here that are also TBV members, and you want it to happen, I suggest you put your interest in writing and submit them to the staff.

Otherwise, if you guys want to set something (legitimately) up off premises, we can work on it but it's going to be an uphill battle. Unless Ferman is willing to sponsor it and provide a place, you'd probably end up going waaayyy off premesis. That takes away from the event. So again, unless FERMAN will provide a location, we're probably out of luck for any "formal" legitimate contest.

Unless theres a tire shop nearby that might be interested

Anything else is dangerous and illegal and I too can't involve myself with it for professional reasons.
Unread 11-21-2006, 12:17 PM   #19
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well honestly, I would not participate myself in such an event. I just don't have money to burn like that......

Unless you are heating up your tires prior to making a run at the dragstrip, what's the point? Unless this is the equivalent of lighting up your cigar with burning $100 bills....
Unread 11-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #20
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well honestly, I would not participate myself in such an event. I just don't have money to burn like that......

Unless you are heating up your tires prior to making a run at the dragstrip, what's the point? Unless this is the equivalent of lighting up your cigar with burning $100 bills....

Yeah, pretty much

A lot of major shows (F-body gatherings and the like) do this occasionally. It's just a way for those that want to do it, to do so without garnering the long eye of the law or disdain of the management

I probably wouldn't either for the same reason. I enjoy watching, but after while, it gets boringZZZZZzzzzzzz.

Just another idea for next year...