The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories Sales | Wanteds | Sources | Advice For Buying or Selling

Unread 07-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Price on 1990 C4?

My wife is kind of interested in getting a Corvette herself, so I've been looking around here and there and found a white 1990 C4 with an auto trans that she might like. What would be a good price for something like this? Bad idea to buy a vette that is 16 years old? Known problems to look for if I were to eyeball it in person?

I saw a C3 sitting on a lot locally as well, but since it is BRIGHT ORANGE in color, there is no way I could get her interested in that one!

I think she is going to want me to get rid of my Jeep Wrangler though. Then we have to figure out which two vehicles get the privilege of living under the 2 car carport. The other two will have to sleep under the stars.
Unread 07-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Just my
Nothing against a '90 but if you're looking at a C4 why not look at a '92 or newer? In '92 the LT1 came out with more horsepower and there were interior and exterior changes that lasted through '96. I bought my '92 new and kept it until I sold it for my '04. 156K miles. I really loved that car, still miss it.
Unread 07-10-2006, 11:39 PM   #3
Rich Z

Well mainly because the '90 is here locally, available now, and asking price is $7,700. The wife isn't really interested in more horsepower. And honestly she may not even like the C4 when she drives it. From what I understand it is quite different from a C5.

Heck it may be a dumb idea completely because I'm just not interested in doing too much in the way of auto mechanics stuff myself any more, and it may just be tough to get work done on a car that old.

But we may just go take a look at it one day this week to see how it looks anyway. Supposed to have been garaged all it's life. But still, things just go bad with age in automobiles.
Unread 07-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #4
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

That's a pretty fair asking price Rich, and maybe you could do a little better after talking to the owner. I drove an 88 for about two years and loved it. It was a new car then and in 1988 it was as hot as any USA made car out there. If it's a cream puff, the owner will dicker a little, and your wife likes it, I'd say go for it. If the milage is right and it's been babied, she'll get good service..... Tom

PS: If I bought a C4 today, it'd be a 96, but then I'd be looking at $15,000+-. No mixed signals here, all of them are great cars, but newer is always better.
Unread 07-11-2006, 02:26 AM   #5
Rich Z

Yeah, I hear that. But once I start looking at it that way, then inevitably I would wind up looking at a 2006, getting there one small step at a time.
Unread 07-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #6
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile
PS: If I bought a C4 today, it'd be a 96, but then I'd be looking at $15,000+-. No mixed signals here, all of them are great cars, but newer is always better.
Same here...with the LT4.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #7
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
Same here...with the LT4.
Now, that would be my choice also!
Unread 08-16-2006, 10:57 PM   #8
Rich Z

Well the '90 fell through. Saw an ad for a '96 but the wife didn't like the interior color (white with gray interior). There is another one locally that is silver (not sure of the interior) that we may take a look at if it is still available next week. Got a trip this weekend, so that has priority.

Of course, Connie (my wife) has never even driven a C4 (neither have I, as a matter of fact), so I'm not even sure she will like it. I know she likes the C5, but I understand the two models are somewhat different animals....

So how do you tell if the engine is an LT1 or an LT4 at a glance? And what perzactly is the difference, technically?
Unread 08-17-2006, 12:04 AM   #9
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

If I remember correctly the intake across the top of the motor on a LT1 is black, and on an LT4 its red. This is the intake itself, not just fuel rail covers. About 30 hp is the biggest difference. Similiar to an LS1 vs LS6 comparo.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 01:42 AM   #10
Rich Z

Are there any external signs on the vehicle, similar to the Z06 badge on the C5 model?

The ad says "Collector's Edition", whatever that means.....