The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 06-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #1
LT1_C4

Name :
LT1_C4 has disabled reputation
Default Been searching for a few C4 things...

but some things just seem EXTREMELY difficult to find.

Trying to piece together a complete exhaust system from headers back, Ive found Pacesetter headers and Borla/SLP Catbacks, but no midpipe...

another thing im having trouble with is either coilovers or some good eibach or comparable lowering springs. Ive seent he QA1 12way adjustable shocks, which id rather do if i can find some 1 1/2" drop springs that can keep stock rate or close to it, that would be killer.

Last thing im interested in is. Alot of people have told me i can do more power for cheaper than the LT4 upgrade kit from summit. First off, how much power does the LT4 upgrade kit actually gain you over a Stock LT1 C4 Vette, and what would i want to do? I had looked into some AFR Heads and then use Edelbrock mani with a decent cam. (obviously larger injectors and a tune)

my knowledge of any Corvette is very limited at this moment. Any help would be amazing!

thanks guys!

Phil

For Sale $7500obo PM for Details
LT1_C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 10:33 AM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Phil,

Check with Pfat on Monday. You'll probably have to call or e-mail them because they don't list C4 applications on thier website, but they may be able to give you a lead.

Also, LG motorsports (I belive-but I'll get you a link later). mya be able to assist you. Seems to have a lot of info on coil over applications for C4's.

Be careful with the C/O's on the C4 though. The shock towers were not designed to support the weight of the entire car (even distributed by 4 ).

Most people have to widen the mount then weld in support steel to keep them strong. Especially if you're going to really be hitting the twisties.

Also check with VBP (Vet Brakes & Products) here in St. Petersburg. Been in the suspension field a Looooong time and really know thier stuff. Have a great rep with the vet community

They have or can mfg. a spring with the rate you request very reasonably.

Hope this helps?

Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
stgry1

Name :
stgry1 has disabled reputation

WHOOOOAAA!! No pacesetters! Been there done that and have the hole in the wall to prove it. My advice, is to stay away from them. Fitment is terrible. Email me for more info if you like.

Nodular Iron SMFW w/ CF DF clutch, Hurst STS, Hooker 1.75" shorties
w/ Borla cat-back, Custom cold air w/ dual K&N filters, Perf MSD Coil
w/ 8.5mm wires, NGK Iridiums, Mild intake port w/ "777"s, R&D
Cross & Camber Brace, 30mmF & 26mmR solid S-bars, Hawk pads
w/ russel lines & cryo rotors. Bilstein Z51 shocks, Granatelli "RED"
MAF w/ smoothie intake couplers, Custom PCM tune GS wheels
315s & flares. LED rear lighting system.
Semper Fi/USMCR
stgry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
LT1_C4

Name :

10-4

Unread 06-24-2007, 10:23 PM   #5
LT1_C4

Name :

forgot to ask whats a good loud but nice exhaust for the C4 LT1s, i wish they had the SLP Loudmouth available =) or do they?

Unread 06-25-2007, 12:13 AM   #6
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1_C4
forgot to ask whats a good loud but nice exhaust for the C4 LT1s, i wish they had the SLP Loudmouth available =) or do they?
On the C4 I sold I left alot of the exhaust alone. I left the original cats on and removed the center resonator. It acts kind of like a third muffler. I then replaced the original mufflers with Flowmasters. I had the factory tips cut off and welded to the new Flowmasters so it looked factory. It had a GREAT sound. Nice deep gurgle. I got compliments on it ALL THE TIME. I know the man who owns the C4 now and he still gets compliments. I was told (no kidding either) that the possible reason for the sale was that the new owner loved the sound so much. I had alot of people ask me if I had a stroker motor in the car, but it was straight LT1 original. I'm pretty sure it was their "40 series" mufflers that I had installed.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2007, 06:57 AM   #7
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
On the C4 I sold I left alot of the exhaust alone. I left the original cats on and removed the center resonator. It acts kind of like a third muffler. I then replaced the original mufflers with Flowmasters. I had the factory tips cut off and welded to the new Flowmasters so it looked factory. It had a GREAT sound. Nice deep gurgle. I got compliments on it ALL THE TIME. I know the man who owns the C4 now and he still gets compliments. I was told (no kidding either) that the possible reason for the sale was that the new owner loved the sound so much. I had alot of people ask me if I had a stroker motor in the car, but it was straight LT1 original. I'm pretty sure it was their "40 series" mufflers that I had installed.
on my 87, I have stock manifolds running into MAD true dual 3" pipes with a cross pipe, cats (hollow) and flowmasters into twin tips at the rear.

The sound is badass!!! and a nice low growl/rumble at idle. Open it up and set off car alarms a block away

Just wish it were fast
Unread 06-25-2007, 07:27 AM   #8
LT1_C4

Name :

what size is factory exhaust? i guess your saying no one makes a midsection, so just hollow out the cats or remove the center resonator?

Unread 06-25-2007, 08:59 AM   #9
Shadow

Name :

If you're talking about the Cats, I believe you can find several manufacturers that make aftermarket, high flow cats for our cars.

Not sure what you mean by the mid section? If you mean the X or H pipe, mines still there.
Unread 06-25-2007, 03:34 PM   #10
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1_C4
what size is factory exhaust? i guess your saying no one makes a midsection, so just hollow out the cats or remove the center resonator?
I would recommend getting rid of the resonator. I found that it made the interior "humm" in your hears while cruising or "drone" as some people call it go down while the exterior sound went up. It kept it from bringing it inside and directed it towards the exterior of the car. I had it removed (the resonator), but held onto it for awhile. When I knew I liked the sound I chucked it into the garbage.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote