The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Competitions and Racing Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Competitions and Racing Forum Any and all forms of contests. "Kill" stories are OK, but please note that this site does NOT condone illegal activities. So discretion is advised.

Unread 01-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
palmbeachvette76

Name : Eric Dellinger
palmbeachvette76 is on a distinguished road
Default Winter Warmup - Palm Beach International Speedway - NHRA Drag Racing

It's that time of year again. Most of the country is having winter and down here in South Florida we are in between summer heat waves. So, the boys from NHRA decided to come back to sunny, warm South Florida to test their new parts and setups. They opened practice up to the public Friday and Saturday.
I hit the track alone today to take photos and videos so tomorrow night I can go free of electronics to enjoy the show with my wife and another buddy from the forum.
It's been 20 years since I've witnessed the Top fueler's in person and all I can say is, this is what the true definition of the word "Awesome" is. Not something neat that happened and you overuse and incorrectly use the word. These cars leave you in "Awe" of what you saw, smelled and felt.
Here are some photos and video links for your viewing. Everything was shot with my Canon EoS Rebel T1i dslr camera except the sign at the speedway which was with my Motorola Droid X smartphone on the dash mount.

VIDEOS:

http://youtu.be/TVBrVaAUXZM

http://youtu.be/6SAUTDDjsIY

http://youtu.be/0tzUYjOE1cc
Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/carissawabo

palmbeachvette76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

I know what you mean. I was lucky enough to catch them in Gainseville a few years ago for the Gator Nationals. My body is still vibrating. If you've never been, you owe it to yourself to go at least once.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

"Awe"some photos. Drag racing is my favorite in motorsports. Someday I would like to have a Promod or a 10.5 Outlaw door slammer and go racing.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote