The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 10-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #181
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

Upon further investigation of rotating assembly in my engine by checking part numbers and talking with venders the parts are correct for what I paid for. Will go and have a talk with the shop where my car is at tomorrow. Maybe I'll just give up on getting it fixed to drive and part it out. Starting to get a bad taste in my mouth about driving that car when it's done.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #182
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
Upon further investigation of rotating assembly in my engine by checking part numbers and talking with venders the parts are correct for what I paid for. Will go and have a talk with the shop where my car is at tomorrow. Maybe I'll just give up on getting it fixed to drive and part it out. Starting to get a bad taste in my mouth about driving that car when it's done.
Yeah man.... I DO know what you mean by that.......
Unread 10-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #183
vetteguy61

I figured you would agree with me about that Rich. I just don't think I can have any fun driving it when I get it back. Too many bad memories and experiences to be able to enjoy it.
Unread 10-15-2010, 11:58 PM   #184
Rich Z

I guess that Chris is avoiding me now. I've sent him several emails asking for the tracking number of the clutch disks he said he was ordering to fix his mistake in ordering the lower powered unit and have not heard a reply. Also have not heard a peep out of him concerning the trans and diff brace that I paid for and did not receive. Also have not heard anything about the refund he said I would get from him for the transmission and differential that were not in my car as he stated.
Unread 10-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #185
Rich Z

Chris finally did reply to one of my emails this morning to tell me that the correct clutch is being shipped out today. I also got verification from the shipper as well.

Aaron told me he got tied up with some other issues and my transmission and differential won't be going out till today.

I just realized that next week my car will have been away from home for a full year.
Unread 10-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #186
Rich Z

I spoke to Aaron today, and he told me that the transmission and differential are on their way up to RPM. The clutch that Chris ordered with the heavier duty disks also showed up today.

At one point Chris offered to get the trans and differential that I had previously paid for from RPM (after I found out that they were NOT in my car and it was pulled out of his shop), but I declined because I did not want my car tied up any longer than necessary. Instead I requested a refund and I would just live with what I had in the way of stock. That was before I found out about the clutch disks being the wrong type and the differential making a clicking noise on the right side. With that in mind, I just recently sent Chris and email asking if I could take him up on his offer of those replacement units. Much better for him to pay for them rather than my digging deeper into my retirement fund while waiting for the refund from him. Of course, I will want to see the invoice directly from RPM concerning what is being done to those units.

I also brought up the issue about that missing DTE brace, because if that is going to be installed on my car, of course it needs to be at Aaron's when the transmission and differential comes back from RPM.

I'm hoping Chris will make the effort to get things square with me, but I'm certainly not holding my breath waiting for that to happen. Whatever I have to spend to make those "missing" parts match what Chris has listed on my original invoice will just be added to the financial damages his actions have inflicted on me.
Unread 10-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #187
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
At one point Chris offered to get the trans and differential that I had previously paid for from RPM (after I found out that they were NOT in my car and it was pulled out of his shop), but I declined because I did not want my car tied up any longer than necessary. Instead I requested a refund and I would just live with what I had in the way of stock. That was before I found out about the clutch disks being the wrong type and the differential making a clicking noise on the right side. With that in mind, I just recently sent Chris and email asking if I could take him up on his offer of those replacement units. Much better for him to pay for them rather than my digging deeper into my retirement fund while waiting for the refund from him. Of course, I will want to see the invoice directly from RPM concerning what is being done to those units.
Well, so much for THAT idea. RPM says that Chris Harwood has never purchased anything from them and does not have an account with them. Therefore he could not get any better price than what I can from them.

Oh well....... Guess the money comes out of my pocket while I work on getting the refunds from Chris. That credit card statement is going to be pretty ugly this month.......
Unread 10-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #188
vetteguy61

I am not surprised that RPM has never heard of Chris. I doubt that most of the companies he said he ordered from never happened.
My credit card bill is going to be a biggy too. The bill to put my car back together is $3716.00 plus close to $3000.00 in parts.I could have bought an LS6 crate motor and had a few bucks left over.
Unread 10-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #189
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
I am not surprised that RPM has never heard of Chris. I doubt that most of the companies he said he ordered from never happened.
My credit card bill is going to be a biggy too. The bill to put my car back together is $3716.00 plus close to $3000.00 in parts.I could have bought an LS6 crate motor and had a few bucks left over.
I didn't actually say that RPM had never heard of Chris Harwood. The guy I talked to HAS heard of him and knew of my situation. I was floored when the guy offered to sell me the items I wanted at dealer prices to help me out. That was VERY generous of RPM Transmissions to do that.

Hopefully Chris is making good money at that new job he says he has, because he seems to owe some people some substantial pocket change. I asked that he make even partial payments for the money he owes me, and he has not replied to that suggestion. He claimed that he needed to sell that LS6 motor of mine to come up with the other "half", and I asked him to just send that "half" he DID have to me and deal with the rest later.
Unread 10-21-2010, 10:52 PM   #190
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

RPM & Comp Cams have several times stood up and made things right for us even when some other just as big names defective products caused thousands in damage would not do a thing.

RPM has earned my respect LONG ago. Not many stand behind their name like that.

Good Luck with all.