The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 06-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #841
Sub-Zero

Name : Jeff Carlton
Sub-Zero has disabled reputation

OMG! really sorry. You need some good luck come your way because you are due it.
Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #842
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Aaron put the new LS7 throttle body onto my car today and called me to tell me that it appears to have solved the 1514 problem, and the car is running well with it. Still needs some fine tuning, however.

Jim Smith will be coming back up to Thomasville on Tuesday, but they will be working on a ZR1 in the shop first. So they won't get to my car till maybe Thursday.

Since every time I have said something to the effect "My car should be done by ........", it became a spectacularly inaccurate prediction, I'm not going to do that here and now. Instead, I am just going to say that I will be waiting to hear about the next problem they find.

At least the phone call from Aaron wasn't the usual bad news such calls have been in the past.
Unread 06-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #843
Sub-Zero

Name : Jeff Carlton
Sub-Zero has disabled reputation

I know by now it is hard to think positive but I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I have been where you are at. well maybe not as bad
Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #844
Rich Z

I talked to Aaron today and they are still working on the ZR-1 in the shop. Doesn't appear to be any chance at all that my car will get finished this week as I had hoped. Glad I didn't pay for overnight shipping on that throttle body to hurry this up...
Unread 06-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #845
miami993c297

Name :
miami993c297 has disabled reputation

Hey Rich,

I am wishing you to write 85 pages on here about your new adventures driving your C5 soon...

Christian
PS: I will for sure enjoy reading them!!!

418Ci TEC Assembled/ ETP-FTI Prep/ FTI "Barbara Streisand" Cam 664 HP Pump Gas.
Accepting imperfection signify losing the race against yourself…
miami993c297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #846
Rich Z

Actually, it's quite a trip to read over the old posts in this thread and how many times I thought I was almost out of the woods. Back on 06-19-10 (a year ago) I made the following statement:
Quote:
Yeah, nothing major, but I feel like I'm about to be eaten alive with nagging little piranha problems like this....
I should make a compilation of all these sorts of quotes along the way just for the gallows humor of it all...
Unread 06-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #847
Rich Z

Aaron called me today to give me my usual dose of bad news.

The latest PCM they put in the car died. Also the new Aeromotive fuel pump that Chris originally put on has died as well.

WTF is going on here?

Last edited by Rich Z; 06-27-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #848
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

Man that car is cursed.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #849
Rich Z

I wonder if Aaron would be willing to take a commission to strip that SOB down and part it out for me? I was seriously thinking about just getting it back home, even if it meant towing it, and mothballing it in the garage. But honestly, the thought of seeing it there in non working condition every time I go into the garage just makes my stomach knot up.

I know this probably seems like small potatoes to some people, and they can't figure out why I am dwelling on it so much. But I guess it's about the equivalent of a little toe on one foot. Not really all that much when compared to all the mass of the rest of the body. But put an infected nail through it and it suddenly becomes the center of your attention, and a pain that will be a long time going away, so the ache will be a constant reminder. That's pretty much where this is now. Do I just keep on taking pain medication or just lop the SOB off and be done with it? I do feel that I am much closer to the "lopping off" stage than I have ever been before.

Maybe I need to see what my damages are with Aaron to date and figure out what kind of price I would need to get to at least put some money back into my pocket after selling this thing. Heck, for all I know, Aaron might already own the damned thing. His bill might already be higher than I am able (or willing) to pay for it.
Unread 06-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #850
z06ufgrad2002

Name :
z06ufgrad2002 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I wonder if Aaron would be willing to take a commission to strip that SOB down and part it out for me? I was seriously thinking about just getting it back home, even if it meant towing it, and mothballing it in the garage. But honestly, the thought of seeing it there in non working condition every time I go into the garage just makes my stomach knot up.

I know this probably seems like small potatoes to some people, and they can't figure out why I am dwelling on it so much. But I guess it's about the equivalent of a little toe on one foot. Not really all that much when compared to all the mass of the rest of the body. But put an infected nail through it and it suddenly becomes the center of your attention, and a pain that will be a long time going away, so the ache will be a constant reminder. That's pretty much where this is now. Do I just keep on taking pain medication or just lop the SOB off and be done with it? I do feel that I am much closer to the "lopping off" stage than I have ever been before.

Maybe I need to see what my damages are with Aaron to date and figure out what kind of price I would need to get to at least put some money back into my pocket after selling this thing. Heck, for all I know, Aaron might already own the damned thing. His bill might already be higher than I am able (or willing) to pay for it.
At this point, I'd be asking what his bill is as of today. I don't think there's anyway to break even on this. You need to plan for a loss of some magnitude. I don't know how you've hung in for this long. Props to you staying optimistic.

I would certainly dump the project at this point even at a significant loss. Just too many headaches and setbacks and money put into it with no clear end in sight. Shops have built complete cars from the ground up in this time frame.
z06ufgrad2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
427, aaron scott, chris harwood, rhs block, south georgia corvette, xtrememotorsports