The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 12-22-2009, 04:13 AM   #41
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

You didn't get called a rapist, I just tend to use extreme examples.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 06:33 AM   #42
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post
To put an Intake Manifold and Heads onto a motor that is out of the car doesn't take around 5 minutes? It is tightening bolts.
If you can put a set of heads correctly on any engine in 5 minutes in or out of the vehicle or install a engine in the vehicle in a day, Call me toll free you have a job!! (877-677-2984 ext 5)
Hows $1000. a week sound to start?? How are you at C3,C4 and C5 clutches,4x4 transfer cases and heater cores?? Do you do any Frame,Suspension,Body,Paint or Alignment work??
Were going to make the Big Bucks!!
Unread 12-22-2009, 07:03 AM   #43
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
If you can put a set of heads correctly on any engine in 5 minutes in or out of the vehicle or install a engine in the vehicle in a day, Call me toll free you have a job!! (877-677-2984 ext 5)
Hows $1000. a week sound to start?? How are you at C3,C4 and C5 clutches,4x4 transfer cases and heater cores?? Do you do any Frame,Suspension,Body,Paint or Alignment work??
Were going to make the Big Bucks!!
I don't think you are picking up on the association. I'm not talking about putting springs, retainers, locks etc. Just throwing on the gaskets and putting the heads on, putting the manifold in place and bolting it down. Really its that simple. Why you are trying to blow what I said out of proportion is beyond me, but judging by your first post, this is just how you act, probably because you think you are some internet warrior with something to prove, or maybe because you have a blind faith in Chris, and because he is a sponsor, feel the need to lead the attack. Good for you, your bias and ignorance is hiding in plain site. You would have to be a half eaten carrot not to be able to do that around that time frame.

Sure though, ignore all the horrible atrocities that have been committed and try and pick apart my post, if thats the best you got, i suggest you gtfo.

I know around 50 guys who would be willing to take you on a cash bet over that naive engine statement. You are obviously clueless to what exactly goes on... putting a longblock in a car doesn't take that long. Even if you went extremely slow, it shouldn't take you more then 3 days all by yourself. Seriously.
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #44
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

and again, that's great that you are all sticking up for Chris, but guess who STILL hasn't called anyone yet, and guess whose car is sitting in his shop with a bunch of crap sitting on it and motorless?
Unread 12-22-2009, 08:07 AM   #45
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't think you are picking up on the association. I'm not talking about putting springs, retainers, locks etc. Just throwing on the gaskets and putting the heads on, putting the manifold in place and bolting it down. Really its that simple. Why you are trying to blow what I said out of proportion is beyond me, but judging by your first post, this is just how you act, probably because you think you are some internet warrior with something to prove, or maybe because you have a blind faith in Chris, and because he is a sponsor, feel the need to lead the attack. Good for you, your bias and ignorance is hiding in plain site. You would have to be a half eaten carrot not to be able to do that around that time frame.

Sure though, ignore all the horrible atrocities that have been committed and try and pick apart my post, if thats the best you got, i suggest you gtfo.

I know around 50 guys who would be willing to take you on a cash bet over that naive engine statement. You are obviously clueless to what exactly goes on... putting a longblock in a car doesn't take that long. Even if you went extremely slow, it shouldn't take you more then 3 days all by yourself. Seriously.
Talk about Naive,I'd Look in a mirror if I were you!!
You obviously had 1 or more of the 50 work on your car before Chris got stuck with it!!

There is more to it than just slapping a couple gaskets on it and tightening a few bolts,You or any of your 50 can't do it RIGHT in 5 minutes!! You been watching too much Back Yard Mechanic!!

Unread 12-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #46
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

FB...one last time my friend (and I'm only doing this because the administrator doesn't like "vacations".!)

KNOCK OFF THE ATTACKS!!

You are alienating almost everyone that posts in this thread, including me.

You're upset and it shows in your thread posts.

I/We know you've been waiting for months to get your car and I/We know that it's creating a hardship for you and your family with transportation.

However, there's little you can do except (as I've said before) set a plan and follow it.

If you do that, then yes, things WILL work themselves out. It'll just take some (more) time.

You may have to give Chris a time line to crap or get off the pot.
You may have to go get your car.
You may have to take Chris to civil court.
You may have to seek criminal charges (if appropriate)
You may have to file complaints with the appropriate entities.

See a redundant theme here?

YOU "may" have to do a lot of things, but in the end, you'll have your car, and possibly your money + some, back. That's the way things work and you can't do anything legally to change them.

Coming on here, insulting people you don't know, and talking trash is NOT going to help you.

FYI-Jessie (aka: Junkman) is about as knowledgeable regarding these matters as any senior mechanic you'll ever know + some. This is what he does. Believe me, there's more to placing a set of heads and an intake on than just bolting it down. To do it "correctly" is not a 5 minute job.

Brad is a professional educator by trade.

Your comments as well as your vague attack on his charachter were not only out of line and uncalled for, but unwelcomed as well and will not be tolerated on this site!!

And when I told you that things will correct themselves (or words to that effect), that's what I meant.

This is what I do for a living. Don't play in my sandbox son.

I understand fully how both the civil and criminal side of things work, what needs to be done and what you may have to do, to rectify the situation. Regardless, it WILL work out. One way or the other. It just takes time.

The time that has past, has past. There's nothing you can do to recover that and you have to move forward from here.

Stop assuming and trying to "what if" everything. This is pretty much a black and white scenario.

Fix my car in "X" days, and return it to me in operable condition, or return it and any unused portion of my retainer (with the appropriate documentation-reciepts from the purchase of the motor, parts, supplies, labor hours, etc.) to me immediately.

It's just about as simple as that!!!!

Fail to do either or both, and I'll take the "appropriate actions" against you.

Now that wasn't difficult was it?

And that's the way it works. We have a tendancy to over complicate matters (attorney's are good at that)

Remember K.I.S.S. (not the rock band!) and you'll get it done much quicker

Now, as to the motor issue:

Can you simply bolt another engine into an already cleared out engine bay in one day? Sure you can if it's an identical engine and there are no mods to do.

I've done' it many many times as a kid with the motor hanging from an old oak tree on a block & tackle and the car on jacks and blocks

Getting it running and tuned and ready to roll, is quite another story.

Also, we weren't running a commercial shop, trying to get cars in and out, answering phones (assuming someone actually answers there?) and we had a minimum of 2 people working on it.
That's not the case here.

You even mentioned in one post that "you" tried to make the repair and couldn't, then took it to another shop for the repair who also could not get it corrected, then finally to Chris? Is that correct?
I'm NOT defending Chris, just trying to get my time line correct. If you couldn't do the work, and a second shop couldn't do the work, then it's obviously not as "simple" as it sounds

Has this entire mess taken too long to resolve? IMO, yes.

Can it still be salvaged? Again, IMO, yes; however, COMMUNICATION is going to be necessary from Xtreme before that can be accomplished.

If that does not occur, as I said above, your options are limited and I suggest you get to your "list" pronto!

You might also learn to read sarcasm over the net

Brad was offering an opinion on the matter, and Jessie (Junk) was being sarcastic. If you knew him, you'd understand

Neither deserved the response you gave them.

Debate is fine. Personal attacks will again, not be tolerated (on either side).

Any more personal attacks will be "dealt with appropriately."
(you're getting a hell of a lot more latitude here than you'd get most places-Please take advantage of that.)

Would someone from Xtreme please call this boy and let's get this mess moving forward.

Meanwhile, folks, lets keep this thread on topic and move forward from here.

Thanks...and Merry Christmas!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #47
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Did you ever just think a moment that maybe, just maybe, you said or did something that just PISSED Chris off? You just might have a knack for doing that, you know? Heck, I have a PM from you where you told me "I actually think C5 Z06s are ugly as all get out lol." Well, bud, guess who HAS a C5 Z06 and kind of likes it? You probably didn't even realize that saying such a thing to an owner of a C5 Z06 MIGHT just piss them off, now did you?

It's entirely possible that you are just going around pissing off everyone and are clueless about this effect you have on other people. So perhaps it is time for you to just stop BLAMING everyone else for problems that might be of your own making.

So yeah, keep on trying to piss off Chris and he just might tell you to go piss up a rope and come get your car and be done with you. Lawyers be damned....
Unread 12-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #48
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Shadow, no, there was never any repair i tried to make and couldnt, and never took it to anyother shop to be fixed. The car wasnt "broke" when i took it to Chris. I'm not sure where you are getting that from.

Ill i want is resolution with Chris.
Unread 12-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #49
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Shadow, no, there was never any repair i tried to make and couldnt, and never took it to anyother shop to be fixed. The car wasnt "broke" when i took it to Chris. I'm not sure where you are getting that from. Ill i want is resolution with Chris.
Try here:

Quote:
There is a big difference between doing the work yourself and you failing to accomplish it, then paying for someone else to do it, and them failing at it.
and here:

Quote:
...I took my car to Xtreme for some cam work, intake manifold install and tune.
We ran into issues that were caused by another shop...

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 11:57 AM   #50
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Try here:

and here:
When i said failing to accomplish i was referring to brad who said it took him over a year himself.

We didnt know about the issues with the car unil after we had it at xtreme. It was shoddy install work but nothing that broke the bank or ruined the motor, just the old springs that were in the car. We had to pull a thread locked arp bolt out and chris had the springs removed by a head shop.