The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 07-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #51
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
Howdy! I've got 92+K miles on it. Its a fun weekender, although there are some things that need to be addressed now, like the dreaded leaking heater core!
Yeah, I think I changed out most everything there was on the '92 over the years. Enjoy the ride!
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #52
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

I just checked out the "Members List" and noticed so many "last visits" dated 2006, '07, '08, etc. What's up with that?
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #53
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

When you figure it out, please let me know.....
Unread 06-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #54
donzee

Name :
donzee is on a distinguished road

Its quiet on other sites I check out.
One shows 400+ looking and there hasnt been a new post in 3 weeks . ??
Im a big help posting new stuff here also, sad to say.
donzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #55
Rich Z

It's a spiralling down to death of a forum when people simply don't post. Everyone winds up waiting for someone else to post, and when they don't see that happening, they get bored of not seeing something new and eventually just stop dropping by.

That happened to a gun forum I used to run. When only 10 or less members were stopping by each day, I figured it was a waste of my server space and I got rid of it. Even with a new owner, it never recovered and is still just barely limping along.
Unread 06-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #56
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Yup, I'm as guilty of that as anyone. I get so used to seeing a few folks posting everyday that I look for those folks to post something. When they don't, I move on. But, ALL of us are responsible for the life or death of a forum. Not just a few.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #57
Rich Z

Well, honestly I had to cut back the number of servers I was leasing, so that meant this site went to a hosting company. So I'm paying out of pocket every month for it now. Being retired, I just couldn't justify the expense of another server every month any longer. I've offloaded a couple of sites I run, but still, that's $40 per month I'm spending where there is really NO return on that money being spent. But as long as I feel people appreciate this site and use it, then I'll keep it up. But if the membership logons drop down below 10 or so, then I'm afraid this will have to go away too.

The only reason I still have my CorvetteInternational site still running is because I got a package deal on four leased domain hosting services. Otherwise it would already be gone.

I've only got one contributing member here right now, and no paid advertising besides the Google clickthrough ad. So this site is operating completely in the red. Fortunately my other sites (non Corvette related) are doing pretty well, or this purely "for fun" site for me would have to go. Just being realistic about the situation, guys. I don't have the reptile business income any longer.

So, SERIOUSLY, if you guys want this site to still be here, then you really need to make an effort to show me that you still want it. If it appears that no one really cares to come to this site any longer, and it's a financial drain on me, well, it doesn't really take a genius to figure out what has to happen.
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #58
LEJ ZO6
LEJ ZO6

Name :
LEJ ZO6 has disabled reputation
Default Curious

I'm just curious.

I come to the forum nearly every day. I don't have a lot to post but I come here to see what others are doing.

I don't log out when I leave. That way when I return I don't have to go through the login each time.

Do I get counted in the daily total each day or do I just get counted on the day I actually go through the log in process ?
LEJ ZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #59
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEJ ZO6 View Post
... Do I get counted in the daily total each day or do I just get counted on the day I actually go through the log in process ?
I think you need to be actually on the site to be counted. Rich would know for sure.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #60
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEJ ZO6 View Post
I'm just curious.

I come to the forum nearly every day. I don't have a lot to post but I come here to see what others are doing.

I don't log out when I leave. That way when I return I don't have to go through the login each time.

Do I get counted in the daily total each day or do I just get counted on the day I actually go through the log in process ?
Your presence is detected (and counted as a member visit) via the cookie stored on your PC whenever you visit this site and you are still logged in. Normally the cookie retains the "logged in" status as long as you don't actually log out, or in any way clear the cookies on your PC.