The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 11-22-2008, 09:11 AM   #21
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
I agree
Likewise!!

Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #22
Harbor Master

Name :
Harbor Master has disabled reputation
Default WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaZ View Post
I have to say that on most forums I am on he would be chased out. We have this wonderful little drunk guy who goes by the name AZ-ZBum who unleashes the flames of hell upon people using myspace talk (which I am better able to understand). This usually end in the member running away from the forum with his/her tail in bewteen his/her legs.

Now while I never have supported banning a member, I do think that he should be talked to by somebody with authority in this site. Everyone should attempt to communicate on a forum in a way that others can understand. His punctuation makes his posts hard to read, I honestly could type better than that in the 3rd grade (which might have something to do with using the computer to cheat on homework...) so I seriously doubt that it is his best attempt.

In addition to that, there are several weird things related to him. Take his friends. Set aside what you will most likely find in an IP check, what purpose do people have on a Florida Vette forum who live out of state? If somebody is social on the forum, fine. If they use it to plan for a trip to Florida, that's great too. But when they come onto the forum with no apparent positive motive, and then spam the site, I really see no reason for them to be here. I bet I can post links to 8 threads where those 3 say the same damned thing.

And there are several threads that, although not apparent at first glance, are along the same train of thought. We have edit and reply options, so there is no need for a new post every time an idea pops up in somebody's head.

Maybe this post seems harsh. Maybe it is. But whether it is intentional or due to ignorance, it has to stop!
floridaZ, You are really on a roll. Did you believe for one second that you could make these kind of statements without retaliation. Who is it you think you are? My impression is you are judge, jury, and firing squad. If you want a background check, or maybe a behavior dyne, I say to you, go to hell. Is your site segregated? Then you should post, FLORIDA RESIDENTS ONLY. How ridiculous is that anyway. I was welcomed here by many of your members. Not just a few elite members like you. Now you and a few of your conspirators are on a witch hunt, ready to send a few of us down the road. I settled into this site peaceful and contented and now you have forced me to be otherwise. If you wish to continue down this road I will be happy to oblige you. If not let us agree to disagree and put this issue to bed.

One last thing. You keep referring to using PM'S for personal communication. I think that is a wonderful idea. Why don't you PM DVD and his to friends instead of dressing them down in a thread like this. Let your feelings be known by you instead of using someone else to fight your battles. I have met many people like you who are afraid to face adversity on their own. They form hate groups and use their influence to have others do their bidding.

I have not enjoyed this communication but you forced my hand. HUTCH
Harbor Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #23
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzona View Post
Heck no...I find them rather amuzing.. If anyone has a problem don't open the thread.........
Same here.
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #24
ANTBRAX

Name :
ANTBRAX has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzona View Post
Heck no...I find them rather amuzing.. If anyone has a problem don't open the thread.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
I agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe View Post
Likewise!!

Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou G View Post
Same here.
Its nice to see that not everyone on this site is an elitist A-hole...thanks for the support guys. I came over here for the pure enjoyment of a certain members posts/threads/comments and his sense of humor. Sure he can be a bit distracting at times, but, isnt that what this whole experience should be about? A distraction? When I want drama, I just turn to the real world and all the challenges associated with everyday existance.
ANTBRAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #25
Dick
My two boo's \/

Name :
Dick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Master View Post
floridaZ, You are really on a roll. Did you believe for one second that you could make these kind of statements without retaliation. Who is it you think you are? My impression is you are judge, jury, and firing squad. If you want a background check, or maybe a behavior dyne, I say to you, go to hell. Is your site segregated? Then you should post, FLORIDA RESIDENTS ONLY. How ridiculous is that anyway. I was welcomed here by many of your members. Not just a few elite members like you. Now you and a few of your conspirators are on a witch hunt, ready to send a few of us down the road. I settled into this site peaceful and contented and now you have forced me to be otherwise. If you wish to continue down this road I will be happy to oblige you. If not let us agree to disagree and put this issue to bed.

One last thing. You keep referring to using PM'S for personal communication. I think that is a wonderful idea. Why don't you PM DVD and his to friends instead of dressing them down in a thread like this. Let your feelings be known by you instead of using someone else to fight your battles. I have met many people like you who are afraid to face adversity on their own. They form hate groups and use their influence to have others do their bidding.

Forced your hand? Give me a break. I really think you read that post the wrong way. No one said anything about this site needing to be for Florida residents only. He clearly states that in the post.

And no one else is fighting anyones battles. Hell there is no battle to be fighting. Since when did bringing up a valid complaint be a crime? Stuff like this doesnt need to be in PM's but rather open to the public so it can be moderated apropriately(sp?).
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 11:08 PM   #26
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

That's right Dick... you used to be a Z guy. So you are acquainted with our buddy Paul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Master
floridaZ, You are really on a roll. Did you believe for one second that you could make these kind of statements without retaliation. Who is it you think you are? My impression is you are judge, jury, and firing squad. If you want a background check, or maybe a behavior dyne, I say to you, go to hell.
To tell the truth, I think it would be just oodles of fun to be judge, jury, and executioner of anything. I definitely could make the world a much better place... for me at least. But since this happy little fantasy isn't reality, I don't try to act like it is true. I don't see what about my thread is especially offensive, in all of my posts I am either joking or being an asshole. I'm an extremely cynical person, why should I get all touchy feely over one thread?

And thank you for your concern, we have already confirmed that I am going to hell in another thread.

Quote:
Is your site segregated? Then you should post, FLORIDA RESIDENTS ONLY. How ridiculous is that anyway. I was welcomed here by many of your members. Not just a few elite members like you. Now you and a few of your conspirators are on a witch hunt, ready to send a few of us down the road. I settled into this site peaceful and contented and now you have forced me to be otherwise. If you wish to continue down this road I will be happy to oblige you. If not let us agree to disagree and put this issue to bed.
First... I'm not an elitist. Well, I do find myself less annoying than everyone else, but that's beside the point. I haven't been here near long enough to have adapted any elitist principals/ideals, and I don't have the energy to be an effective elitist prick. I have the time to be one, but I usually spend that doing something a little more constructive.

Witch hunting... I haven't tied anybody up and thrown them in a lake (from this site at least) so I object to your accusation. But as for segregation... this is Corvette Florida. One should be able to surmise that the purpose of the site is mainly for Florida Vette owners. I happen to be a moderator for a few Florida Z clubs, and if on those sites somebody from out of state signs up they are welcome in my eyes. But if they started spamming or causing trouble, I would step in by issuing warnings, deleting posts/threads, and possibly temporarily banning the problem member. I'm lucky that I have yet to have any need to do any of the above.

Now I also need to mention that this isn't my site. I have no authority here, and have never pretended that it is any different. What I was doing is voicing a complaint about the the conduct of a few other members. I wasn't trying to send anybody "down the road" at all. But when I go out of my way to try and make my posts grammatically correct with proper structuring and a somewhat sane grouping of ideas, I do find it agitating when there is something that I see as blatant disregard of any attempt to return the favor. If you can't spell or capitalize, at least try not to put a billion exclamation points and randomly type out your thoughts. Or at least put something along the same storyline, for lack of a better word, in the same thread (DVD's girl threads, for example).

And since I see no issue with what I posted, I will stand behind it.

Quote:
One last thing. You keep referring to using PM'S for personal communication. I think that is a wonderful idea. Why don't you PM DVD and his to friends instead of dressing them down in a thread like this. Let your feelings be known by you instead of using someone else to fight your battles.
This argument would be a lot better if this wasn't my second post to the thread. You are taking everything you find offensive in this thread and attributing it to me. Which is fine with me if that's how you want to be, I don't mind being the bad guy.

As for PMs... I tend to shy away from PMs unless:
1) I know/communicate with the person pretty regularly
2) I am buying/selling something
3) Responding in the thread would lead an otherwise good thread off course
In this case, I was actually considering PMing DVD about it, but this thread popped up first. So I "let my feelings be known" here instead of a PM. I don't "use other people to fight my battles", but trust me that if I get pissed an open forum is better for the pisser than PMs since a moderator can come along and stop me.

Quote:
I have met many people like you who are afraid to face adversity on their own. They form hate groups and use their influence to have others do their bidding.

If that was true, I'd be the type of guy to take a car to a mechanic instead of working on it myself. I happen to be a happy little grease monkey. So if I wanted to spread hate I would do it all by my lonesome since it's more fun that way. I have no hate for anyone on this forum to dole out yet, a slight annoyance isn't enough for me to go off.

Now... as for those who have been complained against... if you are honestly ignorant to how to use a forum so that others can understand you, or are having trouble using the forum in any way, I will be glad to help in any way that I can. And I will help as long as you are willing to learn or at least attempt to improve.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 02:45 AM   #27
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation
Default PM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Rick View Post
You two should get together and send dvdcta & associates a pm
My! answer is in "WHOA"!.........& it's not crap so read it!!!!!.........The PHANTOM!!!
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 03:14 AM   #28
dvdcta

Name :
Default PM"S

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaZ View Post
That's right Dick... you used to be a Z guy. So you are acquainted with our buddy Paul.

To tell the truth, I think it would be just oodles of fun to be judge, jury, and executioner of anything. I definitely could make the world a much better place... for me at least. But since this happy little fantasy isn't reality, I don't try to act like it is true. I don't see what about my thread is especially offensive, in all of my posts I am either joking or being an asshole. I'm an extremely cynical person, why should I get all touchy feely over one thread?

And thank you for your concern, we have already confirmed that I am going to hell in another thread.

First... I'm not an elitist. Well, I do find myself less annoying than everyone else, but that's beside the point. I haven't been here near long enough to have adapted any elitist principals/ideals, and I don't have the energy to be an effective elitist prick. I have the time to be one, but I usually spend that doing something a little more constructive.

Witch hunting... I haven't tied anybody up and thrown them in a lake (from this site at least) so I object to your accusation. But as for segregation... this is Corvette Florida. One should be able to surmise that the purpose of the site is mainly for Florida Vette owners. I happen to be a moderator for a few Florida Z clubs, and if on those sites somebody from out of state signs up they are welcome in my eyes. But if they started spamming or causing trouble, I would step in by issuing warnings, deleting posts/threads, and possibly temporarily banning the problem member. I'm lucky that I have yet to have any need to do any of the above.

Now I also need to mention that this isn't my site. I have no authority here, and have never pretended that it is any different. What I was doing is voicing a complaint about the the conduct of a few other members. I wasn't trying to send anybody "down the road" at all. But when I go out of my way to try and make my posts grammatically correct with proper structuring and a somewhat sane grouping of ideas, I do find it agitating when there is something that I see as blatant disregard of any attempt to return the favor. If you can't spell or capitalize, at least try not to put a billion exclamation points and randomly type out your thoughts. Or at least put something along the same storyline, for lack of a better word, in the same thread (DVD's girl threads, for example).

And since I see no issue with what I posted, I will stand behind it.

This argument would be a lot better if this wasn't my second post to the thread. You are taking everything you find offensive in this thread and attributing it to me. Which is fine with me if that's how you want to be, I don't mind being the bad guy.

As for PMs... I tend to shy away from PMs unless:
1) I know/communicate with the person pretty regularly
2) I am buying/selling something
3) Responding in the thread would lead an otherwise good thread off course
In this case, I was actually considering PMing DVD about it, but this thread popped up first. So I "let my feelings be known" here instead of a PM. I don't "use other people to fight my battles", but trust me that if I get pissed an open forum is better for the pisser than PMs since a moderator can come along and stop me.

If that was true, I'd be the type of guy to take a car to a mechanic instead of working on it myself. I happen to be a happy little grease monkey. So if I wanted to spread hate I would do it all by my lonesome since it's more fun that way. I have no hate for anyone on this forum to dole out yet, a slight annoyance isn't enough for me to go off.

Now... as for those who have been complained against... if you are honestly ignorant to how to use a forum so that others can understand you, or are having trouble using the forum in any way, I will be glad to help in any way that I can. And I will help as long as you are willing to learn or at least attempt to improve.
LOOK! @ "WHOA"! Then tell me what, You think????.....I am a vette owner!!!!! & I'M not ignorant!!!....And, I do work on mine also!....I was a wrench once!!...The PHANTOM!!!!!.....& I know how to spell. So lighten up...up!! Just to keep everyone in the loop!......A wrench, is a mechanic!!!!....For all that don't know!.... DOES THAT EXPLANE IT????
Unread 11-23-2008, 03:38 AM   #29
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

It's not meant to be an attack on you, I'm just saying it how I see it. It's difficult to read what you write man...
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 04:09 AM   #30
dvdcta

Name :
Default PM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
No one asked you to ban anyone Rich. 80% of his threads leave you with a wtf . Hes made more spam then true contribution imo, weve all asked for better grammar or more senseful post thats all. Thought Obama said wed see change?!?!

Edit, and in response to your post of him having someone who can help him..these post do have a spell check button not far from submit.
Go to "WHOA". In ray's & maybe you'll find the answer to all!!!!....& you have to give the black guy, a chance before you hang him???.......How's that LS2POWA?????? Tell me what you think???? Your vette "PHANTOM" & You know how to get in contact with me???