The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 08-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #31
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I have complete confidence in Chris, just as I would have had with everyone else that I approached about this engine build for me. Which quite frankly was a VERY short list. Had I not, I wouldn't have asked them. When I weighed all factors I considered, Xtreme Motorsports was just the most logical choice for me.

And as mentioned, Chris has done some work for me, and quite honestly, Chris has always treated me like a friend he was helping out, even finding things that needed to be done and doing them at no extra charge, not just some customer paying time and materials.

I have absolutely no doubts at all that I will be pleased as punch with what Chris does with this build for me. The guy takes the quality of his work personally, and is committed to do the best he possibly can for everyone who wants his help. Seriously, isn't that the kind of guy you would want to be working on YOUR baby?
Unread 08-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #32
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
Xtreme is MORE than capable on this build and any advice from an idiot hack like you is an insult to them.
Glad to see you continully show your lack of class Tracy. One would hope with age you might improve. But some things just never change.

But hey you're always worth a good laugh anyway.

On a side note, pretty funny that a lot of the advice I passed along to Rich in my post came straight from Steve Leonard, Tracy I'll be sure to convey to him what you thought of his hack advice. LAMO
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #33
Bradzvette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME View Post
Thanks Rev! Dang it feels nice to have someone have our back every now and then..

We are DEF not most shops and we def dont "skip" steps when it comes to ANYTHING we do !!

Rich has had work done by us before, nothing this major before but still work

and I am sure if he thought we would shortcut anything he wouldnt have

even considered us.

I dont want to start a big uproar or argument I am just hoping you didnt

mean what you said to come out as it was read cause

that wasnt nice.
You seem intent on taking something personal where there was no intention.

My post was in response to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post

Can anyone else think of anything I should consider?
and I offered my HACK suggestions, LOL. No intention was meant to be negative towards you.

I dont know your shop nor you. I did not reference you or your shop in anyway nor meant anything negative in that regard. Quite honestly I am perplexed as to how or what you have taken offense to?

If I came to your shop for a clutch install I would be asking you if you were planning on checking the air gap on my install and would have made the same statement I did in the post to you in person. And after the install I would have asked you what the exact measurement was. This is a problem????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@TheCorvetteShow View Post

Make sure the air gap is set on the clutch installation. Many shops skip this important step because it is a time consuming extra process.
Just seems a little touchy. I'm sorry you took offense where none was intended. I honestly thought according to what Rich posted in his annoucement,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
OK, after talking with a few potential candidates to build this 427 motor for me, along with a bunch of other drivetrain upgrades, here's what I am going to get:...
that these were his plans and he came to them on his own, had I had an inkling he was given this info from a shop I would not have posted at all. I merely offered advice to Rich as I had been following this thread.

Sincerely, congratulations on the getting the job, I'm quite sure Rich made the right decision.

I wish you continued success and look forward to seeing the finished product, I'm sure it will be top notch. And I 'm sorry you were offended, was not the intention.

Take care
Unread 08-13-2009, 07:37 AM   #34
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Thanks !! I was hoping I was reading too much into it. With us not knowing anything about each other I was confused. The list was the list we gave Rich and I guess thats what got confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@TheCorvetteShow View Post
You seem intent on taking something personal where there was no intention.

My post was in response to this:

and I offered my HACK suggestions, LOL. No intention was meant to be negative towards you.

I dont know your shop nor you. I did not reference you or your shop in anyway nor meant anything negative in that regard. Quite honestly I am perplexed as to how or what you have taken offense to?

If I came to your shop for a clutch install I would be asking you if you were planning on checking the air gap on my install and would have made the same statement I did in the post to you in person. And after the install I would have asked you what the exact measurement was. This is a problem????

Just seems a little touchy. I'm sorry you took offense where none was intended. I honestly thought according to what Rich posted in his annoucement,

that these were his plans and he came to them on his own, had I had an inkling he was given this info from a shop I would not have posted at all. I merely offered advice to Rich as I had been following this thread.

Sincerely, congratulations on the getting the job, I'm quite sure Rich made the right decision.

I wish you continued success and look forward to seeing the finished product, I'm sure it will be top notch. And I 'm sorry you were offended, was not the intention.

Take care
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #35
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

Rich, Mrs Xtreme, when is be build scheduled to start?
Take lots of pictures. Maybe one of the Vette Magazines might be interested to follow the progress. Lou
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #36
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou G View Post
Rich, Mrs Xtreme, when is be build scheduled to start?
Take lots of pictures. Maybe one of the Vette Magazines might be interested to follow the progress. Lou
We hope to begin within the next week or so. With a completed engine and ready to go car by mid October if everything goes as planned

As far as an article...that would be cool. We are doing like 3 articles at once as we speak so a 4th wouldnt hurt us just depends on what kind of articles are already out there with 427 builds.....
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #37
Rich Z

Brad, I can see where some misunderstandings might have taken place here. Thank you for looking out for me and trying to help me in my decisions with this build...
Unread 08-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #38
Bradzvette

Name :

Anytime brother.
Unread 08-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #39
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Rich,

With all the HP this motor is going to put out and with the TT setup, will you have enough meat on the rear tires to get this thing to hook up? Are you going to consider some sort of fender flairs or wide body modification on the rear to get more of a tire patch on the ground?

Good luck with the project! And get the bigger brakes, your going to need them even if you think you won't use them!

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #40
Rich Z

Actually, I'm thinking I will need wings on the car before I will need brakes. Maybe have some way to redirect the exhaust AND split off the turbo boost to rocket propel the car when launched.

Anyway, Chris and Keli have the check so they can start ordering everything for the build. Guess that will wait for them to get back from their race in Savannah this weekend.

I'm hoping this will all be done in time for the St. Augustine excursion in October. Otherwise I'm going to have to try to talk Connie into taking her car there for that trip.