The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 12-18-2006, 09:28 AM   #11
fuzzy dice

Name :
fuzzy dice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK
We are ??????
Oh, I mean we are !!!!!!!!!!
Possibly bring both vetes to Funday Sunday. I hope to be there early, around 8:30 to 9:00 and help block off an area for Vettes only.
Cool...I'll be there early myself so look for my black 93 with the fuzzy dice hangin from the mirror...
Unread 12-18-2006, 02:47 PM   #12
SteveK
Car Show DJ

Name :
SteveK will become famous soon enough

Will definetly have my son's '85 Sliver Coupe. Might have to drive the Escape to haul the slick he ordered yesterday. If not I will have a '93 White vert.
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2006, 03:12 PM   #13
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK
Will definetly have my son's '85 Sliver Coupe. Might have to drive the Escape to haul the slick he ordered yesterday. If not I will have a '93 White vert.
I will be wearing my Powder Blue "TRACK OFFICIAL" T-shirt that was part of my race-day 'uniform' when I served as Staging Lane Director at now-extinct Fairmont (W. Va. ) Dragway in the mid-'90s.....
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2006, 07:18 AM   #14
Corvette Concepts

Name :
Corvette Concepts is on a distinguished road
Default Let's Go Racing!

Brian and I are working our schedules so that we can attend the event. We do enjoy racing...and just about anything else Corvette oriented. See you all at the track.....we'll be easy to spot!

Corvette Concepts
Delco/Mongoose Performance
Corvette Ranch
Sarasota, Florida 34240
941-322-0577
Corvette Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #15
Mr. Blue

Location: Edgewater, Florida, just 20 miles south of Daytona, Fl.
Name :
Mr. Blue has disabled reputation
Default Almost ready

I'm thrashing trying to get 'LOVE' back together. Been waiting for over a week trying to get a couple of strong healthy guys to come by and lift the blower assembly back on top of my motor. My back is so screwed I can't lift it anymore. Everything else seems ready. Once I start it, I'll know if my overheating deal is finally corrected.
I'm really anxious to put it back on the track again. Glenn
*Glenn is a past VP of Faternal Order Of Police Lodge #40
*A member of the United States Navy Memorial.
*A member of the Veterans With Vettes Corvette Club
*1 of the 305 who set a Guinness Book World Record aboard the USS Lexington CV-16, Corpus Christi, TX 09-15-2007!!
*The proud grandparent to Leah Martinez!!!
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #16
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Hope you get the car finished in-time, Glen, but if you don't, feel-free to join us anyways at OSWD.

Let's try to get an idea of who is showing-up on 14 January with their Corvette, as it is only 9 days-away at this time:
sign-in here!
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #17
SteveK
Car Show DJ

Name :
SteveK will become famous soon enough

My son is bringing his 85 coupe and I plan to bring my 93 vert.
Depends on if I have to haul his slicks or not. So at least 1.

Charter Member #64
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #18
Red 69

Name :
Red 69 has disabled reputation

Hey-Glenn, glad to hear you're nearing completion. My back is weak also, but maybe if we rig it right, we can avoid the bending. Have you considered wrapping ratcheting nylon tie down straps around the blower to form a sling through which two 1x2 sticks can pass? This might make all the difference. I'm in the Rockledge area south of Cocoa and about 35 minutes from Ecklers. If you are free Sunday, I can take a drive up to lend a hand. I have the sticks and tie downs if you choose to go that route.
Red 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #19
Mr. Blue

Location: Edgewater, Florida, just 20 miles south of Daytona, Fl.
Name :
Mr. Blue has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 69
Hey-Glenn, glad to hear you're nearing completion. My back is weak also, but maybe if we rig it right, we can avoid the bending. Have you considered wrapping ratcheting nylon tie down straps around the blower to form a sling through which two 1x2 sticks can pass? This might make all the difference. I'm in the Rockledge area south of Cocoa and about 35 minutes from Ecklers. If you are free Sunday, I can take a drive up to lend a hand. I have the sticks and tie downs if you choose to go that route.
Man, thanks for the offer. I'm very humbled that you would offer to drive up here just for a couple of minutes work. Yes, I thought about a sling set up too, but even that would be too much for MY back currently. Funny thing is, I have an electric winch attached to the roof that I use for lifting the rear body clip off by myself. It use to take 4 guys, not for the weight but for the awkwardness. Anyway, I thought about using that, but the car is up high on 4 jack stands backed into my garage. Guess where the lift is? Right!
Since I posted this morning things finally fell into place and 3 guys showed up about 10:00am. It took all of 1 1/2 mins to get it on top of the motor. Since then I've been bolting up all the 'extra' stuff such as blower belt, pulleys, lines, aircleaner, plug wires etc. You know the drill I'm sure.
I may even get around to firing it up this afternoon...minus the exhaust system, just open headers, darn! If not today, tomorrow should do it. The loud noise you hear will NOT be anouther shuttle launch. Wish me luck, and still count me as a go for the 14th. Glenn
*Glenn is a past VP of Faternal Order Of Police Lodge #40
*A member of the United States Navy Memorial.
*A member of the Veterans With Vettes Corvette Club
*1 of the 305 who set a Guinness Book World Record aboard the USS Lexington CV-16, Corpus Christi, TX 09-15-2007!!
*The proud grandparent to Leah Martinez!!!
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #20
Red 69

Name :
Red 69 has disabled reputation

It is good to hear you got over that hurdle! Sometimes it is the simple stuff that holds everything up. I hope your heat issues are now resolved.
Red 69 is offline   Reply With Quote