The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 08-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #341
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

After all the bad press it would be FAR easier for him to say srew it and quit, so you are correct Rich. Shows alot at this stage of the game.
Unread 08-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #342
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
After all the bad press it would be FAR easier for him to say srew it and quit, so you are correct Rich. Shows alot at this stage of the game.
I know. And also, I'm just not inclined to kick someone when they are down. I doubt anyone would ever give him another chance if I don't try to help him turn things around, simply by pushing my patience level to the limits... I've been there every step of the way, so I have seen firsthand the BS he has had to put up with with semi-compatible (or worse) parts and in some cases (World Products) crappy quality.

I'm giving Chris every opportunity to be able to tell people "Yes, I know I screwed up on some things in the past, but look how well Rich's car turned out that I did for him.." And THIS has been no easy task, by any stretch of the imagination. Actually I can't think of a build being more of a nightmare for all involved, yet he kept in there, plugging away, actually being more blase and cool headed about it than I have been.

I believe he knows that a lot of his reputation is riding on completing this build. This has been a VERY public situation that a lot of people are following. This will be the proof that he can do anything if he really sets his mind to it. I know some people are arguing that I SHOULD pull my car out of there, but I think I am handling this in the best possible manner, all things considered.
Unread 08-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #343
Rich Z

Friday Chris had to mill off some of the timing chain cover so it would fit. Unfortunately he got his glove caught up in the Bridgeport mill and wound up in the emergency room. Fortunately he didn't have any flesh removed or bones broken, but sounds like he got a pretty nasty sprain in his wrist. Probably scared the beejeesus out of him as well. It could have been a LOT worse... Milling machines can be pretty unforgiving.

He said Justin would be finishing up putting the front of the motor back together while he tried to supervise while on pain pills. He said he might be able to get back to tuning the car later that afternoon, but I suggested that doing so while on pain killers might not be a real good idea.

I didn't hear back from him, so I'm not sure of the status at this point, but I'm guessing tuning will resume maybe on Monday.

It's now officially been 10 months since my car went into the shop.
Unread 08-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #344
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Damn Rich, I don't even want to think about what could have happened. It's hard to say someone got lucky while at the same time they were injured but that could have really been ugly.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #345
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

Wow he is really lucky. I had the same thing happen with a concrete saw. Didn't lose the finger but really luckey because it cut to the bone.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #346
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

NEVER have gloves, loose clothing, rags, etc anywhere near a mill or lathe!! LUCKY MAN!

Back in the 70's when I schooled for this they showed us video of the injuries....gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Friday Chris had to mill off some of the timing chain cover so it would fit. Unfortunately he got his glove caught up in the Bridgeport mill and wound up in the emergency room. Fortunately he didn't have any flesh removed or bones broken, but sounds like he got a pretty nasty sprain in his wrist. Probably scared the beejeesus out of him as well. It could have been a LOT worse... Milling machines can be pretty unforgiving.

He said Justin would be finishing up putting the front of the motor back together while he tried to supervise while on pain pills. He said he might be able to get back to tuning the car later that afternoon, but I suggested that doing so while on pain killers might not be a real good idea.

I didn't hear back from him, so I'm not sure of the status at this point, but I'm guessing tuning will resume maybe on Monday.

It's now officially been 10 months since my car went into the shop.
Unread 08-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #347
Tampa Tuning
Tampa Tuner

Name : Phil
Tampa Tuning is on a distinguished road
Default HP tuner in Tampa

sometimes I wear a tie when I run my tree branch shreader

www.TAMPATUNING.com
813-727-8720

Corvette Camaro GTO CTS-v Dyno Charger and Challenger DYNO Tuning in Tampa, Brandon, St. Petersburg, Bradenton
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #348
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #349
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by phils C5 vette View Post
sometimes I wear a tie when I run my tree branch shreader
Don't lose your head, please....
Unread 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #350
Rich Z

Well, I ran out to the shop today. Got there about 1:45pm. My car was not on the lift, and instead a blue C6 was up there. Chris had someone over helping him out, but obviously the priority for the day was the blue C6, as that is what he started working on. Evidently it had a oil return pump on the turbos go out and they were planning on cleaning out the air intake lines. The apparent owner of that car showed up while I was there, and jumped in to help out. When I got there (and before the owner of the C6 showed up), Chris said the C6 was going to be coming off the lift pretty soon so mine could go back on there. It appeared that this was not going to happen as more and more things got taken off of the C6 (and my car not a higher priority), so I figured there was no reason for me hanging around any longer.

On the bright side (comparatively) the engine was put together, mostly, and the steering rack needed to be re-installed. So at least I didn't feel like puking when I looked under the hood.

I'll be running back there tomorrow......

Tags
427, aaron scott, chris harwood, rhs block, south georgia corvette, xtrememotorsports