The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 11-25-2006, 07:25 PM   #31
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller
Correction, I was there. And yes, I was drinking. But that driver hadn't had a single beer. If you weren't there, how can you accuse drunk driving? Guilty by association? I love all your assumptions your making about the owner of this car, none of you even know who it is
Yeah, right. Some of us were watching out the windows of the hotel. And there was at least one video taken. The car had a Texas license plate that said "KJUN" on it. So yes, I certainly DO think we know who it is......

Or did you happen to miss this video? -> http://rides.webshots.com/video/3037442250060913628

You may want to take note of the title of that video: Cajundude burnout From album Ultimate Corvette Party Pre Show by member ivoz06

Here's a little screen capture to refresh your memory, if you were there:

And another picture taken by 2vettes while walking around the show the following day:

Nope, we don't have a CLUE about who it was, now do we?

Drunk or sober, young or old, doing a burnout like that and then launching under full power in a hotel parking lot packed with other cars is just not SMART at all in my humble opinion. Go ahead, try to convince me that it is IMPOSSIBLE that he could have lost control of that car..........
Unread 11-25-2006, 07:28 PM   #32
Stangkiller

Name :
Stangkiller has disabled reputation

So it was kjun....but, it's unreal that you guys have the nerve to bitch and complain about this.

He didn't harm any of you. Infact last i checked NOBODY was ever in danger. Driving through a parking lot, or down the street technically puts all the other cars in danger as well...should we just stop driving all together?
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #33
Rich Z

Quote:
So it was kjun....but, it's unreal that you guys have the nerve to bitch and complain about this.

He didn't harm any of you. Infact last i checked NOBODY was ever in danger. Driving through a parking lot, or down the street technically puts all the other cars in danger as well...should we just stop driving all together?
Apparently you just don't GET it. It is from people pulling stunts like this that WE all have to suffer from laws being passed to try to protect the public from people who do ill advised stunts like this. It is people like this that could give ALL Corvette owners a bad rep. Every one of us is a representative to the public at large for ALL of us. And yes, by association, he certainly DID harm all of us that night.

How do you know no one was in danger? Suppose some other hotel guest had walked out in front of that moving Corvette unaware of what was going on? With all that smoke, I seriously doubt Cajundude could have seen much in front of him. There were many other guests at that hotel that night, and certainly could have been some older folks who would have been ignorant of what that cloud of smoke was all about. Would he have noticed some little old lady suddenly appearing from between two cars on the parking lot in front of him? No, nobody was hurt, but that was just pure luck, not by conscious design on the part of people who SHOULD have acted more responsibly at a public facility.

What is completely unreal to me is that someone would bitch and complain about US being upset about that sort of inappropriate and dangerous behavior taking place in a public parking lot.
Unread 11-25-2006, 07:57 PM   #34
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Just wanted to say...

My bad Stangkiller! I misread your profile (the wife pointed out my error) I thought you were a Major in the Air Force I know I know!

Allow me to reitterate... YOU reopened the negative side of this thread. No one has said anything negative about the burn out since the 20th.

I'm all about having fun, but there is a time and a place for it. I'd have been egg'in it on if it were elsewhere and had I not been snoozing.
You obviously have the same attitude as he, judging by your posts. Showing no concern whatsoever for people or property. You talk about Our Nerve to bitch...What about your Nerve to bitch at us for expressing our opinions, WHY? No one is being hurt, nor is there any property damage!

Did you even read the first posts? *Where the "TBV" people went to the front desk, stopping them from calling the police? *Where another TBV member had to send a crew to the hotel to repair the asphalt he tore up?
He created a situation that others had to cover for, while he went on his way.
If we were as bad as you've implied, one would think, that would not have been the case. It's not that we're "old", it's a matter of maturity and respect.
You're not getting that! Obviously you're of the younger crowd and haven't reached my level of maturity yet.
Unread 11-25-2006, 08:26 PM   #35
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

Quote:
I love all your assumptions your making about the owner of this car, none of you even know who it is
WRONG! Survey Says!!!!
kjun= Jason Theriot, of the "Corvette owners club of Houston forum" Supporting Vendor (Gulf Coast Performance) Won't be shopping there any time soon .
Looks like he does burnouts whever he goes, Judging by the one on the site.
Oh and he has a kid.
Unread 11-25-2006, 09:35 PM   #36
Mekanic
Injector Guy

Name :
Mekanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
My bad Stangkiller! I misread your profile (the wife pointed out my error) I thought you were a Major in the Air Force I know I know!

Allow me to reitterate... YOU reopened the negative side of this thread. No one has said anything negative about the burn out since the 20th.

I'm all about having fun, but there is a time and a place for it. I'd have been egg'in it on if it were elsewhere and had I not been snoozing.
You obviously have the same attitude as he, judging by your posts. Showing no concern whatsoever for people or property. You talk about Our Nerve to bitch...What about your Nerve to bitch at us for expressing our opinions, WHY? No one is being hurt, nor is there any property damage!

Did you even read the first posts? *Where the "TBV" people went to the front desk, stopping them from calling the police? *Where another TBV member had to send a crew to the hotel to repair the asphalt he tore up?
He created a situation that others had to cover for, while he went on his way.
If we were as bad as you've implied, one would think, that would not have been the case. It's not that we're "old", it's a matter of maturity and respect.
You're not getting that! Obviously you're of the younger crowd and haven't reached my level of maturity yet.

HELL YEAH! except for the last sentance :sad:
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2006, 09:27 AM   #37
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough
Default final word...I hope?

Ok guys, I've stayed out of this pretty much, but maybe it's time to put this one to bed?

Everyone's had their opportunity to share thier views.

If you will indulge me this one last post...

First, why are we hammering on each other? We as Corvette enthusiast need to stick together.

To respond to Stangkiller (and yes, I met him at the show...nice guy ):

Here's what "could" have happened (legally):

1-Reckless driving (if they'd gotten there in time to witness the act)
2-Disorderly conduct (if he wasn't drinking)
3-Disorderly Intox for those assisting him that were.
4-Criminal Mischief (vandalism).
(betcha can't guess what I've done all my life )

The other matter is the alcohol consumption on premises. As I recall, the hotel is not licensed for consumption in the parking lot. They could loose thier liquor license for simply allowing it and you and I could wind up in jail.

"If" (there we go with that again-"If" the Queen had balls she'd be the King!)
there had been an accident, the driver could have been charged with reckless driving even without a LEO witnessing the act. Florida statute allows an officer to cite a driver based upon the results of an investigation and the statement(s) of witnesses.
The videos and stills could have been confiscated as evidence in a criminal proceeding and of course the evidence in the parkling lot speaks for itself.

Yep, that ONE PATRON of the hotel could easily have caused us some major problems!

Yank- There are a lot of "if's" that fortunately, never came to fruition (thankfully), but you're correct, could have.

At that time of morning, it's highly unlikely, but still theoretically possible, for a small child or old lady to suddenly walk out from between 2 cars.

A more likely scenario is another drunk driver retuning from one of the local watering holes or "show venues" and driving (or stumbling) into the path of the moving vehicle.

I wasn't aware that TBV's sent someone to repair the damage? Thats great PR BTW.

I was aware (from conversations) that they interviened in the management decision not to call the Police. BTW in case you didn't know it. The SHERIFF'S district office is less than a mile south of the hotel and they are in the area frequently. Thier response time is not that long and they respond quickly to the hotels calls anyway.

I don't like putting the offenders name on the net, but it appears it's already been done on other sites, so no harm, no foul.

Stangkiller, as far as having "fun" goes, I just turned 50 in october but still feel like I'm in my 20's. I love to have a good time and sometimes, I'll admit I don't act my age.
That said, I have also learned over the years, sometimes the hard way, that there's a time and place for everything!
The hotel parking lot was neither

I'm sorry if that sounds old foggyish to you, but it's a fact. Yes, a few people got a kick out of it, and no, no one was hurt and no property was damaged...this time...

At least he could have picked a remote area of the parking lot to do it! (that parking lot really doesn't have any "remote" areas).

Again, if those members hadn't interviened, we could be refused use of the facility next year. Or, there could be a higher law enforcement presence when we come.

I've worked venues where we were hired specifically for an event because of the attendees and thier "history" of damage to the property. I'd hate to see us get painted with that brush!

I'm also not one of those that feels everyone under 50 is a kid. Nor do I like being painted with the "old guy" brush simply due to my age. I take offense at that comment. I'll party with the best of them, but know when to stop.

Bottom line I feel here is that we have a difference of opinion. Unfortunately, as I've pointed out, what CD did was criminal on severla levels. It was not done malisciously nor with the intent to harm, but still, by Florida Statute, criminal with a couple of inclusive traffic infraction thrown in for good measure.

It was (on the surface) dangerous, and goes to give the group as a whole a bad name. It also tends to leave a bad taste in the mouth of those staying at the hotel who are not Hi-Performance nuts as we tend to be.

Had I been there (unless you woke up my 8 month old Grand daughter-then I'd be pissed!!!!) I probably wouldn't have cared. Maybe it's from sleeping on underway boats in the USCG or ??? but I can sleep just about anywhere (just ask my wife ), and I might have been right out there with you? I just don't know. That said, it would still have been dangerous.

But to the un-indoctrinated, it's an annoyance caused by those "Corvette people!"

This is why I asked early on about a venue specifically dedicated to a burnout contest? Maybe on Friday or Saturday night?

Rather than saying TBV's do not support it, why not ask? Lets see if there's some place that would support it? Lets see if there's any real interest in it?
There are a lot of member in TBV's and a lot of differing opinions. I realize there is a committee that puts this thing together, but if they are not willing to ask, then get someone who will! You don't know until you ask!

It's a better option than just burying your head in the sand and hoping it'll go away

I apologize for the length of this response, but both sides have valid and interesting points to make.

Instead of fighting among ourselves, lets see if we can come to a solution to the issue?

I would hope Cajun Dude understands where this is coming from? It's not about being young or old, it's about not getting our butts kicked to the curb for future events. He's a business owner and I'll bet he'd understand that.

There's no need for name calling or finger pointing.

I would ask that any further anger be vented in PM or chat.

I hope everyone had a great time at the event and a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving. Look forward to seeing all of you again soon.

Take care and Thanks,

Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #38
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

Stangkiller
Unread 11-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #39
Rich Z

Excellent post, Gordon, but one detail needs to be clarified:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
At that time of morning, it's highly unlikely, but still theoretically possible, for a small child or old lady to suddenly walk out from between 2 cars.

A more likely scenario is another drunk driver retuning from one of the local watering holes or "show venues" and driving (or stumbling) into the path of the moving vehicle.
Gordon
I didn't make note of the exact time, but I was on the computer at that time in the hotel and made a post at 11:53pm on that Friday night about the incident. So this did not take place in the wee hours of the morning at all, but actually just before midnight. So the chances of other people being up and about on that parking lot is not at all unlikely nor would it be considered unusual. Not for a Friday night.
Unread 11-26-2006, 08:13 PM   #40
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Excellent post, Gordon, but one detail needs to be clarified:

I didn't make note of the exact time, but I was on the computer at that time in the hotel and made a post at 11:53pm on that Friday night about the incident. So this did not take place in the wee hours of the morning at all, but actually just before midnight. So the chances of other people being up and about on that parking lot is not at all unlikely nor would it be considered unusual. Not for a Friday night.

Thanks Rich and thanks for the clairification I was under the impression it was much later. You're right
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote