The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 12-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #31
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Chris has not responded and still wont answer his phone.
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #32
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

Food for thought:

Your time line does seem a bit erratic, however it appears to be roughly 4 months or so give or take a week that your car has been down? I think if you were at 8-10 months then there would be more of problem in my mind.

But, you stated twice in your post that there were issues related to work a previous shop did to which Xtreme knew nothing about until the issues came to light while Xtreme was working on your car?

Some misinformation on your part in your post based on MY experience wrenching on my own car, installing heads and intake consumes a bit more then five minutes and removing and installing a motor in a day for one person is pushing it to the limit. That would be a rush job, not one I would be comfortable with.

Considering the issues that were unforeseen, basically a one person shop and I believe they had some family issues, I for one am not having a problem with the time line as I understand it.

I'll bet if Xtreme had it to do all over again they would have told you thanks but no thanks, too many headaches and turned your business away. If it were me I would have told you to take the car back to the original shop and make them do it correctly and fix what the problem was, which unless I missed it you never stated what that problem was exactly.

From my perspective, you chose a small shop that probably gave you a great price to do the work and you had an unrealistic time frame for the work to be completed AND, expected Xtreme to over come the unknown issues from work at a previous shop.

Further, from what I see, Xtreme has been trying in good faith to get you back on the road. In defense of Xtreme or any shop for that matter, they still have to take in work to keep income flowing into the business, bills have to be paid. At some point, your car had to take a back seat to other paying customers who did not have the issues your car has had.

My advice is to take a step back, relieve some pressure from Chris and let him get the car right. Time frames when working on cars and engines only result in rush jobs and ultimate failures.

And I promise you I have been exactly in your shoes as far as a single form of transportation and a wife being at home with kids and no car. Mine was down (Car, not wife, LOL) for 18 months working out the issues. But, I stayed patient and worked out the bugs and problems. I had to remove and install the new motor twice plus removal of the original motor, then remove the transmission three times as well.

But in the end, I have a kick ass 383 stroker putting out 487 HP and 455 TQ to the wheels and is a blast to drive every day. Looking back it was all worth it and I am glad for the time it took to get it right.

Best of luck to you.
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #33
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

To put an Intake Manifold and Heads onto a motor that is out of the car doesn't take around 5 minutes? It is tightening bolts.

The problems with the other shop were done and gone by Oct 4th. previous to that actually. That is when Chris said the car was good to go. The other shop has NOTHING to do with the way he conducted business, I was more then reasonable about their issues, and like I said, it was the fact he procrastinated that took it so long to get done the first time.

Then the motor blew up 2 days later.

When 10 other car shop owners say it takes a day, I'll believe them. Especially when the motor itself wasn't in the car. I'm not even talking hooked up, just IN the car. There was no removing of a motor necessary at all either. Both times the motor was already out.

So From Oct6th till now, you're saying its totally reasonable that they haven't put the motor in my car? That they have stopped communication 100%? I should just let them casually think about maybe ever might wanting to finish the car? Sorry, but it is a part of my LIFE having a car. As a business man he has a responsibility to his customer.

I had a time frame that I knew wasn't going to be completed originally once we found out about the other shops work, that is a non issue. His procrastination and communication are issues.

So YOU had your car? You KNEW what was going on with it. I DON'T.

I have been MORE then reasonable with Chris, letting him push off things due to the car show etc. There is a time when you need to worry about the people you have affected. Blindly giving them a pass is silly.

Furthermore, I'm clearly not the only person with these issues, so where the "good faith" you are imagining Chris has is coming from is beyond me.

So again, how exactly can a shop in "good faith" be trying to get me back on the road, if they refuse to communicate and even tell me, or anyone on these boards, that that is what they are doing? Chris told me it would take 2 weeks or so for the motor to get replaced when it blew, it is now over 2 months since then.

Every time a deadline comes up, a new excuse comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@TheCorvetteShow View Post
Food for thought:

Your time line does seem a bit erratic, however it appears to be roughly 4 months or so give or take a week that your car has been down? I think if you were at 8-10 months then there would be more of problem in my mind.

But, you stated twice in your post that there were issues related to work a previous shop did to which Xtreme knew nothing about until the issues came to light while Xtreme was working on your car?

Some misinformation on your part in your post based on MY experience wrenching on my own car, installing heads and intake consumes a bit more then five minutes and removing and installing a motor in a day for one person is pushing it to the limit. That would be a rush job, not one I would be comfortable with.

Considering the issues that were unforeseen, basically a one person shop and I believe they had some family issues, I for one am not having a problem with the time line as I understand it.

I'll bet if Xtreme had it to do all over again they would have told you thanks but no thanks, too many headaches and turned your business away. If it were me I would have told you to take the car back to the original shop and make them do it correctly and fix what the problem was, which unless I missed it you never stated what that problem was exactly.

From my perspective, you chose a small shop that probably gave you a great price to do the work and you had an unrealistic time frame for the work to be completed AND, expected Xtreme to over come the unknown issues from work at a previous shop.

Further, from what I see, Xtreme has been trying in good faith to get you back on the road. In defense of Xtreme or any shop for that matter, they still have to take in work to keep income flowing into the business, bills have to be paid. At some point, your car had to take a back seat to other paying customers who did not have the issues your car has had.

My advice is to take a step back, relieve some pressure from Chris and let him get the car right. Time frames when working on cars and engines only result in rush jobs and ultimate failures.

And I promise you I have been exactly in your shoes as far as a single form of transportation and a wife being at home with kids and no car. Mine was down (Car, not wife, LOL) for 18 months working out the issues. But, I stayed patient and worked out the bugs and problems. I had to remove and install the new motor twice plus removal of the original motor, then remove the transmission three times as well.

But in the end, I have a kick ass 383 stroker putting out 487 HP and 455 TQ to the wheels and is a blast to drive every day. Looking back it was all worth it and I am glad for the time it took to get it right.

Best of luck to you.
Unread 12-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #34
Bradzvette

Name :

I'm not going to debate you as this can go on all day long back and forth.

I hope it works out for you.
Unread 12-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #35
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Quote:
I'm not going to debate you as this can go on all day long back and forth.

I hope it works out for you.
There is a big difference between doing the work yourself and you failing to accomplish it, then paying for someone else to do it, and them failing at it.
Unread 12-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #36
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Try not to be so defensive FB.
I/we know you're upset and from what I can see, rightfully so. That said, getting defensive with another member when they voice thier opinion on an issue isn't going to cut it or make things any better.

Relax! It is what it is and it will work out appropriately in time. As I've said to others, when dealing with a situation that you can't manage (you can't manage this one-all you can do it watch), you need to make a play list, follow the list, take the appropriate actions when it's time and NOT spend the remaining time worrying about something you can't change!!

As Dave Ramsey suggests. Spend your time productively. With your family and new baby. Working on bettering yourself in your military careet, and NOT worrying about things you can't do anything about!

From what I can see of this matter, a little communication might go a LOOOOONG way toward calming the situation

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #37
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Brad was completely ignoring pretty much everything I posted, that's why I was getting defensive, because he told ME to give Chris time, when Chris should be communicating with me, and not trying to waste anymore of MY time.

A situation cannot work itself out if one of the parties is refusing to even answer the phone or make a comment on a forum. All they had to do was put the new second motor in and bring it back, I fail to see why that called for a lack of communication or why they haven't completed it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Try not to be so defensive FB.
I/we know you're upset and from what I can see, rightfully so. That said, getting defensive with another member when they voice thier opinion on an issue isn't going to cut it or make things any better.

Relax! It is what it is and it will work out appropriately in time. As I've said to others, when dealing with a situation that you can't manage (you can't manage this one-all you can do it watch), you need to make a play list, follow the list, take the appropriate actions when it's time and NOT spend the remaining time worrying about something you can't change!!

As Dave Ramsey suggests. Spend your time productively. With your family and new baby. Working on bettering yourself in your military careet, and NOT worrying about things you can't do anything about!

From what I can see of this matter, a little communication might go a LOOOOONG way toward calming the situation
Unread 12-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #38
Bradzvette

Name :

...........didn’t ignore, I read and comprehend very well, actually get paid to do it. I was trying to give you some insight and another point of view to help ease the situation. However you seem hell bent on arguing with anyone who sees things a little different then you do.

What I find interesting is the fact the your first post to the forum here you introduce yourself by bashing another shop and now here you are doing the same thing to Xtreme just two short months later after praising them. One bad experience is one thing but two in such a short time makes me wonder if you bring this on yourself by being impatient?

Quite frankly you act like you are the first person to ever have a performance modification hit a few road blocks and take longer then the estimated time given.

Proof in my mind that Xtreme is trying to take care of you is that they got you a short block. Sometimes good intentions do account for something. Usually there are no warranties or guarantees on performance modifications, period. Stock rocker arms with mid range mileage do go bad all the time. Further with a bad tune there is no telling the damage that was done to the motor prior to Xtreme working on it. To be honest I would have told you to pound sand at that point.

As I see it you have two choices, set up a time and go there in person and devise a game plan with Xtreme to get your car completed and running, (if it were me I would give them thirty days to complete the work or return the car and money, that would be more then fair on your part) or continue to post here and argue with everyone that tries to offer help and solutions while your car sits.

Your choice.
Unread 12-21-2009, 11:27 PM   #39
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Did they get a short block? I'd like to see a picture, because (I already mentioned, but I realize you have trouble reading) that he has refused to take ANY pictures of my car. He also refused to tell me where he is getting it from, so I can't ask them.

It was in 2008 that the other shop messed up. There are no good local shops in P-Cola. They both have their individual faults, one did messed up work, one can't communicate, I highly suggest you get a new job because your level of comprehension is non existent, and I've heard all about the stuff you have pulled, so no thanks, I'm not going to take any advice from someone with your level of character.

I praised Chris based off his initial response. Once my car was really in his hands, things went south. Not my fault that he has acted the way he has. Yes, both the shops have done horribly. In fact the other shop doesnt even exist anymore because of all the problems.

The motor had been open and had been seen to be perfectly fine, it wasn't the rockers going bad the blew up the motor, it was the fact they installed the wrong valve seals which snapped the valve stems. I thought you were familiar with motors/transmissions? You keep squandering for an argument and are failing horrible. Fact: The motor bombed because of Chris' lack of attention to detail. What the other shop had done was bad, but didn't have ANY affect on that. Both shops did something wrong, maybe I just have bad luck.

If I shop says they will have a car done by X date. Then they should be held accountable for their word. It wasn't expected for Chris to meet deadlines that were unreasonable or to meet something he couldn't have because of someone elses work.

I would love to set a date to get my car back and money for my motor, but guess what....CHRIS won't answer his phone, again, let's go back to the comprehension bit and you can re-attack later. You obviously are oblivious to the fact that he has cut off communications 100%. Which is way more of a dead ringer then "I think you are being impatient". Use your brain. Another 30 days is on top of all the days it was already supposed to be done.

I spent HOURS working on my car with Justin at Chris' shop while HE did nothing. Putting the headers on, giving Justin a hand.

Even if Chris was running into problems now, I would have NO idea because he doesn't communicate, I can't converse with him, work anything out, or know what is going on with my car, if HE doesn't tell me. This is where the problem is stemming from. All the business owner has to say is "this is what is going on, and this is the time frame we are looking at". It keeps getting pushed back more and more.

Do you think any of the other shops on here would have allowed this to continue? As soon as the customer says "You're not communicating with me enough" what do you think they will do? Ignore you for weeks on end? or keep you in the loop?

Figure it out.

Quote:
...........didn’t ignore, I read and comprehend very well, actually get paid to do it. I was trying to give you some insight and another point of view to help ease the situation. However you seem hell bent on arguing with anyone who sees things a little different then you do.

What I find interesting is the fact the your first post to the forum here you introduce yourself by bashing another shop and now here you are doing the same thing to Xtreme just two short months later after praising them. One bad experience is one thing but two in such a short time makes me wonder if you bring this on yourself by being impatient?

Quite frankly you act like you are the first person to ever have a performance modification hit a few road blocks and take longer then the estimated time given.

Proof in my mind that Xtreme is trying to take care of you is that they got you a short block. Sometimes good intentions do account for something. Usually there are no warranties or guarantees on performance modifications, period. Stock rocker arms with mid range mileage do go bad all the time. Further with a bad tune there is no telling the damage that was done to the motor prior to Xtreme working on it. To be honest I would have told you to pound sand at that point.

As I see it you have two choices, set up a time and go there in person and devise a game plan with Xtreme to get your car completed and running, (if it were me I would give them thirty days to complete the work or return the car and money, that would be more then fair on your part) or continue to post here and argue with everyone that tries to offer help and solutions while your car sits.

Your choice.
Unread 12-21-2009, 11:31 PM   #40
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Name : Elizabeth Kelly
Someoneyoushouldknow has disabled reputation

As the OP, (thanks Shadow, always wanted to be known by initials, it's like a one word name like Madonna, or Beyonce ) I am going to step in on both sides.

While my situation is very similar it is not entirely the same thing. I completely understand the frustration and I know what the lack of communication does. I know that it makes things impossible to deal with. I can understand that your situation puts you and your family under a tremendous amount of stress. I don't agree that you should have to wait 4 to 10 months for work on any vehicle. Please don't think that I am in anyway sticking up for or making an excuse for what's happened to you.

I do know that Chris has taken on more then he can handle and he's seems to be stuck. I think all this has hopefully been a wake up call to get things righted and quickly, at least I hope so.

I also would like to ad that it bothers me that everyone jumps on someone who is clearly bothered enough by a situation to bring it up in a public forum. Everyone has their own battles that they are facing and sometimes people can have the same experience with a totally different view of it. For Pete's sake I got called a rapist on my thread! Ridiculous.
Someoneyoushouldknow is offline   Reply With Quote