The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 12-11-2006, 09:07 PM   #1
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road
Default Adam's Detail of my Z06

I mentioned in a previous thread that Adam's sales rep in my area of Maryland was coming to my house to detail my new stable addition. Here is my take on the products.

My comparison is Adam's to Zaino. I have been using Zaino for about three years without any major issues. I think their products to a great job. But, to me the difference is in the ease of application. I had previously washed my car so we started with the claybar process and this really was not much different than the Zaino process. It took approximately 15 minutes using the clay bar with Adam's detail spray. What surprised me was that when we were done, we did not have to wipe down the car. In fact the detail spray actually dried in certain spots and that was ok. Since I had some surface scratches we took the Porter Cable buffer and added a mixture of the scratch and swirl remover with the Revive polish at roughly 1/3 to 2/3 mixture on the buffing pad and went over the entire car. We then hand buffed the entire car with one of Adam's microfiber towels (these are great). Then we used the PC buffer and put down a coat of Buttery Wax. Again we hand buffed out with a microfiber towel.

The finish turned out great! But more important, this process took about two hours. The same process with the Zaino products would have taken me a couple days. In short I think the products are a little better than the Zaino products but the application was much easier. I have officially changed over to Adam's. The products are great and Adam is really a great guy! Plus, how can you go wrong with a 110% back guarantee?
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I forgot one additional item. My wife loved the Glass Cleaner. She does the car windows, because I am genetically challenged in this area.
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 06:36 AM   #3
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

Good deal, plus the products smell so good. How did you like the Porter Cable ? I love mine, it's amazing how easy and safe it is to use, certainly cuts down on the time it takes to do a car. I can do my wifes Envoy in about two hours using the Porter Cable. Lets see some pics of the finished car.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 08:04 AM   #4
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Glad you like the products Rich. Maybe next year I'll spring for a Porter Cable polisher. For now its just elbow grease.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 01:13 PM   #5
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

I used the Porter to apply the swirl and scratch/revive polish but I must not have the technique down right. It didn't apply the stuff very evenly and there were some spots that I had to go over again. I'm sure this is simply due to my unfamiliarity with the Porter. I've watched Adam's DVD so I know it can be done. I ended up applying the buttery wax by hand. The results were outstanding so overall I'm very happy. I just need more practice with the Porter.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #6
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

I was glad to read your success with the Adams' product line. I ordered their kit with the PC polisher and caddy and was hoping I made a good move. I feel better now after reading your thread. Many thanks, Mark
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote