The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Legal Issues

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Legal Issues Traffic tickets | Laws | Pending Legislation

Unread 04-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #31
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

God i'm glad I skipped this thread
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #32
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by guno89 View Post
Wow this thread got out of hand, jeez i could careless if you think I made it up. I got the ticket atelast 2 weeks before I posted this. I went to court I paid a fine and I have to take some online 12hr driving class. Witch apparently is dumb as hell since my brother has a broken leg and did it for me since he is stuck at his house due to it.

All i wanted to know was the process of court here. I'n NY especially in Nassau and Suffolk counties you get a ticket A) you wont go to court for atleast 1.5years and It doesn't matter what the hell you did wrong you will never get any points. Example I blew by a cop going 118 in a 55... I got pulled over. he made me leave the car on the road, and i had to get a ride and pick it up the next day. Got a mandated court date, I showed up I got a broken tail light no points $600 fine.

As i have learned in Florida your ass will go to jail for that kind of speed. And its the same i guess you pay a large fine and you get no points.

And as far as me being ricer what ever, As far as the cop not targeted me I don't care what you think. I have 17.5 inch chrome rims w/ dark tints all around, my music was semi loud I have a system. The car stands out and I have NY plates... I'm pretty sure if i had a corolla w/ Florida tags no rims or tints i would of gotten a stop sign tix not reckless driving.

Thats all i wont be on these forums any more. Atleast i got a kick ass detail for the vette..

Actually my friend, it's not out of hand at all. In fact, in fact, it's quite under control

It' simply that your informaion doesn't add up, the dates don't jive with local court dates, and most people can read well enough to read the court information sheet you're given by the court clerk when you leave the court room or pay the fine. That will show the outcome of the case, the reduction and charge reduced to, and such pertinent information.

I guess you got your answer about our court process

Quote:
you wont go to court for atleast 1.5years and It doesn't matter what the hell you did wrong you will never get any points

Ok, now I have a reason to live in NY

As far as targeting you, I don't know? Maybe, maybe not? Regardless, it's over. I would imagine though if you had that "kick ass sound system" cranking, and dark tint all around, even in a Toy, you'd get "targeted"

Quote:
Thats all i wont be on these forums any more. Atleast i got a kick ass detail for the vette
Thats your choiceThere's a ton of other forums out there. Many would never let you even talk about the stuff you did and others would have damned you unmercifully for "whining" about the ticket" (I know you were not whining, but that's what they'd call it).

Regardless, as I said, it's your choice.

You're more than welcomed to stick around and enjoy some comaraderie and good hearted ribbing, but as you see, we have a thinking and somewhat outspoken crowd as well Not easily smoked or convinced

Stay or go, you're choice. You're always welcomed back

Later
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2008, 07:11 AM   #33
tayyab

Name :

Hi
Here's the link to the "reckless driving" statute

Next time I consider buying land in Dubai, I'll look you up. Until then...AMF

Last edited by Shadow; 05-16-2008 at 08:54 AM.