The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 08-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #21
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Mike, any progress on getting your car fixed?
Unread 08-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #22
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

As of right now it's sitting in my garage. The shop that had been doing the work has decided he doesn't have enough knowledge to pinpoint the exact cause. It's getting to the point that nobody in Panama City is smart enough to figure it out. I may just call Aaron when your car is done and ask him if he may know what the problem is based on what the car is doing. I have driven it about 100 miles since the new throttle body was put on and it went into reduced engine power 1 time with the same codes as before the new throttle body was installed. I think you know who has put the hex on both of our cars.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #23
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
As of right now it's sitting in my garage. The shop that had been doing the work has decided he doesn't have enough knowledge to pinpoint the exact cause. It's getting to the point that nobody in Panama City is smart enough to figure it out. I may just call Aaron when your car is done and ask him if he may know what the problem is based on what the car is doing. I have driven it about 100 miles since the new throttle body was put on and it went into reduced engine power 1 time with the same codes as before the new throttle body was installed. I think you know who has put the hex on both of our cars.
Hmm, that's too bad. You would hope someone who admits that they lack the knowledge about something of that nature, and wants to be in that business, would have the ambition to GET that knowledge. If you send the tough jobs to someone else, guess where those customers are going to start taking the easy stuff as well? Yeah, it's a lot of work and effort, but if it were easy, everyone would be fixing these cars out back under the oak trees.

I'll give Aaron one thing. He's definitely NOT a quitter. And I think both he and Jim Smith have dug into this kind of problem quite a bit trying to track it down in my car. So yeah, that just might be your best bet. Besides, quite a few "refugees" have wound up in Aaron's shop to get things straightened out.
Unread 10-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #24
vetteguy61

Well after a complete check of my PCM and all the modules,wires and grounds of my car the problem was in the throttle pedal. Went to order a new one from the dealer and found out this part is not available in the parts supply. I don't know how a part can be discontinued without a substitute being available. I ended up finding on at a selvage yard.With any luck which I don't seem to have, I'll have it back today running with no "reduced power" popping up on my DIC.
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #25
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well after a complete check of my PCM and all the modules,wires and grounds of my car the problem was in the throttle pedal. Went to order a new one from the dealer and found out this part is not available in the parts supply. I don't know how a part can be discontinued without a substitute being available. I ended up finding on at a selvage yard.With any luck which I don't seem to have, I'll have it back today running with no "reduced power" popping up on my DIC.
I'm seeing more and more of this and it's quite disturbing. Recently I tried to find a wiring harness for a 2002 Ford Taurus that was "obsolete" along with a MAF sensor for a 2001 Ford Focus. I was told many years ago that manufacturers were required by federal law to provide parts for vehicles for 10 years after the model year was discontinued. Apparently that was bogus information, or the laws have changed, but all this does in my opinion is contribute to the "throw-away society" that we now live in....
Unread 10-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #26
Curacao
Island in the Caribbean.

Name : Timothy Halley
Curacao is on a distinguished road

If you guys need GM parts and the dealer tells you that it's not available, email Greg at antivenom454@gmail.com.
He has access to GM warehouse.

-----
Curacao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #27
vetteguy61

The problem is the venders are going out of business that make these parts.
Unread 10-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #28
Curacao
Island in the Caribbean.

Quote:
The problem is the venders are going out of business that make these parts.
Yes they are.

GM still has the throttle pedal/accelerator pedal, because Greg just got one last week.
He checked today and they are still available.

-----
Unread 10-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #29
vetteguy61

I got the pedal assembly from a salvage yard. Was installed today and that cured my reduced engine power that kept coming on.
Unread 10-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #30
Curacao
Island in the Caribbean.

-----