The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 10-31-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Owned!!!

Just dropped my son off at his work place, and on the way home I innocently (no, seriously) pulled up behind this Pontiac Firebird doing about 55mph.
He was looking in his mirrors checking me out, then his friend looked over his shoulder, checking me out thru the rear glass. Here we go, I thought.
He Nailed it, i'll give him this, his exhaust sounded mean.
Anyway, I let him get a bit ahead, then decided to "catch up". and did so rather quickly .
We slowed down and as luck would have it , turned down the same road.
Again, he hits it, smiling in the mirror at me, I guess assuming he'd do beter the 2nd time.
Again, I did my thing, catching up to him even quicker than before.
Eventually we got to the light where I had to turn off, so I stopped along side of them. I told him his exhaust sounded mean, he replied "hell yea" I asked what he had, he then boasted that he had a lt1's??? I told him it sounded way cool, giving him a as I pulled away.

FYI.. I don't do this on a regular basis.
I guess, this time I just couldn't resist the temptation.

If this thread gets locked or whatever like in the CF, I understand.
ynkedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 05:11 PM   #2
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Nah, no locking here. Much more laid back. Nice to play in traffic once in awhile,,,, just with a little care is all. We all do it. Shoulda let him see what your taillights look like,, heheehe
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Awesome! I certainly don't do that much anymore. I finally grew up...a little!
Every once in a while you just have to though.

LT1's. Was it an older Firebird? My friends '92 had the LT1 Engine. I gotta say one thing. I always thought Mustangs and Camaro/Firebirds always sounded meaner than the Vette. They have deeper, throatier sounds. Until you get around somebody that has the C5R 427 or the SLP Loudmouth exhaust. Well maybe the B&B's too. Ah, what the hell do I know!

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Lock the thread? Why? Actually I rather enjoy reading such accounts.....
Unread 10-31-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Lock the thread? Why? Actually I rather enjoy reading such accounts.....
I wasn't 100% sure about the rules or guidlines of this forum, Regarding this type of post.

Anyhow, they locked the thread shortly thereafter.
My post was in a question form.. About a guy in a caddy claiming to have like 470 stock hp, and how the guy was egging me on. I didn't want to be stupid that night (I had a few beers). He then punched it and was all over the road, acting the fool.
Someone later told me, the reason it was locked was due to some of the words I used in the post.
Unread 10-31-2006, 07:51 PM   #6
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
I wasn't 100% sure about the rules or guidlines of this forum, Regarding this type of post.

Anyhow, they locked the thread shortly thereafter.
My post was in a question form.. About a guy in a caddy claiming to have like 470 stock hp, and how the guy was egging me on. I didn't want to be stupid that night (I had a few beers). He then punched it and was all over the road, acting the fool.
Someone later told me, the reason it was locked was due to some of the words I used in the post.
"They", meaning who? Your statement makes it sound like a thread on this site was locked, which I do not believe is the case at all. I just don't want any misunderstandings to take place here......

With that in mind, I do not condone nor encourage anyone to race on the street. Although I personally happen to like reading about such personal exploits, I really do not wish to read about someone getting arrested, injured, or killed during any such ad hoc events. As long as you understand the risks, then no one can lead your life but you. So if you wish to post about such things, then I don't have a problem by not disallowing it on this site.
Unread 10-31-2006, 09:08 PM   #7
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
"They", meaning who? Your statement makes it sound like a thread on this site was locked, which I do not believe is the case at all. I just don't want any misunderstandings to take place here......

With that in mind, I do not condone nor encourage anyone to race on the street. Although I personally happen to like reading about such personal exploits, I really do not wish to read about someone getting arrested, injured, or killed during any such ad hoc events. As long as you understand the risks, then no one can lead your life but you. So if you wish to post about such things, then I don't have a problem by not disallowing it on this site.
Rich, I didn't get that impression at all. Sounds like it was locked on Corvette Forum...which I don't doubt.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 09:30 PM   #8
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
Default Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I had referred to the "CF" in my first post and just didn't think I needed to do it again, so I referred to them as "they".
I Didn't want to sound like I was bashing ayone (like the CF). simply because i'm sure there are people here that are loyal to them, and wouldn't appreciate it.

This forum has been great!
Unread 10-31-2006, 09:49 PM   #9
Rich Z

Understood, and thanks for the clarification. I just didn't want someone reading this thread to think I had locked your thread somewhere... It's VERY easy for misunderstandings to crop up on the net.

Personally I spend a lot of time on CorvetteForum as well, and would not appreciate anyone bashing them here. Each site has it's own rules, and they were likely made in response to abuses or pressures that forced their hand. Sometimes moderators or admins may overdo things, or the rules just seem nonsensical at times, but regardless, I don't think it appropriate to overly dwell on such things on another website. At least not this one, if you don't mind.

Just about anything can be discussed here, within reason, just please don't get ME in dutch because of it.....
Unread 10-31-2006, 10:09 PM   #10
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
Default No problem

I figured, I wouldn't appreciate it if I were on another forum, where they bashed this one.
Do unto others....

TTYL