The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 01-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road
Default Your Thoughts On A Stimulus Package?

My .02?

$500 is not going to cut it with most...

Elderly & disabled vets should definitely share in any kind of rebate...

Minumum rebate should start at $1,000 per person (legal residents of course and anyone filing income tax)

Take some of the money from excess spending programs out there (start helping ourselves for a change) funding other programs in other countries...

Delete Income tax altogether and devise new taxing plan...

Your .02?
Unread 01-31-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
Dick
My two boo's \/

Name :
Dick has disabled reputation

Its just a hand out similar to welfare. Ill send mine back if i get one.

And whats this that I hear they are going to give to people that havent payed taxes and to illegal immigrants?
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

More money borrowed from the Arabs and Chinese to buy more arab oil and chinese goods (lead paint included)
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #4
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
Its just a hand out similar to welfare. Ill send mine back if i get one.

And whats this that I hear they are going to give to people that havent payed taxes and to illegal immigrants?
They are not "illegals" they are "undocumented migrant workers". Ask almost any Democratic and a few Republican politians and that's what you'll get.

Politically Correct Crap. Or PCC as I like to call it.

And yes I heard something about that today on the radio. It seems there is a provision in the bill to include payment to registered legal immigrants. But I ask this, why should a part time "visitor" to this country get the same share of a "tax rebate" as a full time working, taxpaying, citizen of this country.

Our government is in a mess. Most of us will be around for a few more Presidential and Senate and House elections. Let's try to pay attention to whats going on.

This is our country. This is the greatest country in the history of civilzation.

By electing our government officials, we put into power an individual that we feel has the same basic core beliefs that we do. If you don't like what they stand for, then don't vote for them, on either party.

Over the past 50 years our great country has gone from a "Global Economic Leader", to a "wind in the willows" paper tiger.

No longer is there a demand for "Made in America".

Enuf (for now),
Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2008, 03:30 AM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Those dummies can't AFFORD a tax rebate. They don't know HOW to stop spending our money, so they will just print up more of the green stuff and hope we all don't notice that the stuff is becoming worthless. It's NOT that prices of stuff is increasing, it's that the value of our money is DECREASING.

So they try smoke and mirrors, with each "representative" hoping they can get their piece of the pie then bail out before the problems get pinned on them.

Run the damned government like a business that cannot create it's own money out of thin air. Where does the money for deficit spending come from? Where do the interest payments on this debt go? If we did that crap with our businesses, we would be arrested for check kiting and fraud. How much money does the government have to be in debt before it is considered bankrupt? THEN what happens?

They've already spent all the money that Social Security has brought in over the decades and now that the piper is coming due they are trying to figure a way out of their own suicidal policies without getting lynched in the process.

Interesting times are upon us.

Stimulus? I think the thought that the government was going to clean up it's fiscal act would be incredibly stimulating.
Unread 02-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #6
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Angry Stimulus my Ass!!!

Stimulus my Ass!!!

The call for stimulus packages represents the triumph of political arrogance over common sense. The U.S. is a massive $14 trillion economy. The size of proposed stimulus packages range from $150 to $200 billion, which is about 1 to 2 percent of our GDP. Economy-wide, that's a drop in the bucket likely to have little or no effect.

Congress ought to focus on measures that create greater long-term productive incentives such as reducing corporate taxes, estate taxes and personal income taxes as well as economic deregulation.

JIM
Unread 02-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
Dick
My two boo's \/

Name :
Dick has disabled reputation

Screw political correctness. Call it like it is. Rush Limbaugh suggested that the government temporarily suspend the sales tax on gasoline to "help stimulate the economy." If its so important why dont they do something like that? It can be put into effect much sooner that sending people rebates.
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #8
Mr97Eldo

Name :
Mr97Eldo has disabled reputation

End NAFTA, CAFTA and the WTO.
The scam of "Free Trade" is squandering our economic resources and threatening our sovereignty.

Don't vote for any Free Traders in any election for any office on any level.
"Free Trade" must be ended.
Mr97Eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2008, 09:14 PM   #9
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr97Eldo View Post
End NAFTA, CAFTA and the WTO.
The scam of "Free Trade" is squandering our economic resources and threatening our sovereignty.

Don't vote for any Free Traders in any election for any office on any level.
"Free Trade" must be ended.
And your not far off the mark
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #10
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

While they are at it, take that United Nations building and put it on a big raft and push it out into the Atlantic. The member nations are all posturing about equality among the countries, when the only way they can do that is to knock the USA down a couple dozen pegs. Why should we be interested in supporting that kind of plan? Especially when WE are paying for the implementation?

And what's with putting those funky blue helmets on OUR military? That's the USA military, which is NOT for hire to the UN.