The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Performance Tuning

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Performance Tuning Beginner and advanced tuning | Tools of the trade

Unread 05-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
scottjen26

Name :
scottjen26 has disabled reputation
Default Looking at tuning options

Planning on selling my motorcycle soon (don't really ride anymore since I got the vette) and would like to finally get my car tuned. I have a 2004 Automatic Coupe, stock. Would love to pick up a little horsepower, and maybe more importantly smooth out the shift points, minimize the delay that happens when punching it, improve gas mileage, etc. - all the things I've read about tunes people have gotten from Chuck Cow and other local tuners.

Don't want to spend a ton of money on extras to go along with the tune, especially the way everything is right now. But I would love to finally get this done, especially if I make a little money off my bike. Can people (including tuners on this forum) give me some recommendations? Especially people who have had it done on a similar car and what their experiences have been? I would be willing for sure to spend the 300 - 400 to do a normal tune, may even consider spending a little more on something else (different thermostat, cold air intake, etc.) if it would be worth the extra cash. Doing more expensive mods at this point is probably not going to happen, especially since I may upgrade in a few years. Also, any events coming up where there would be specials on this sort of thing?

I live in Jacksonville, would love to do something locally (I've heard of one company here I think) or willing to drive to Orlando or Tampa for the day.

Thanks!
Scott
scottjen26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
ArchetypeZ28
Alchemist

Name :
ArchetypeZ28 has disabled reputation

Hi Scott. We could defiantly help you out with what you are looking for. We have have tuned many stock and intake, cat-back only Corvettes with owners looking for the same thing your after. A full tune , engine and transmission, for your corvette would be $300. We are located in Orange Park on us-17 about 7 miles south of 295 and Wells road. I'd love to have to come by sometime and take a look at our shop and talk about what we could do for you.
ArchetypeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

We're here in Blountstown about 60 miles from Tally (where we live)

If we can help you let us know...we have lots of customers from all over( Tampa, WPB, Miami, Jacksonville, Alabama and Georgia) on this site and others....many ref's if you need them

Our tunes run $400 they are all customized, no handheld stuff here

GOOD LUCK with whatever you choose

You wont believe the difference a good tune can make !!!
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote