The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 11-11-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
jakesindy
time with my son

Name :
jakesindy is on a distinguished road
Default one more gone

Autoway Chevy in tampa is closeing on Friday 11-14-08
Unread 11-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesindy View Post
Autoway Chevy in tampa is closeing on Friday 11-14-08
My office is on Florida Ave. in Tampa.
Take a ride down Florida Ave. between Waters and Bearss. We have been used car alley for years on this street. Half of the dealerships are closed or near closing.
This S..T!!.....is SCARY!!!

NOW THIS NEWS TODAY!!!
General Motors has once again approached the federal government with its hand out. It should not be forgotten that in September of 2008, Congress gave the "big three" automakers a loan totaling $25 billion. Now they are back. This time they say that with a mere $50 billion they can turn things around and become profitable in the future. The management of GM and Ford as well as the UAW have been meeting with Nancy Pelosi to arrange a deal. GM claims that if the government does not give them the money they demand it will spell doom for the company and thus the entire US economy.

Jim
Unread 11-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Yep,

Uncontrolled spending, poor planning,, exagerated costs (greed), low employment numbers and Union "negotiations" are running the auto industry into the ground.

Hopefully things will turn around in the next year or 2. Well, either they will or we'll be looking for a new president in 4!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well if the government has to bail out everyone, just where exactly are they getting that money from? They spend it now faster then they can "earn" it as it is, so it's not like they have a savings account they can draw from.

Well, it would be one thing if the government was using it's own money for these bailouts, but they are not. They are using the money from US, the taxpayers. And we're hurting on taxes enough as it is, thank you very much. And if anyone has any doubts about that meaning substantial tax increases, they better be thinking harder about what this all really means.

So with more people losing their jobs and not having an income to pay taxes on, what exactly is this going to mean?

If the USA is not already bankrupt with all the accumulated deficit spending, how long do you figure it is going to take before that actually happens? Their ONLY source of income is taxes. Unless they crank up the printing presses and just MAKE more money. Which, of course, then makes all the money the prudent citizens have saved for a rainy day, worth MUCH MUCH less.
Unread 11-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

The ironic thing is that while the Big 3 continue to beg for more $$, they have yet to show how they are going to use the money. Will be interesting to see the bonuses they give themselves at years end...
Unread 11-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Yep,

Uncontrolled spending, poor planning,, exagerated costs (greed), low employment numbers and Union "negotiations" are running the auto industry into the ground.

Hopefully things will turn around in the next year or 2. Well, either they will or we'll be looking for a new president in 4!

Naahhh... They will still blame it on Bush. They will say the residual is stronger than Obama believed and it will take another term for him to finish straightening out the Bush mess. It doesn't matter that the "Bush mess" is really directly related to Clinton laws and policies that finally burst while Bush was in office.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #7
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
Naahhh... They will still blame it on Bush. They will say the residual is stronger than Obama believed and it will take another term for him to finish straightening out the Bush mess. It doesn't matter that the "Bush mess" is really directly related to Clinton laws and policies that finally burst while Bush was in office.
Oh, in other words, he's not done CHANGING the county yet......

Which, of course, will be OUR fault.
Unread 11-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #8
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, it would be one thing if the government was using it's own money for these bailouts, but they are not. They are using the money from US, the taxpayers. And we're hurting on taxes enough as it is, thank you very much. And if anyone has any doubts about that meaning substantial tax increases, they better be thinking harder about what this all really means.
Wrong there, friend. That was spent long ago. We're spending China's money.

I say let the big 3 fail. Toyota will still be there to build cars. Stuff like that probably isn't a good thing for my popularity, but business is business and bad business needs to fail.

Bailouts are like immortality. They seem like a good thing until you wake up and realize that everyone is getting it. By the time you realize that, nobody has been dieing but the birth rate is unchanged. You are left with an immense population that outgrew it's food supply. So instead of a natural, if not always constant, population; you now have a situation ripe for die back which will leave you with a much smaller population. And while dieing is something nobody looks forward to, most people look forward to starving to death with a bit more disdain.

And of course, those with the immortality can't die, so their children (the next generation, the taxpayers, any "regular" person, you and me) are the ones that suffer starvation and death, due to the fear and greed of fools who fear the natural course of life.

But hey, I'm just a simple taxpayer, a tool for whatever politician may have use of me. What do I know...
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 11:23 PM   #9
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaZ View Post
Yeah, but what happens when China calls in their marks? We already gave them the Panama Canal, so what will be next? Do you think if there were illegal Chinese imigration issues we would even hear about it?

Quote:
I say let the big 3 fail. Toyota will still be there to build cars. Stuff like that probably isn't a good thing for my popularity, but business is business and bad business needs to fail.
I agree. When corporations are making money hand over fist, I don't see them falling all over themselves to spread the wealth back in this direction. The way we are heading is DEFINITELY communism with all business being owned and run by the state. If the communism of the past was so bad, why is it all of a sudden "good" for us now?

Quote:
But hey, I'm just a simple taxpayer, a tool for whatever politician may have use of me. What do I know...
Hey now! Can't be having the tax cattle complaining and stirring up trouble! You just might find yourself on the menu at McDonald's.....
Unread 11-11-2008, 11:38 PM   #10
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Bailouts are like immortality. They seem like a good thing until you wake up and realize that everyone is getting it. By the time you realize that, nobody has been dieing but the birth rate is unchanged. You are left with an immense population that outgrew it's food supply. So instead of a natural, if not always constant, population; you now have a situation ripe for die back which will leave you with a much smaller population. And while dieing is something nobody looks forward to, most people look forward to starving to death with a bit more disdain.

And of course, those with the immortality can't die, so their children (the next generation, the taxpayers, any "regular" person, you and me) are the ones that suffer starvation and death, due to the fear and greed of fools who fear the natural course of life.

Well said, and...

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote