The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

View Poll Results: PICK YOUR WINNER OF SUPERBOWL 43
1. STEELERS 5 38.46%
2. CARDINALS 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 02-10-2009, 03:46 AM   #31
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. The game was a GREAT one by 97.8 million viewers standards. The highest ever. The penalties were few and far between. The previous posts show that I fully agree with the roughing the holder penalty. He literally RAN HIM OVER. He did not simply breath heavily on him as he brushed by him as you wish to believe. It may be an obscure and little known penalty but the rule exists and is well known among the players. The fact that it is so well known is why NO ONE put up a fuss about the penalty except Cards fans who were upset their team choked. The player who did the penalty didn't even look back. He knew he screwed the pooch on that one while smirking all the way to the sideline. The only two penalties I disagreed with was the roughing the QB hit on Rothlesberger (yes one of the 3 that kept the drive alive) and one where a Steeler got a personal foul for jawin with a Card near the Cards sideline after a play. The rest of the game was well managed by the referees.

As far as your criticisim of "The Steel Curtain" there was a great curtain in place. This was proven as there was only one major pass play where Fitzgerald took it up the middle for the go ahead touchdown. The rest of the game Polamalu and company were all over the receivers covering them like their shadows. This is why Warner only had the short passes into the flats each play. The secondary coverage was awesome! They knew Warner was capable of the bullseye strike to a long ball rceiver so they had to play more cautious than usual. The bottom line is that the Steelers defense lead by head coach Mike Tomlin remained the #1 defense in the NFL through the whole game. There were almost zero rushing yards by the Cards proving the only thing they had was what Pittsburg GAVE THEM in the flats. Its a WONDERFUL strategey as it seems to have won them their 6TH SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP. Not their first in a FLUKE GAME THROWN BY DIRTY REFS AS YOU WOULD SAY.

THEIR 6TH RING !!!!! THE MOST OF ALL TIME!!

GO STEELERS!!!!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #32
BESZ28

Name : brian kolkowski
BESZ28 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guro305 View Post
The whole game. What about all the bogus free yards the Stealers had in penalties where their guys were not even touched? Arizona 11 for 106 yards for a team that averaged 78 yards in penalites per game. Check the stats and you will see.

The Cards offense put up 407 total yards on the so-called "Steel Curtain."
Three major penalties in one drive that did influence the score of the game. Several bogus penalties including roughing the passer when he was never even touched and running into the holder? The holder? WTF? Do NFL refs just make the rules as they go along now? A holder, not the KICKER which is a penatly but the HOLDER. A holder that was not even grazed. And let's not forget Rooney's "wonderful" rant on how great NObama was at the end of the game.

Z06 Rocket, I'm sorry but if you thought that game was great, no offense but you haven't watched enough good football. Fourth Quarter was exciting, sure enough but the first three quarters of football sucked total a$s. I contemplated falling asleep like I did during Superbowl 41! What better way to keep the underdog from scoring then to keep their offense off the field. Just look at the time of possession in the first half and ridiculous penalty after ridiculous penalty.

Not to mention the commercials sucked and so did the halftime show from has-been Bruce Sprungstein. Here, read this http://thefixisin.net/azcardinals08.html
nice link running into the HOLDER is an automatic first down,period, roughing the passer calls happen all year far less hits have been called. the last play of the game was reviewed and it was most definitely was a fumble, this was even clarified the next day by the nfl's top official. what about that phantom hold in the endzone that not only negated a steeler first down which would have enabled the steelers to run out the clock and win the game but also gave them 2 points along with the ball. and the last drive by the steelers started out with another phantom hold which started the steelers at 1st and 20 from the 10. and don't forget that bogus no td from the opening drive which later showed ben's leg was not down and should have been a td instead of a fg. and 407 yards by arizona against the steel curtain yep bend but don't break and remember the STEELERS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS AND I HOPE IT HURTS REAL BAD FOR YOU TO SAY THAT
Unread 02-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #33
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Jeeze, I cant believe this thread is still going... It just goes to show that we can't get enough FOOTBALL. I am sure this will come up at the BBQ.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #34
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESZ28 View Post
nice link running into the HOLDER is an automatic first down,period
No it's not. They make the rules up as they go. The NFL knows it as it is "proactive" officiating. Running into the KICKER is an automatic penalty, NOT the holder. You can go ahead and google the NFL rule book if you want.

Not to mention he NEVER TOUCHED THE PLACE HOLDER PERIOD. The NFL is a joke and the Squeelers two handed titles in three years (the first in Jerome Bettis' home time retirement game, how convenient!), the Saints phenomenal '06 season, burying the Patriots spygate scandal, etc., is proof of their storylines, the leagues affection for it's media darling primadonas and how much they adore the gambling public. So if you want to go ahead and worship and handed title, hey go for it (it'll be just like pro wrestling). Just do what Ohio State fans do and convince yourselves you won, but never talk about it ever.

The NFL is no different now than the NBA.

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #35
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No it's not. They make the rules up as they go. The NFL knows it as it is "proactive" officiating. Running into the KICKER is an automatic penalty, NOT the holder. You can go ahead and google the NFL rule book if you want.

Not to mention he NEVER TOUCHED THE PLACE HOLDER PERIOD. The NFL is a joke and the Squeelers two handed titles in three years (the first in Jerome Bettis' home time retirement game, how convenient!), the Saints phenomenal '06 season, burying the Patriots spygate scandal, etc., is proof of their storylines, the leagues affection for it's media darling primadonas and how much they adore the gambling public. So if you want to go ahead and worship and handed title, hey go for it (it'll be just like pro wrestling). Just do what Ohio State fans do and convince yourselves you won, but never talk about it ever.

The NFL is no different now than the NBA.

Get over it already bro..... It's been a month

Quote:
NEVER TOUCHED THE PLACE HOLDER PERIOD.
Sounds like you have a touch of the Ohio State-itis.... You wouldn't happen to be one of our northern snowbirds from the Buckey state that decided to nest in Florida permanently are you? He not only touched him, but he friggin bowled him over.. and he knew it.

They won wether you like it or not.

Here bro,,, drink some........

Served chilled by the BEST NFL TEAM EVER.

Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2009, 03:34 AM   #36
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
Get over it already bro..... It's been a month

Sounds like you have a touch of the Ohio State-itis.... You wouldn't happen to be one of our northern snowbirds from the Buckey state that decided to nest in Florida permanently are you? He not only touched him, but he friggin bowled him over.. and he knew it.

They won wether you like it or not.
Hell no!!!! I'm a southern boy born and raised. I hate the Ohio State Luckeyes and I hate the Squeelers. If they had a middle-finger smiley I would use it here!!! Like my British friends would say, "piss off!"

Like I always have been told, you can't help the helpless. You can watch it a thousand times on Youtube and watch him totally flyby the placeholder but it wouldn't matter you'd still be convinced he touched him. I'm sure little greenmen are real too! No different than those same Ohio State Luckeyes you mentioned flaunting around their stolen national championship in '02 and have totally convinced themselves Chris Gamble was interfered with when the video consistantly shows from every angle he had beaten the corner and just simply couldn't hold onto the ball. Just like Cubs fans who actually still believe that Moises Alou "could've" caught that fly ball in the '03 LCS and went to the World Series when finally after years Alou himself said he would've most likely not caught it, but no, he still would've caught it!!!

Amazingly people will believe that entire governments are fixed, elections are fixed, commodities and stocks are fixed but refuse to acknowledge or believe that sports is not only NOT fixed but cannot be fixed. Whatever, sports is fixed and this is why I don't watch much of them. To each his own.

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote