The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road in Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road in Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences in Florida

Unread 02-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #11
Ryan L

Name :
Ryan L has disabled reputation

I wish I would've been a member here before you took a trip down. I've lived here for almost 10 years and could've helped you out a bit. The Hampton you were looking for was probably at St. Augustine Beach. There is also one near I-95. Half of King Street IS downtown, where all the tourism is. West King has a couple blocks of 'ghettoness', but nothing compared to Lincolnville. Lincolnville is actually a couple blocks south of St. George street. Anyway, there isn't a whole lot to do in this town besides the tourist traps. If anyone wants to know about which restaurants to go to, feel free to PM me. BTW, Santa Maria is NOT a good place to go to.
Unread 02-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #12
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan L
I wish I would've been a member here before you took a trip down. I've lived here for almost 10 years and could've helped you out a bit. The Hampton you were looking for was probably at St. Augustine Beach. There is also one near I-95. Half of King Street IS downtown, where all the tourism is. West King has a couple blocks of 'ghettoness', but nothing compared to Lincolnville. Lincolnville is actually a couple blocks south of St. George street. Anyway, there isn't a whole lot to do in this town besides the tourist traps. If anyone wants to know about which restaurants to go to, feel free to PM me. BTW, Santa Maria is NOT a good place to go to.
Ryan,

Thanks for the insight and to the forum!

Don't be bashful, go up to the Welcome Room and introduce yourself. You will get quite a few responses!

Rich
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2007, 06:18 PM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan L
We stayed at the one near rt. 95. Next time we are planning on going there, we will stay elsewhere. Not that the Hampton Inn was bad, just I think we saw better places to hang our hats for the night.
Unread 08-11-2007, 01:22 AM   #14
Carl81

Name :
Carl81 has disabled reputation

Somebody please tell me about the night time ghost tours. I have heard that was kinda fun with a horse drawn carriage. Anybody do that? I plan on taking the old 81 out there for the first time next month. Thanks.

www.mycarframes.com
Carl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2007, 09:48 AM   #15
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Hey Carl81,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl81
Somebody please tell me about the night time ghost tours. I have heard that was kinda fun with a horse drawn carriage. Anybody do that? I plan on taking the old 81 out there for the first time next month. Thanks
We go there quite a bit, but have never done the ghost tour.
In fact, we're going back in December and staying a few nights, when all of the Christams lights are displayed.
One thing is for sure. If you're staying over night DO NOT PARK on the main drag (ocean side). Man....what a PITA!!! Every morning I had salt water spots all over the Vette

Have Fun!
Unread 08-11-2007, 11:20 AM   #16
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default And......

The San Sebastion Winery is there too....

Ken

Ya know we ought to do a cruise there!
Unread 08-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #17
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, Connie and I would like to go back there, but not likely until later September or so......
Unread 08-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #18
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
Default We always stay...

in a B&B while there (as i'm sure i've mentioned b4) , usually "The Inn on Charlotte" (sp?). They allow me to park my Vette on site (out back) sice we're return customers.
The last time we stayed there, we tried a different B&B. IMO...It wasn't as nice a place and it had 1st come 1st serve street parking .

It would be nice to meet up with others from the forum there, Ahem...
Not that we'd have to hang out all of the time, but we could some of the time.
Unread 08-11-2007, 06:08 PM   #19
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Ray, Carrie and I will join you and Angel just about anytime. I'm all for the trip but I want to put "Goldie" in a safe place too. I bet another couple from Port Charlotte would join us too.

How many rooms do they have? Maybe we could book um all with Vette folks. Would be a buttock kickin weekend.

I'm wit ya bro!

Ken (Goldies handler)
Unread 08-11-2007, 06:22 PM   #20
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
Default Hey Ken,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142
Ray, Carrie and I will join you and Angel just about anytime. I'm all for the trip but I want to put "Goldie" in a safe place too. I bet another couple from Port Charlotte would join us too.

How many rooms do they have? Maybe we could book um all with Vette folks. Would be a buttock kickin weekend.

I'm wit ya bro!

Ken (Goldies handler)
We'll be there during the week...so that may be a problem for those who can't get off from work.
We'll be arriving on the Monday the 3rd, and leaving on the 7th (friday). It's cheaper during the week! Here's their link.....
http://www.innoncharlotte.com/
They have 8 rooms (I think) and parking out back for 3 cars.
BTW..The parking out back is reserved for only 3 specific rooms (no not the expensive ones) unless special arrangements are made.
All others would have to park on the street behind (it's secure though).
It would be Awesome to see some of ya's there!

~Ray