The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 11-15-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
JimJL
Viet Nam Vet

Name :
JimJL has disabled reputation
Question Florida Corvette License Plate

has anyone ever tried to get a special plate for corvettes?, they seem to have them for all the schools and any special interest group there is is, it would seem that they would sell many.
JimJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 04:40 PM   #2
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJL
has anyone ever tried to get a special plate for corvettes?, they seem to have them for all the schools and any special interest group there is is, it would seem that they would sell many.
Welcome to the site Jim.

I don't know of any in Florida, but I have seen them in other parts of the country. Here is a plate from Idaho. And some info on how it came to be.
http://www.valleycorvettes.org/plates.php

I've also seen a Corvette club license plate in Maryland, I believe.

Of course Kentucky has the NCM plate.

Somebody should do that here in Florida. I know there is a lot of red tape involved.

Scott
Attached Images

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 04:41 PM   #3
CREWZIN

Name :
CREWZIN is on a distinguished road

I thought that you could go to the drivers licence place (whatever it's called) and if you have a certain amont of orders (25+ ?) that any special plate could be made up. Not sure where I heard that information, but maybe worth checking out.

87 Dark Red Metallic Coupe. L98 Auto, 143,000 smilin miles.
Black 17" Z06 Motorsport Wheels, Muffler Eliminators, "Y" pipe w/o pre-cats, K&N with open lid, TB Flow Booster, Big Mouth Performance Air Dam, Vette Connection Stage II Chip. Citrus County Corvette Club
CREWZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
MADN3SS

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN
I thought that you could go to the drivers licence place (whatever it's called) and if you have a certain amont of orders (25+ ?) that any special plate could be made up. Not sure where I heard that information, but maybe worth checking out.
No, unfortunately it takes legislation. Here is a link to the State DMV.
http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/specialtytags/SLP.html

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
Unread 11-15-2006, 04:53 PM   #5
CREWZIN

Name :
CREWZIN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
No, unfortunately it takes legislation. Here is a link to the State DMV.
http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/specialtytags/SLP.html
OK, must have been Maryland (where I came from). That state's greedy enough to want to make money from anything they can.

87 Dark Red Metallic Coupe. L98 Auto, 143,000 smilin miles.
Black 17" Z06 Motorsport Wheels, Muffler Eliminators, "Y" pipe w/o pre-cats, K&N with open lid, TB Flow Booster, Big Mouth Performance Air Dam, Vette Connection Stage II Chip. Citrus County Corvette Club
CREWZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 04:56 PM   #6
MADN3SS

Name :

You're right! I was just on their site and there are like 50 plates just for the letter C! Here are two Vette plates from the NCCC and a Corvette club.
Attached Images

Unread 11-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #7
MADN3SS

Name :

Come to think of it, I was in Tennessee in July and saw something that just didn't compute. You know how in Florida we have a lot of different college plates from around the state? In Tennesee, volunteer country, you can actually get a Tennessee plate with the University of Florida, or Georgia, or Alabama, Auburn, etc. That just amazes me that they would promote a college from another state!

Unread 11-15-2006, 08:35 PM   #8
JimJL
Viet Nam Vet

Name :
JimJL has disabled reputation

thanks for the replies, it sounds like its quite involved to get it done, maybe more than I can handle but I would buy one in a minute as would many other vette people would if it was out there
JimJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #9
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default I like it!

Sounds like something that maybe a Corvette Club or all of the Corvette Clubs should look into. Power in numbers!
Unread 11-25-2006, 09:22 PM   #10
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
Sounds like something that maybe a Corvette Club or all of the Corvette Clubs should look into. Power in numbers!
A Florida plate would be really nice. Hopefully it would be good looking and not something that looks like it should be on a clown car.