The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 11-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #211
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

So far the parts that I was missing come to $3475.00 plus $3400 to put my car back together, $1864 for the first rebuild at LME and $538 for shipping.that comes to $9277.00
Not counting the 8 months of insurance I paid for and never had my car to drive.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #212
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I'm really surprised it's not more than that. I think he got Mike for about 2500, and I'm not sure about Liz, Dan or the others. More than that, he stole part of everyone's life. None of you will ever forget this and I don't think you'll ever be quite the same.

Have you verified that the engine has been paid for? No, I'm not kidding, I would check.
Actually it WILL be more... I already paid Aaron $1,000 for the work he has done up to a few weeks ago, and since then he has pulled the drivetrain to replace the incorrect clutch that Chris put in there, as well as shipped off my transmission and differential to RPM and then reinstalled the new ones when they came back. Plus the tuning needs to be finished up and a number of small things that Chris left unfinished, or else left in a state of disarray that the final product just needs to be cleaned up. Also, I had to pay Aaron for steel braided hose that Chris was supposed to run for the oil lines on the turbos but was not done. So yeah, here will still be more to add to that total before it is all said and done.

I'm sure the engine was paid off long ago. That was done when it was the Warhawk engine, so I seriously doubt Bryan would have built me another engine if that first one hadn't been paid off completely. I got the spec sheet directly from Bryan, so I know what was put into that engine. Of course, that engine was at Chris's shop long enough for it to be completely disassembled and put back together with inferior parts, but I just don't think that happened. Which, I guess, is based more on hope rather than any evaluation of Chris scruples based on the other stuff he pulled on me. Fortunately the block and heads themselves are unusual enough of a manufacture that a full switcheroo of them would have been quite difficult for Harwood to pull off. But then again, he apparently DID think that I was so stupid that I couldn't tell a spray painted turbo from a ceramic coated one. So really, who knows what might have gone through his mind to try to do?
Unread 11-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #213
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
So far the parts that I was missing come to $3475.00 plus $3400 to put my car back together, $1864 for the first rebuild at LME and $538 for shipping.that comes to $9277.00
Not counting the 8 months of insurance I paid for and never had my car to drive.
Looks like you and Rich are going to be close in the money dept. I hope the state understands that you had a warranty on the first engine and shouldn't have had to pay.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #214
vetteguy61

Chris said since the machine shop was at fault there was no warranty by him to get the motor rebalanced. That was not told to me until I tried to get my money back on the rebalance from LME.
Unread 11-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #215
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Chris said since the machine shop was at fault there was no warranty by him to get the motor rebalanced. That was not told to me until I tried to get my money back on the rebalance from LME.
That guy is so full of crap it's coming out of his ears. Wouldn't it be a great Christmas present if he was in jail and you had your car.
Unread 11-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #216
Rich Z

Quote:
If you never received an invoice from the machine shop that supposedly did the work, I would strongly suspect that the work you paid for was never actually done. Even if Chris has provided an invoice to you, please keep my experience in mind where he obviously forged such a document for work he claimed was done on my car.

If you know which machine shop Chris claims did the work, I would go directly to them to get proof that the work was done, or evidence of his defrauding you, whichever way the FACTS pan out.
Unread 11-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #217
Bob K
Deceased

Do you guys keep turning in the new stuff to Pagano as you think about it? Maybe that's one reason he is still investigating. If Harwood never did the work for Mike I think that would be a huge and Pagano should be notified right away. Man, it just keeps adding up.
Unread 11-17-2010, 09:13 PM   #218
vetteguy61

Neil Connell was the one who did the first balance job on my motor.Maybe I need to get in touch with him and see if he did the work the first time.
Unread 11-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #219
Bob K
Deceased

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't do it Mike. Maybe he never heard of you. I've never seen an engine come un-balanced. I think we've talked about this before but I can't remember the facts.
Unread 11-17-2010, 10:41 PM   #220
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Do you guys keep turning in the new stuff to Pagano as you think about it? Maybe that's one reason he is still investigating. If Harwood never did the work for Mike I think that would be a huge and Pagano should be notified right away. Man, it just keeps adding up.
My guess is that the more people they interview, the more names that crop up that leads to more interviews. I'm sure that by now they are interviewing people even we know nothing about. It's not like Chris would have told any of us about others he has similar dealings with.

BTW, if anyone needs to be able to reference the case for another investigating agency, the case name is "Sports Car Technologies" and the case number is "1009-35372".