The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 08-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #61
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Raining again. Heck, I can almost remember the good old days when this used to seem like "sunny" Florida.
Not sure if you understand how our summer time pattern works as you live way up in the Panhandle and have a total diff pattern than we do way to the south. I was born in Tampa in 1963 and moved to the west coast of Pasco county in 04. I have always been a weather nut since i liked astronomy and offshore fishing.

Back in the 70's we had a southeast windflow during the summer that would bring us T - storms from the southeast and move toward the gulf every afternoon like clock work in the summer. Then over the last 30 years we have had what i call a reverse west windflow. Since i am right on the gulf with the west wind pattern showers die off just off the coast and then rebuild inland 2 to 12 miles and move away from my house toward the east cost. So my area gets missed most of the summer anytime we are stuck in a west wind flow.

When high pressure is north of the Tampa area we get a southeast windlfow and when the high is pushed south of the Tampa area we get a reverse west windflow. We have not had a normal summer time pattern in years.

Our winters have also warmed up so much so something has really changed our weather both summer and winter..
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2017, 04:05 PM   #62
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I have heard the same thing from long time locals here. In the summer months, every afternoon between 3 and 4 pm, you could expect a thunderstorm. Then that went away. Some are thinking it might be returning, as lately our summers have gotten to be pretty wet. Spring is normally the dry season here, it seems, which likely is what got a lot of farmers to give up on this area years ago.

Sun has popped out for a bit today. Looks too bright outside now. Not used to the bright light, I guess. But our road is a real mess. Not sure when I'll be able to take either of the vettes out for a ride. Had to scrape the mud off of the Jeep after running to do some errands earlier.
Unread 08-08-2017, 03:40 PM   #63
Rich Z

Well I did get to see the sun this morning, but it didn't hold long. Afternoon rolls in, and along with that, the thunderstorms. It's getting tough to keep sunflower seeds in the bird feeders, because the seeds start sprouting from being wet.

But I did drive the C5Z a little bit. By that I mean a VERY little bit. Wanted to move it out of the lift bay into the other one vacated when Connie left yesterday to visit with her family a while. So I got to drive it out of the garage, and then back in again. All before it started to rain, of course.

Yahoooo.....
Unread 08-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #64
Rich Z

Was nice an sunny again this morning, so I decided to run out to the post office. Well, it was raining pretty good at the post office. So I picked up the mail, then headed back home, stopping in at Walmart first. When I came out, the skies were dark and thunder was rumbling. I barely made it back home before the clouds burst open. I could see a small lake forming under my carport.

Guess I had better check out temporary pond again to see if I need to toss some more mosquito dunks in the water.

I took Connie's truck to the post office, and although there wasn't any standing water, that dirt road was bump as hell. I'm sure now it is quite the mess, though. No Corvette rides for me any time soon.
Unread 08-09-2017, 05:01 PM   #65
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

We got lucky Mon nite around 1030pm and got over a 1". But nothing since. Rains all around me day after day and nothing.
Unread 08-12-2017, 06:02 PM   #66
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Had 2.6" this morning.
Unread 08-15-2017, 01:41 PM   #67
Rich Z

Well, I think we have had only three days this month when it DIDN'T rain. Raining right now, too. I haven't had either of the vettes out for months now.

Honestly this is beginning to get REAL old.
Unread 08-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #68
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Welcome to Florida, the sunshine state!
Unread 08-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #69
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, I think we have had only three days this month when it DIDN'T rain. Raining right now, too. I haven't had either of the vettes out for months now.

Honestly this is beginning to get REAL old.
Been dry since Sat and back in a west wind with lows around 84.
Unread 08-15-2017, 08:32 PM   #70
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Welcome to Florida, the sunshine state!
Yeah, seems to be a state of feast or famine as far as the weather is concerned. Either drought or flooding, pick one.