The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 12-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #11
silverback

Name :
silverback has disabled reputation

It is a different world, from WWII, whey you win a war, not by dieing for your country, but by making the other poor bastard die for his. Now " as I have been told by friends, who have children in combat" that our troops must be under fire before they can defend themselves. They cannot start a fire-fight.This is fighting with one hand tied behind your back.
As for me the only good Muslim is a dead one, they started attacking the US in the 60, with the shooting of Bobby Kennedy and it just got worst. Wake up or they will over run the world, just like the Nazis tried.
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 09:24 PM   #12
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
It is a different world, from WWII, whey you win a war, not by dieing for your country, but by making the other poor bastard die for his. Now " as I have been told by friends, who have children in combat" that our troops must be under fire before they can defend themselves. They cannot start a fire-fight.This is fighting with one hand tied behind your back.
As for me the only good Muslim is a dead one, they started attacking the US in the 60, with the shooting of Bobby Kennedy and it just got worst. Wake up or they will over run the world, just like the Nazis tried.
I'm with you! Why is it WE ALWAYS have to follow the rules??? And just who made these rules???
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 11:50 PM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post

Heck, in most REAL fights, the one who lands the first solid hit, wins. Any tactician will tell you that the psychology of landing the first blow is invaluable. Why the USA would set a policy to allow this psychological advantage to the foe is beyond me.
Unread 12-29-2007, 02:51 AM   #14
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Heck, in most REAL fights, the one who lands the first solid hit, wins. Any tactician will tell you that the psychology of landing the first blow is invaluable. Why the USA would set a policy to allow this psychological advantage to the foe is beyond me.
Our "policy" has been that way for decades In every conflict, same BS

You're dead on about the tactical advantage of a fight.

But policy is set by poli-ticians People that don't fight for a living. Most of whom (not all) have either never been in a real conflict, don't remember what it was like to be in a life threatening situation, have "people" to defend them from life threatening sutuations, or have been so politicized as to no longer care.

We've always been a nation of "defenders" and those that do not want to be or appear to be the aggressors, will support the wait until you're shot at group's tactics.

I don't agree with or necessarily want to be a nation of aggressors. I'd rather invest the time, money and manpower in bolstering our internal security and external intelligence gathering.

That said, if we're going to enter the fray, then I support going in, doing what has to be done to restore order, democracy or WTF ever it is we've set out to do, and getting the hell out!!

No hanging around, no baby sitting and no hand holding!!! Feck humanitarian missions! (don't take that the wrong way). Save those that need saving, help those that deserve help, libre de oppressor, then KILL THE ENEMY!!! and go home!

Mission accomplished, go have a beer and a burger

And taking your "first blow" scenario in a street encounter, most of the time, landing the first blow, will land you in jail

Tac-tics and poli-tics are generally speaking, mutually exclusive

I'll stick to tactics and keep a good lawyer on speed dial
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #15
Mr97Eldo

Name :
Mr97Eldo has disabled reputation

I can just see Iraq full of empty beer cans and shotgun shells!
Mr97Eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 07:22 AM   #16
larryk 87
De Oppresso Libre US ARMY

Name :
larryk 87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
Subject: Redneck Special Forces
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:03:57 EST

The Pentagon announced today the formation of a new 500-man elite
fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces.

These Alabama,Arkansas,Georgia,Kentucky,Mississippi,Missouri,Oklahoma,Tennessee and Texas boys will be dropped off into Iraq and have been given only the following facts about terrorists:

1. The season opened today.
2. There is no limit.
3. They taste just like chicken.
4. They don't like beer, pickups, country music or Jesus.
5. They are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the death of Dale Earnhardt.

The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq to be over by Next Friday!!

By friday!!!
I dont know, i'd get bored sitting around the extra 2 days. Will they supply the Beer?

Git my AWOL bag hunny, I'm taken a weekend off to go hunten
larryk 87 is offline   Reply With Quote