The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 09-23-2010, 11:34 PM   #491
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
Sorry I missed some of this, but I have every C5 lug lock that GM made if you need. Have never had a car in that one didn't fit...
Well hopefully mine will be there. I assume there is more than one kind, so how would I even know how to get a replacement if that doesn't pan out?
Unread 09-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #492
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

Okay I have to run over to Panama City automotive in the morning to ss what the heck is going on.I'll wait until Monday to go. I'm sure it will be a wasted trip.Hope you find what you need in Blunstown to get your wheel locks off.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #493
THUNDER
Rideing in style

Name : Chris Plato
THUNDER is on a distinguished road

Rich leaving quincy in ten min then heading to meet you hope you have thos on your moble
Unread 09-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #494
Rich Z

Went to Blountstown this morning. John found two sockets that fit locking lug nuts, so we took both of them. I'll return the other one that does not work on my car, as certainly someone else there now, or in the recent past, is going to be needing this thing.

Luckily Connie noticed the two aluminum panels on the table, as those were the rear guards for my gas tanks that were not put on the car. So much for everything being mechanically complete on the car.

Went up to Thomasville to see them still working on the tune for my car. Apparently there is something wrong in the wiring (possibly) that is making one of the O2 sensors ground out and cause the CPU to try to enrich the fuel to compensate. So the one back starts running REAL rich. They are going to bypass this problem for the time being by forcing the AFR to run in open loop. Once other issues get straightened out, then they will troubleshoot the problem so the car can run in closed loop. Still hearing a chattering from the rocker arm area. Sounds louder on the driver's side. Not sure what that is at this point. Do MSD coil packs make noise? It almost sounds like an ignition spark noise to me.

Both valve covers are leaking oil, so Aaron is going to have to yank them off to see what is making them leak. Justin had to pull them both off when he fixed that coolant leak at the back of the heads, so maybe the gaskets got pinched in the process. Oh yeah, they found a couple of the spark plug wires were loose. And here I was thinking the new cam was making that nice lope in idle....

Aaron is a little concerned about the oil pressure being lower than he likes it to be. Not sure what this means yet.... But he asked me if Chris had primed the oil pump properly before starting up the engine for the first time. I never heard Chris mention it, so I just don't know. Evidently this is something that needs to be done to every engine when it is built. Something I never heard of before, so I sure hope Chris knew about it.

No earthly idea when I'll be seeing my car back home again. But I certainly do get a pounding headache lately whenever I think about this...
Unread 09-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #495
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

I think he's concerned that the oi filter wasn't filled with oil prior to installing it.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #496
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

To prime the pump you have to remove the spark plugs, remove the fuel relay fuse and unclip the coil pack wiring, then turn the car over for 30 seconds, wait 5 minutes then do it again. Adding oil to the filter is a good bet as well.

I doubt Chris did all that work....
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #497
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I think he's concerned that the oi filter wasn't filled with oil prior to installing it.
Actually I think it's something different than that. But I was thinking about this, and remembered that Chris had disconnected the ignition and the fuel pump and turned the engine over for a couple of minutes using the starter. He did this a couple of times, if I remember correctly, so I believe this would have primed the oil pump.
Unread 09-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #498
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

ALWAYS do this. If you leave the fuel pump relay in it washes the cylinders down. Good info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post
To prime the pump you have to remove the spark plugs, remove the fuel relay fuse and unclip the coil pack wiring, then turn the car over for 30 seconds, wait 5 minutes then do it again. Adding oil to the filter is a good bet as well.

Unread 09-24-2010, 10:04 PM   #499
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

When he has the valve covers off he will look to see if there is any interferance from the rocker arms.
Unread 09-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #500
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post

Damn, I've never heard of doing that. Good info Dan and I see Tracy posting also. I wonder what pulling the spark plugs has to do with priming the oil pump? I understand after reading what Tracy posted about the fuel pump relay.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
427, aaron scott, chris harwood, rhs block, south georgia corvette, xtrememotorsports