The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 11-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
Curacao
Island in the Caribbean.

Name : Timothy Halley
Curacao is on a distinguished road
Default 50th Anniversary Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Concept Official Details

General Motors has given us a futuristic vision of technology and design with the 50th Anniversary Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Concept. Celebrating 50 years since the debut of the original Corvette Stingray Racer Concept in 1959, the latest addition to GM’s long line of stylistic show cars was first displayed at the 2009 Chicago Auto Show before it starred as “Sideswipe” in the movie Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

The overall idea of the 50th Anniversary Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Concept was to incorporate past design cues in a fully futuristic shape. Speaking specifically about the car, Ed Welburn, vice president of GM Global Design, said: "By giving my creative team the freedom to design no-holds-barred vision concepts, it helps them push boundaries and look at projects from different perspectives."

The 50th Anniversary Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Concept is at this point solely a design exercise, not foreshadowing a production vehicle, though talk of the upcoming C7 Corvette has been circulating for some time.

Some of the concept’s features we could envisage making into a production Corvette one day include its clamshell hood, scissor-style doors, ergonomic seats, rear-view camera with night vision enhancement, and a high performance hybrid powertrain.

This latter element comes with interactive touch controls inside the cabin to allow the driver to customize the power and efficiency of the car and then share it with friends via an in-car camera system and advanced telemetrics.

For a full run-down of the potential hybrid and other powertrain options for the next-gen Corvette, check out John Voelcker's article over at Green Car Reports.

Link: http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...ficial-details

-----
Curacao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
road pilot

Name :
road pilot has disabled reputation

If that was the prototype-I like it. The bean counters will probably
mess it all up, as usual.
road pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

IDK I kind of fell in love with sideswipe when I was watching Transformers, that thing was hot as hell.

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

Ohhhhh I like it. But I still wouldn't trade my z16. Kinda reminds me of a '68 in front and '63 SW in back.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
tls630

Name :
tls630 has disabled reputation

I saw the car at trhe museum at the 15th anniversary bash. What a car is all I can say. It was a hybrid on top of great styling. They were letting some people drive it out on the interstate. What a car..JMHO
tls630 is offline   Reply With Quote