The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 12-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #31
Harbor Master

Name :
Harbor Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou G View Post
You are absolutely correct.

GM said they are selling two of its jets, well, sell all three and travel like us. And I don't mean first class.

No more company vehicles. Let them buy cars out of their pocket (and no employee discount).

No bonus or stock options unless the company makes money and builds its capital.

At company meetings let them buy their own coffee, lunch and/or dinner out of their pockets not as a company expense.

Same with phones/blackberry/laptops, not a company expense. Pay out of their pocket.

Reduce marketing expense by a large percent.

Combine/reduce management structure.

Get ride of all the nice to have and only keep the must have.

Let me see their expense budget and I'll come up with more cuts.

You are the man Lou G! I truly mean that in a complimentary way. All your bullets hit the bulls-eye on the GM target. Until they get lean and mean stay in Detroit and out of Washington.-------HUTCH
Harbor Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #32
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation
Default GM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdcta View Post
HUTCH! are you driving the TRAIN???.........SWAMP RAT!.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou G View Post
You are absolutely correct.

GM said they are selling two of its jets, well, sell all three and travel like us. And I don't mean first class.

No more company vehicles. Let them buy cars out of their pocket (and no employee discount).

No bonus or stock options unless the company makes money and builds its capital.

At company meetings let them buy their own coffee, lunch and/or dinner out of their pockets not as a company expense.

Same with phones/blackberry/laptops, not a company expense. Pay out of their pocket.

Reduce marketing expense by a large percent.

Combine/reduce management structure.

Get ride of all the nice to have and only keep the must have.

Let me see their expense budget and I'll come up with more cuts.
I! AGREE ON THAT!!!!...........SWAMP RAT......
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #33
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default I've been in both industries...

auto and aviation...and have been in the membership of the AFL-CIO and IAW...that l can, and will, speak with experience when I say...that no one will ever justify to me, given similiar education and work experience of both an auto technician on the line and aviation technician on the line...that the auto tech earns more getting sheetmetal on the lot than the aviation tech getting sheetmetal in the air.

Simply put, given the exact parameters, how does a guy building a car in Detroit earn more per hour than a guy building an aircraft in Seattle (less demographic cost)??

Somehow that staggers the imagination!!

There is a direct corelation to the earnings of close to $60 p/hour and the failing Detroit auto industry. When close to 20% of the cost of an automobile can be directly associated to the benefit packages generously given Detroit unions, you can see why there is failure upon the horizon. Best thing for the Big 3 is to declare bankruptcy and reorganize without the load of suffocating union wages and unsustainable benefit packages hovering over their heads of management. At the same time they reorganize, fire management for simply not 'managing'....allowing all this to bear down on them.

Shame on Detroit for misusing our trust, time, and faith, in what I thought to be a stellar industry!!

Just my .02 worth of ranting.
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote