The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 05-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #11
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I won't get it to this in depth.But I was no much better and given up to be raised by a real great couple on a farm.I inherited a brother who was blind and two patient loving roll models.Both served by example and I can't ever remember being severely punished.
I'm not saying every kid can be saved ,but I wouldn't give up on all of them.I realize it's a different world than it was in the 50's but I have mentored a few kids that turned out OK.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 06:58 AM   #12
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I don't have a problem with retroactive abortions...........
fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 08:30 AM   #13
blacksharkL82

Name :
blacksharkL82 has disabled reputation
Default The little bastard!

No father?
Why?
I lived in WPB. Remember the little 12 year old, that killed his teacher in a Lake worth HS? ( shot him because he was told to leave the class )
Bad water? No! Bad parents? No. Foot in the ass, needed a long time ago!
Why are parents, afraid to direct their kids in the right direction? Child welfare!
If you align them, they call the cops! The door to jail, is a short walk. Put them there!
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:39 PM   #14
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksharkL82 View Post
No father?
Why?
I lived in WPB. Remember the little 12 year old, that killed his teacher in a Lake worth HS? ( shot him because he was told to leave the class )
Bad water? No! Bad parents? No. Foot in the ass, needed a long time ago!
Why are parents, afraid to direct their kids in the right direction? Child welfare!
If you align them, they call the cops! The door to jail, is a short walk. Put them there!
The latter is true.......p@ssy a$s parents. Timeouts don't work. Foot-to-a$s and psycological torture do. I don't fear my dad anymore but I still damn well better respect him. But up until the point I left home, I still feared him. Even though I had been a student of Isshinryu and a teacher of Escrima, I still knew better. That's respect. These little punks nowadays have no respect.

It's another generation of babies born from babies and in many cases it's babies who had babies who have babies. That's total social decline. And considering that judges in California overturned the will of the people and if it's not appealed, well friends.....consider it the beginning of the end of our country. Remember the day 5/15/08......the day the U.S. officially became part of Europe!!!!!!!

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2008, 12:43 AM   #15
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah... My dad was a semi-pro boxer. And as he once told me, "Son, yes, you may be able to take me some day, but you'll NEVER be able to sleep soundly again under the same roof as me...." Gulp!
Unread 05-20-2008, 06:55 AM   #16
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Growing up I never "feared" my parents, either of them. I "respected" them for what they were...my parents.

I wanted thier love, thier trust and thier admiration, and knowing I did something that might change that trust or admiration, wounded me much more than any physical punishment they could dish out. That said, neither of my parents were opposed to whipping my arse if I got out of line.

When/if I did something to embarras them or make them ashamed of my actions, the corporal punishment was considerably less than the mental anguish I went through knowing how they felt.

They never went over the edge.They did what they felt they had to do and no more.

They never struck above the waist (unless I ducked) and never with anything that was going to do permanent damage. Tghier punishment was always tempered with love and compassion. I know it sounds crazy, but you knew it then as I knew it now

I don't believe in nor do I agree with either physical or mental torture.

Corporal punishment however, metered out in the proper doses, in the proper fashion and to the proper location, is with me.

All this namsy pamsy, I'm gonna call HRS (children & family services or what the hell ever they call themselves this month!), you can't spank you child (which BTW-is a fallacy), BS is for the birds!!

Here's a quarter. Now this is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you...

BTW, I too was adopted and know the true value of loving parents.

I was raised in a lower/middle class area in eastern Hillsborough County. Both of my parents worked to support the household as did I from the time I was about 14 (officially).

As GURO mentioned, I too have been involved either training, fighting or teaching the martial arts and self defense since I was about 19 (I'm 51 now-you do the fn math) and although I could physically have ripped my dad apart any time over the last 25-30 years in a fight, I NEVER gave him flak or grief when he said something, I listened and understood. And I still went to him occassionally for wisdom and guidance. As one comedian once said, you don't get old being stupid!

This IMO is what's lacking in our society today. Honor, respect, dignity.

My father was a former Golden Gloves boxer and taught me a lot about boxing as a youth. He also taught me a LOT about being a good person. Never start a fight, but don't be afraid to end one.

They taught me right from wrong and instilled in me those charachteristice which prevented me from ending up as the vast majority of my associates...dead or in jail. All but 3 from my youth that I associated with regularly (in the neighborhood) are in that boat.

I became a cop...

Mom died proud as she could be of my chosen profession.

Dad lived with me unitl he passed away at age 93 just a few short years ago.

To the day he died, I never lost respect for him...life as it should be...

The rest as they say...is history....

Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2008, 11:27 AM   #17
Mekanic
Injector Guy

Name :
Mekanic is on a distinguished road

Sounds exactly like my upbringing Gordon, well said.
Unread 05-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #18
VetteAid
Bowtie Dealer

Name :
VetteAid has disabled reputation

Well said Gordon. I remember my father teaching my brother (6'4" at the time) to "fly" once when he disrespected him. It didn't happen again and I never did. As a father of two, I give thanks to GOD my kids haven't been influenced by the increasing disrespect found in every community today. It starts it home. Parents should be held responsible for their childrens actions. S*#t in, S*#t out I say.
VetteAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #19
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

Gordon, your wisdom far exceeds your age.
Hope we can meet one day so I can buy you a beer, or two.
Lou
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2008, 06:03 PM   #20
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
This is one of those "born bad" types and he's not going to change

This was kinda funny though:

Note to self...never deny a little brother his chicken wings!
Note to self....Steer clear of the Deli counter at Wal-Mart....
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote