The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 05-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #81
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

That's great news Rich. maybe your car will be running by the end of the week. My motor should be in by the end of next week. Hopefully by mid june I'll get my car back.It's hell to be a vette owner and not have a vette to drive due to being in the shop for months.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #82
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
That's great news Rich. maybe your car will be running by the end of the week. My motor should be in by the end of next week. Hopefully by mid june I'll get my car back.It's hell to be a vette owner and not have a vette to drive due to being in the shop for months.
Yeah, I hope so, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much. Since it will be a short week and there's a lot of stuff that needs to be connected and put back on, I won't be surprised if it is the following week before the engine gets cranked up for the first time. Actually, after all this, I can't think of too much that WOULD surprise me..... Except maybe if everything runs absolutely smoothly from here on out, I guess.
Unread 05-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #83
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Good for you Rich.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #84
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Great news Rich! She'll be up and running a week from wednesday! That's my $.02 anyway.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #85
Rich Z

Default Captain's Log - Stardate Tuesday, 06/0/2010

Monday was a holiday, of course, so there was no progress on the car.

As for Tuesday, we decided to go to St. George Island to the beach (while we still have one worth going to) instead of my spending the day at Chris's shop. I let Chris know that we would likely be stopping out there later in the afternoon so I could pick up that bad Red Top battery and take it back to Advance Auto Parts here in Crawfordville for replacement. Fortunately it has a three year replacement warranty on it, and they swapped it with no hassles at all.

Anyway, Chris said he had to run out in the afternoon, so if he was gone, he would leave the battery in the back of one of the cars outside. And that was the case when we got there. So I didn't get to see if anything further was done to my car.

I'm waiting to hear back from Chris today, as I had mentioned that I had found the wiring on one of the oxygen sensors on the C6 chewed up by rodents when I put the car on the lift here. Chris ordered me a new sensor from Champion Chevy, and said if I would pick it up and bring it out with the car, my C5Z should be ready to be rolled off of the lift by around noontime, and he offered to replace the sensor for me. I thought that was nice of him to do. Wonder how long it's going to take for the exhaust to cool down once I get out there?
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #86
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Wonder how long it's going to take for the exhaust to cool down once I get out there?
Actually, you usually have to replace those when hot. When cold, they are damn near welded in. Ask me how I know.
Unread 06-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #87
KBlanke

Name : Kenny Blankenship
KBlanke is on a distinguished road

Agree with Eric, can be done no problem while hot (make sure to wear gloves though)
Unread 06-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #88
Rich Z

Default Captain's Log - Stardate Wednesday, 06/02/2010

I ran by Champion and picked up the oxygen sensor as well as the filters for the gas tanks they were holding there. Dang they are proud of those O2 sensors!

When I got out to Xtreme, Chris had the wheels on my C5Z and was able to roll it off of the lift. It actually looks like a genuine CAR now.

Yeah, I guess you guys were right about removing the sensor while hot, as Chris put the C6 right on the lift and proceeded to change it out for me. It was still hot, as he put on some thick gloves to keep from burning his hands, and obviously he STILL had to cool the gloves down a few times. While the car was there, he also fixed a minor problem with the plastic air intake on the passenger side that surrounds the duct for the brake cooling. One of the tabs was out of the slot and the whole thing had to be loosened up to fix it.

When he was done, Chris said he would send Connie a bill, which usually means he wants more snickerdoodle cookies from her. Sounds like a fair trade to me. Thanks Chris!

As for the C5Z, Chris said he's going to be rechecking the torque on all the bolts and putting the wiring harnesses and stuff onto the engine. I'm not planning on getting back there till maybe Monday, so that works out just fine for me.
Unread 06-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #89
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Sounds like she's getting close. Hope you get to hear her purr (I mean ROAR) come monday or tuesday!
Unread 06-07-2010, 12:09 AM   #90
Rich Z

Default Captain's Log - Stardates Thursday, 06/03/2010 & Friday, 06/04/2010

Connie and I drove down to visit family near Englewood, FL Thursday thru Sunday, so I have no idea what was done on my car by the end of the week. Hoping everything has been prepared for the new engine to finally be started up, maybe even on Monday.

So we shall see....

But sure was nice to get away for a few days.

Tags
427, aaron scott, chris harwood, rhs block, south georgia corvette, xtrememotorsports