The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 06-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation
Default Window No Work

Put the windows down this morning and when I went to put them up... the passenger window won't budge, It's down and won't go up. Since the driver window works I ruled out a fuse. In my Buick when the motor would go out, it still made a noise, and there have been a bunch of them. Chance that it could be simple or...
Been my month for cars, Buick overheated so I checked the thermostat and it wouldn't open, a quick fix. On the 3.8 the thermostat housing is held in place with 1 bolt . It wouldn't seal and I thought it was because the bolt was pulling it down uneven. Thought I would remove the throttle body and apply even pressure. Wow the coolant line was tight and all the gaskets disintegrated. Special order at Conley Buick. Borrowed my daughters old car and had to put pads and rotors on it so Vicki could drive it. Got the Buick back together and housing still leaking. Pulled the old o Ring out of the trash and compared a little closer. The OEM was bigger in diameter then the replacement, thanks Auto Zone. Switched back to the original and no leak. Vicki drove the car two days and the police helped her push it off the road; overheated again. I finally got it home and now you could see the water leaking from the water pump. There was no leak here before. Simple 30 minutes to change and presto drove the car 10 miles and fine. I parked the Buick for a week and took it to my daughters this morning since Vicki had the Vette. I pulled in the drive and as I was about to turn off the key , it quit. Won't start. It will start for one second and die. Must be the fuel pump.
What are junk cars getting today... this is why I won't work on the C5. I seem to take simple things and develop them into full restorations.
Sorry for the rant just PO'd. Oh now my daughters car needs a new caliper
Unread 06-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Rick View Post
Put the windows down this morning and when I went to put them up... the passenger window won't budge, It's down and won't go up. Since the driver window works I ruled out a fuse. In my Buick when the motor would go out, it still made a noise, and there have been a bunch of them. Chance that it could be simple or...
1. Open Passenger door!!
2. Turn on Key!!
3. (Not hard enough to break anything) Pop it right Here as you push Button Up!!! (See Photo!!)
They seem to stick sometimes,Chevrolet replaced my Passenger window Regulator 2 times and it still does it once in a while!!It only Sticks All the way Up or All the way down!

Last edited by gmjunkie; 06-16-2008 at 10:21 PM.
gmjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I had the passenger side window motor go out in my C5Z not long after I bought it. Got intermittent for a few days before it went kaput permanently. Just had the thing replaced and not had a problem since... knock on wood
Unread 06-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
C5Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
1. Open Passenger door!!
2. Turn on Key!!
3. (Not hard enough to break anything) Pop it right Here as you push Button Up!!! (See Photo!!)
They seem to stick sometimes,Chevrolet replaced my Passenger window Regulator 2 times and it still does it once in a while!!It only Sticks All the way Up or All the way down!
Well that didn't work, but now I noticed the lock doesn't work also. It doesn't matter if I hit the lock button on the drivers door or passenger door, same as window, nothing.
Just tried to lock it with the fob and the passenger door won't lock this way as well.
Unread 06-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
gmjunkie

Quote:
Well that didn't work, but now I noticed the lock doesn't work also. It doesn't matter if I hit the lock button on the drivers door or passenger door, same as window, nothing.
Just tried to lock it with the fob and the passenger door won't lock this way as well.
Need to check and see if the wires has came unplugged from the passenger door switch!! If the switch is unplugged Window or Power Locks will NOT work from the drivers side!!Small flat screwdriver at front of switch and carefully lift till you can see the metal tab to release!

Last edited by gmjunkie; 06-16-2008 at 10:21 PM.
gmjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 04:29 PM   #6
C5Rick

Quote:
Need to check and see if the wires has came unplugged from the passenger door switch!! If the switch is unplugged Window or Power Locks will NOT work from the drivers side!!Small flat screwdriver at front of switch and carefully lift till you can see the metal tab to release!
Thanks Junkie
I got the switch out and it was pluged in, but as I played with it the door locked and unlocked. I got the window up and that was it as again nothing works no matter what I do. Theres one wire hot at all times. I have to wait until I get someone else to push buttons while I attempt to operate the test light, these things are complicated (test lights)
I was just talking to Curacao and I remembered all this happened this morning when I wife was driving the Vette. She said the chimes came on and said the the car was empty and the fuel gauge read empty, but I filled it on the way home yesterday. She said after a while the gauge was back and working.
Unread 06-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #7
gmjunkie

Quote:
Thanks Junkie
I got the switch out and it was pluged in, but as I played with it the door locked and unlocked. I got the window up and that was it as again nothing works no matter what I do. Theres one wire hot at all times. I have to wait until I get someone else to push buttons while I attempt to operate the test light, these things are complicated (test lights)
Man you have a bad connection somewhere!! My 03 did something similar last week The Whole Drivers door was Dead!!I Pulled the kick panel on the drivers side and unplugged and plugged back in the 2 plugs where it comes into the car from the door just under the dash and it's been working ever since!! Don't be afraid to call me if you need something,My Toll Free # is on my web sight(Link at bottom of post!!) and rings into my House,Office and Shop!!
Unread 06-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
C5Rick

Junkie
email sent
Unread 06-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #9
gmjunkie

Quote:
Junkie
email sent
Holy Crap!!!I've never see one with that many History Codes!!The Good News is there mostly all History! I'll get in the book and see if I can see whats going on!!
Unread 06-07-2008, 08:26 PM   #10
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Holy Crap!!!I've never see one with that many History Codes!!The Good News is there mostly all History! I'll get in the book and see if I can see whats going on!!
Hey Rick, I still know the whereabouts of a really well cared for Chevy Vega with only 348,000 miles and I think it's available. Want me to go look at it for ya? Just kiddin bro but damn you have some kinda luck.