The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 06-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Curacao
Island in the Caribbean.

Name : Timothy Halley
Curacao is on a distinguished road
Default Concerns over Clayton County Sheriff Department's Corvette

Video: Clayton County Sheriff Departments Corvette

-----
Curacao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

I like that idea.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

What a bunch of BS..... Yeah, right. It will influence young minds alright. They'll be thinking "Hot damn! Dealing drugs can get me enough money to buy a car like THAT?"

And that's what society REALLY needs. Mercenary cops with incentive to bust people (for ANY reason) driving hot cars so THEY can get the cars confiscated for the department to drive around.
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Cor66Vette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
What a bunch of BS..... Yeah, right. It will influence young minds alright. They'll be thinking "Hot damn! Dealing drugs can get me enough money to buy a car like THAT?"
Do you really feel that this will be the first time young minds think drug dealing is a money maker? I don't think a Vette that was confiscated in a drug bust being displayed at the Sheriff office will make any young mind change from good to bad.

Quote:
And that's what society REALLY needs. Mercenary cops with incentive to bust people (for ANY reason) driving hot cars so THEY can get the cars confiscated for the department to drive around.
Property being confiscated from criminals- homes, boats, cars, etc., whether they be income tax evaders, drug dealers and the like is not a new concept. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the property can get confiscated "(for ANY reason)" as you suggest. Numerous websites and publications have been available for years where this stuff is up for sale. And if I'm not mistaken the video said that the car would eventually be sold to finance the PD fleet and not "for the department to drive around".
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRestoredRoadster View Post
Do you really feel that this will be the first time young minds think drug dealing is a money maker? I don't think a Vette that was confiscated in a drug bust being displayed at the Sheriff office will make any young mind change from good to bad.
Do you really think the FIRST thing kids are going to do is to READ that little comment on the back of that car? And no, you are right, I guess anyone thinking about going onto dealing drugs would do so only a a public service and money wouldn't enter into the equation at all.

Quote:
Property being confiscated from criminals- homes, boats, cars, etc., whether they be income tax evaders, drug dealers and the like is not a new concept. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the property can get confiscated "(for ANY reason)" as you suggest. Numerous websites and publications have been available for years where this stuff is up for sale. And if I'm not mistaken the video said that the car would eventually be sold to finance the PD fleet and not "for the department to drive around".
No, it's not a new concept at all.

http://www.ndsn.org/FEB97/LOUSIANA.html

Obviously it's a lucrative pursuit for law enforcement on many levels, so yeah, I guess it would be foolish to presume that it could be abused...
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
Cor66Vette

Name :

Usually a confrontation and rarely a conversation.
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
Rich Z

Quote:
So it's either your opinion rules or you take your ball and bat and go home, eh?

Whatever.....
Unread 07-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have to agree. Its the tone more than anything. JMHO

Very angry at government as a whole. I know the Presidency, Congress, Senate etc needs a major overhaul but the cops are not the bad guys. They get the confiscated items from the bad guys and you accuse them of BEING THE BAD GUYS?. REALLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
I have to agree. Its the tone more than anything. JMHO

Very angry at government as a whole. I know the Presidency, Congress, Senate etc needs a major overhaul but the cops are not the bad guys. They get the confiscated items from the bad guys and you accuse them of BEING THE BAD GUYS?. REALLY?
No, not ALL are. But certainly SOME are.

And that is the problem with laws and law enforcement that can be abused without strict oversight via impartial agencies. When money becomes involved, greed, at many levels, can very often result in abuse and corruption.

So yeah, tell me it hasn't happened, isn't happening, and can't happen....
Unread 07-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #10
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
No, not ALL are. But certainly SOME are.

And that is the problem with laws and law enforcement that can be abused without strict oversight via impartial agencies. When money becomes involved, greed, at many levels, can very often result in abuse and corruption.

So yeah, tell me it hasn't happened, isn't happening, and can't happen....
I can and does. There are bad apples everywhere and in every profession. Look at the people that spend years and years to get an Doctors MD degree and then throw it away when they become a pill mill drug dealer.

I would and do believe that 99.999% of the police get into the job to put the bad guy in jail, not to be one. The .001% see an opportunity to abuse the position and deserve everything they get. It's harder in prison for a former police officer than the average inmate. The guards hate a dirty cop that makes them look bad, and to the bad guys believe they are always the police enemy no matter what. The dirty cops have to live in solitary confinement since everyone hates them (as it should be).
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote