The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road in Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road in Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences in Florida

Unread 08-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #31
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyard Mechanic
I use Lucus products in her,fuel cleaner and oil treatment,have been for years,Great stuff.I only put 91 or higher in her when it's cheap enough,normally just 89 octane.Mobile 1 Sys. oil,but the next oil change I will go to redline oil.use it before in other cars,Great stuff
Rob, I have also been using Lucas products since Jed Clampett discovered black gold. Here is something to think about tho. I stumbled upon a link that compared several different oil brands, Mobil 1, Q-State, Pennzoil, Valvoline,and some others that I didn't recognize. They did a friction wear test, which they lubed a spinning metal die and applied pressure to it until some point when the lube or metal failed. Sorry I am not exact on these measurments but I didn't think I was going to do an essay on it. Anyway, long story short, to my surprise, Valvoline Durablend was the HANDS DOWN WINNER. Over Royal purple and Redline, Mobil 1 and Q-State. Synthetic or conventional.

While the friction wear marks on some other name brands was as much as
5mm wide, the wear mark on the Durablend was 0.5mm. That impressed me.

So now what to do with this case of Q-State Syntec 10w-40? Well my lawnmower needs an oil change and the two trucks will need em soon....

Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote