The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Corvette Clubs > Corvette Clubs and Organizations

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Corvette Clubs and Organizations General topics about Florida Corvette clubs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #9
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Sometimes a good dose of reality is just the right thing to bring people back into reality.

"Spoken to like that?"
F**k that!! These are car clubs not the supreme court.

Who does he think he is/was? Good for you for speaking your mind. Maybe they'll get it together

Some clubs can definately be cliquish. Seems the bigger the club, the better the likelyhood of being lost in the crowd unless the officers and members make a concerted effort to stay in touch.
2 of my best-friends, also middle-aged when they bought their 1st-ever Corvettes, joined that Club, in-spite of my experiences
(their wives had BOTH witnessed my 'conversation' with 'the-stranger' at the out-of-town Show )
and volunteered to help-out at a meeting, held at an 'in-crowd' Club-members rural home:
they were told to 'help-park-cars outside', no Club-official ever introduced them, nor thanked them, during the meeting.....

I ended-up 'joining' the out-of-town, as a show of appreciation for their hospitality, but with my move here up-coming, I didn't re-new my membership for '05, yet they are STILL sending me newsletters, 2 years later.

Last edited by USA-1; 10-29-2006 at 08:56 AM.
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote