The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-27-2008, 03:10 PM   #1
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation
Default I thought this was a great story

A few weeks back I got a e-mail from a gentleman who wanted me to detail his son's corvette,Not that unusual for me to get a e-mail to detail a car,but what made this one really special was that his son somehow found out about my work though another forum[CF].Which I do not belong to,He got my name though a member there name Maalox,who is also a member here.Not sure what was said on the forum,but he e-mailed his father and his father had got in touch with me.Thanks for any kind words David[Maalox]you had said.

Well come to find out his son is serving his 3rd tour in Iraq in the Marines.Semper Fi,my brother.Not sure when he is coming home,but I had told his father to send our Prayers out there for all that are serving.He has pictures of his Baby,and it made him fell alittle bit closer to home.Also told him about this great place.Also noticed when I was detailing his Baby,that there were RevXtreme stickers on the windows,so I asked his father how he had gotten them,He told me a few years again he had gotten some major engine work done there,when they were located in Tampa,Good job RevXtreme.This car is a beast,huge cam,heads,full exhaust,and NOS.

Just shows how really small of a world we live in,when a guy thousands miles away can get his detailed so he can enjoy his Baby when he gets home.He has new shocks still in boxes he waiting to have installed,I told his father when he gets back,that I would arrange a few[Hundred] corvette owners to come by and give a hand to installl them,Looking forward to that.:dancer01

Last edited by "Backyard Mechanic"; 10-19-2008 at 08:00 PM.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote