The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 12-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road
Default Recession? What Recession?

People are literally busting down doors to get inside strores...Major complanies are reporting record profits...cars are being selling like hotcakes...approximately 29 billion dollars was spent today by shoppers on Mega Monday....Unemployment is coming down...If you are not on this bandwagon, there's something wrong with you...
Unread 12-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

God I hope you are right. I have been laid off twice in the last three years. Once this year and switching employers three times after each project is done. I have made an excellent reputation for Hillsborough County and they have started to recommend me for their projects. I hope they have enough work to keep me going. The scary thing is I have about 30 yrs before I can get SS if it is still around by then.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoysz16 View Post
God I hope you are right. I have been laid off twice in the last three years. Once this year and switching employers three times after each project is done. I have made an excellent reputation for Hillsborough County and they have started to recommend me for their projects. I hope they have enough work to keep me going. The scary thing is I have about 30 yrs before I can get SS if it is still around by then.
If you are good at what you do, get along with everyone and maintain your flexibility when different conditions arise, you will always be valuable to someone no matter how bad things get...its always worked for me during the past 41 years...It looks like you are doing everything right...Good Luck and prosperous New Year to you and yours...Armando
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
" ... Unemployment is coming down...
Let's not forget those who stopped looking for work and those whose unemployment bennies have run out! Unemployment is actually higher than ever but the main stream ObamaMedia does a good job of candy-coating the truth. But I felt good for a while reading your post. Let's dance
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Many people don't seem to realize that government MAKING jobs in the way of government PAID jobs is a one way ticket to put this country into the hopper. If more and more people are getting checks from the government, where is the money for those pay checks coming from? The only way that our government can really create jobs is by getting the hell out of the way.

Heck, I read a blurb in the local newspaper where people were getting giddy with the idea that new housing starts was up over last year. They claimed this was good sign for the economy because each new house built meant $90,000 in taxes collected. Well DUH!! Do you THINK that perhaps that $90K in overhead just might be a contributing reason for people not having the money to spend on a new house in the first place?

Between taxes, regulations, and just reams of red tape, it's no damn wonder that our economy is faltering. And yet our government apparently has nothing better to do but to mud wrestle over how they can somehow bear up under the pain and agony of cutting a measly $1 billion over ten years when we are already $15 TRILLION bucks in debt (which is a lie anyway, since it is actually MUCH larger than that) and steadily climbing EVERY YEAR.... This is effectively claiming that our being raped for only 10 minutes is MUCH better than being raped for an hour, and we should be thankful of that....

And now we're getting into the dog an pony show season when a bunch of buffoons running for office will lie their asses off claiming how they are going to make things better, when everyone knows that once most any of them get into office, they are only interested in numero uno and what personal gains they can get out of their influence while in office.

Honestly, bout the only person I have even a passing thought to vote for is Ron Paul. He's the only one I have heard talk that really makes any damned sense at all. But my guess is that in order to vote for him, I'll have to hand write his name onto the ballot.
Unread 12-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRestoredRoadster View Post
Let's not forget those who stopped looking for work and those whose unemployment bennies have run out! Unemployment is actually higher than ever but the main stream ObamaMedia does a good job of candy-coating the truth. But I felt good for a while reading your post. Let's dance
No sympathy here for anyone who stopped looking...there plenty of jobs out there if you want to work...
Unread 12-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #7
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :

Ron Paul seems to be the only sane one of the bunch...hopes he gets some more momentum...
Unread 12-28-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
Cor66Vette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Honestly, bout the only person I have even a passing thought to vote for is Ron Paul. He's the only one I have heard talk that really makes any damned sense at all. But my guess is that in order to vote for him, I'll have to hand write his name onto the ballot.
You make many good points. I can't imagine Ron Paul getting the Republican nomination, so he would have to run as a third party candidate. The problem I have with Paul getting on the ticket as an Independent- or even as a Repub is that he simply cannot defeat Obama. Making Obama a single term president must be the priority. Paul's candidacy would split the Republican vote.
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRestoredRoadster View Post
You make many good points. I can't imagine Ron Paul getting the Republican nomination, so he would have to run as a third party candidate. The problem I have with Paul getting on the ticket as an Independent- or even as a Repub is that he simply cannot defeat Obama. Making Obama a single term president must be the priority. Paul's candidacy would split the Republican vote.
The Republican's have been using that argument as the main reason to get one of their boys into the head office for decades. And they always come up with a piss poor option to run against the democrat contender. So their game plan is always "Yeah, our guy stinks, but the other guy stinks even more." Yeah, that inspires confidence and drives people to the polls to vote.... NOT...

I've been saying for years that the voting process needs to have a NOTA vote. None Of The Above. Which would be basically the American people telling those bozos that we don't accept ANY of the options they are offering us and they need to go back to the drawing board and do better. Heck, maybe EVERYONE pissed with the voting process needs to write in NOTA. Or will the new digital voting machines not even allow write-ins any longer?

Heck, what does it take to put an independent candidate on the voting sheet? How about coming up with a fictitious person named something like Nick Nota, which would mean the same thing as above?

I'm done voting AGAINST candidates. If there is no one worth voting FOR, then I'll just stay home and not waste my time. So far, it hasn't made a damned bit of difference who they allow us to put into office anyway as to the direction this country is going in.
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
Cor66Vette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
The Republican's have been using that argument as the main reason to get one of their boys into the head office for decades. And they always come up with a piss poor option to run against the democrat contender. So their game plan is always "Yeah, our guy stinks, but the other guy stinks even more." Yeah, that inspires confidence and drives people to the polls to vote.... NOT...

I've been saying for years that the voting process needs to have a NOTA vote. None Of The Above. Which would be basically the American people telling those bozos that we don't accept ANY of the options they are offering us and they need to go back to the drawing board and do better. Heck, maybe EVERYONE pissed with the voting process needs to write in NOTA. Or will the new digital voting machines not even allow write-ins any longer?

Heck, what does it take to put an independent candidate on the voting sheet? How about coming up with a fictitious person named something like Nick Nota, which would mean the same thing as above?

I'm done voting AGAINST candidates. If there is no one worth voting FOR, then I'll just stay home and not waste my time. So far, it hasn't made a damned bit of difference who they allow us to put into office anyway as to the direction this country is going in.
My comments were based solely on my desire to get Obama out of the Whitehouse and even though the country "seems" to go in the wrong direction regardless of who occupies that residence, I can't imagine our economy or our sovereignty surviving another 4 years of this bafoon. JMHO