The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 01-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation
Default Good, Bad and ?

This is list of businesses / people I've dealt with and my opinion of .. well them and their service
- Ecklers: I've only made one purchase from them. The ordering was easy, but shipping was high. I returned part of the order and had to pay a restocking fee which sucks.

- East Coast Corvettes: Another Florida company that I've ordered from a couple of times. Fast shipping, but again a tad high on shipping. Quick replies to emails. C5 & C6 only
- West Coast Corvettes: A lot of stuff at the going prices. I do like them better then Ecklers, but shipping is HIGH. C5 & C6 only

- Corvette Central: Big inventory with around the average price and a little better on shipping.

- TKO Performance: I New York company. I purchased my B&B Bullets here. Best price I could find. When a problem occurred with my order, I received phone calls from the owner keeping me updated on the status. Made me a promise and stuck to it. C5 & C6

- Caravaggio Corvettes: I believe for what they mfg, they are the best in design and quality. When I placed my order I dealt with the owner, but it seemed once the order was taken customer support was lacking.
If ordering from them, don't be in a rush as most stuff appears to be made to order and shipping, well it's coming from Canada and my package was big and heavy

- Fast Decals.com: Lager selection of stuff (vinyl decals etc) good prices and fast shipping with great customer service

- American Marketing: This is where I purchased my engine compartment items with the carbon fiber finish. I believe I got a fair price especially considering a lot of the stuff was delivered to my door by the owner. I do have an issue with the warranty. I had to return the fuel rail covers and it took over two months to get them re-done. Pat did help out at two shows with other offers and loans, but the delivery schedule is not kept as I'm still waiting on an item that was suppose to arrive just before Christmas.

- Tomz Wheels: Ordered a set of wheels and from this dealer and was sent three different offsets instead of two. The boxes looked liked they had been around the world a few times and you could see that two of them had been opened before. The plastic rim guards were missing. I called and said I would help pay for expedited shipping, since I needed the wheels for an upcoming show. I was told this would not happen. Due to the poor service and support I said I would return all the wheels and was told go ahead as long as I paid the return shipping, even on the wrong wheel.

- Manatee Auto Trim: Had a seat repaired there. Service, price and workmanship are top notch. The only problem was communicating with the lady at the counter.

- TrimBack Artistry: While not the original shop where my paint & airbrush was was done, the two fellas who personally did the paint and art on my C5 opened there own shop. Fair price, car always finished on time and as for quality it speaks for itself.

- Auto XTC: Great all around service shop. I was treated very well, work was top notch and more then fair price. John the tech, is very knowledgeable and will help answer any questions you have. This has to be the cleanest garage / shop I've ever been in.

- Cox Chevrolet: I can't complain about the service I got here. I knew going in what to expect from a dealership, but my service manager was OK and they never went over an estimate without calling.

- Rev Xtreme: I asked for a price for some service work and was given a quote. I went in for the service and when I was paying the bill it went up 75%. I thought this was a substantial increase with no warning. I also had a catch can installed. Later, I went to remove it and discovered my PCV valve was gone and there was a ground wire that was removed. Instead of taking off one small nut and removing the wire, it was cut and the connector just left. Sorry, i call this shoddy.

- Anti Venom: While getting an install done, I was talking Greg's ear off. I know I had to add an extra 1/2 hour to the job, but the bill was as quoted. If you want someone who has the knowledge and skill to diagnose and repair, stop in. especially for performance mods.

- Auto Paint Guard: This is where I had my clear bra installed. Great service and product.

_- Car Arts Auto Detailing: I was going to a big show and didn't have time to really clean the Vette, so I called Rob. I thought I kept this car shinny, but Rob did the trick and it turned out smooth, and the shine was more then I thought possible.

I also want to thank Tim, Rickey Joe, and Ken for keeping me company at the local shows. Oh Yea, Corey is there when his car isn't in the shop.

These are just quick reviews of places I've had dealings with and my thoughts on them. I know others had different experiences with some of the places I've mentioned, but again these are my opinions.
Sorry if I left anyone out.
Unread 01-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Great list
Sorry to hear you were not happy with all the business you had delt with.
Thank you for your business and it was a pleasure to take care of your Baby.
Thanks again for the kind words.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Great post! Thanx for sharing this info!!
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

As always, Rick just tells it like it is! Good job.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

That's whats needed. Straight talk from a straight shooter with no allegiances

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #6
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Great Post
Unread 01-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Rick View Post
This is list of businesses / people I've dealt with and my opinion of .. well them and their service
- Ecklers: I've only made one purchase from them. The ordering was easy, but shipping was high. I returned part of the order and had to pay a restocking fee which sucks.

- East Coast Corvettes: Another Florida company that I've ordered from a couple of times. Fast shipping, but again a tad high on shipping. Quick replies to emails. C5 & C6 only
- West Coast Corvettes: A lot of stuff at the going prices. I do like them better then Ecklers, but shipping is HIGH. C5 & C6 only

- Corvette Central: Big inventory with around the average price and a little better on shipping.

- TKO Performance: I New York company. I purchased my B&B Bullets here. Best price I could find. When a problem occurred with my order, I received phone calls from the owner keeping me updated on the status. Made me a promise and stuck to it. C5 & C6

- Caravaggio Corvettes: I believe for what they mfg, they are the best in design and quality. When I placed my order I dealt with the owner, but it seemed once the order was taken customer support was lacking.
If ordering from them, don't be in a rush as most stuff appears to be made to order and shipping, well it's coming from Canada and my package was big and heavy

- Fast Decals.com: Lager selection of stuff (vinyl decals etc) good prices and fast shipping with great customer service

- American Marketing: This is where I purchased my engine compartment items with the carbon fiber finish. I believe I got a fair price especially considering a lot of the stuff was delivered to my door by the owner. I do have an issue with the warranty. I had to return the fuel rail covers and it took over two months to get them re-done. Pat did help out at two shows with other offers and loans, but the delivery schedule is not kept as I'm still waiting on an item that was suppose to arrive just before Christmas.

- Tomz Wheels: Ordered a set of wheels and from this dealer and was sent three different offsets instead of two. The boxes looked liked they had been around the world a few times and you could see that two of them had been opened before. The plastic rim guards were missing. I called and said I would help pay for expedited shipping, since I needed the wheels for an upcoming show. I was told this would not happen. Due to the poor service and support I said I would return all the wheels and was told go ahead as long as I paid the return shipping, even on the wrong wheel.

- Manatee Auto Trim: Had a seat repaired there. Service, price and workmanship are top notch. The only problem was communicating with the lady at the counter.

- TrimBack Artistry: While not the original shop where my paint & airbrush was was done, the two fellas who personally did the paint and art on my C5 opened there own shop. Fair price, car always finished on time and as for quality it speaks for itself.

- Auto XTC: Great all around service shop. I was treated very well, work was top notch and more then fair price. John the tech, is very knowledgeable and will help answer any questions you have. This has to be the cleanest garage / shop I've ever been in.

- Cox Chevrolet: I can't complain about the service I got here. I knew going in what to expect from a dealership, but my service manager was OK and they never went over an estimate without calling.

- Rev Xtreme: I asked for a price for some service work and was given a quote. I went in for the service and when I was paying the bill it went up 75%. I thought this was a substantial increase with no warning. I also had a catch can installed. Later, I went to remove it and discovered my PCV valve was gone and there was a ground wire that was removed. Instead of taking off one small nut and removing the wire, it was cut and the connector just left. Sorry, i call this shoddy.

- Anti Venom: While getting an install done, I was talking Greg's ear off. I know I had to add an extra 1/2 hour to the job, but the bill was as quoted. If you want someone who has the knowledge and skill to diagnose and repair, stop in. especially for performance mods.

- Auto Paint Guard: This is where I had my clear bra installed. Great service and product.

_- Car Arts Auto Detailing: I was going to a big show and didn't have time to really clean the Vette, so I called Rob. I thought I kept this car shinny, but Rob did the trick and it turned out smooth, and the shine was more then I thought possible.

I also want to thank Tim, Rickey Joe, and Ken for keeping me company at the local shows. Oh Yea, Corey is there when his car isn't in the shop.

These are just quick reviews of places I've had dealings with and my thoughts on them. I know others had different experiences with some of the places I've mentioned, but again these are my opinions.
Sorry if I left anyone out.

Gotta reply to the RevX report.....Karen billed the regular price, not the discount I quoted on the phone (I think $75-$100 for trans flush, fill, and new filter & gasket....call a dealer for a quote to see what they charge.) since I forgot to tell her she did not know. We immediately offered to refund & only charge the discount price I had quoted as a favor as soon as you told her, but you would not....and now you complain? Hardly stand-up if it was offered to be corrected at the time for a very legitimate error......guess the best is to not offer discounts, all can pay full price if you were going to back-stab us after the fact. Pretty two-faced to be offered a correction and refuse it and then post a complaint....

The original PCV valve has a ground strap attached to a bolt on the pass cyl head, we remove it as it is not needed since the catch can has one integrated into it.....no need to have two. And we snip the strap at the bolt. Hardly shoddy.

Question, Why in the world would you remove the oil seperating can? There is no unit as effective on the market, and unless some idiot convinced you to delete the PCV system and run open hoses down to suck up dirt,water, sand, dust, and who-knows-what directly into the motor why would you remove it?
Unread 01-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #8
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
Gotta reply to the RevX report.....Karen billed the regular price, not the discount I quoted on the phone (I think $75-$100 for trans flush, fill, and new filter & gasket....call a dealer for a quote to see what they charge.) since I forgot to tell her she did not know. We immediately offered to refund & only charge the discount price I had quoted as a favor as soon as you told her, but you would not....and now you complain? Hardly stand-up if it was offered to be corrected at the time for a very legitimate error......guess the best is to not offer discounts, all can pay full price if you were going to back-stab us after the fact. Pretty two-faced to be offered a correction and refuse it and then post a complaint....
After I got home and went over the bill, I contacted you about the charge and in your reply to me, no refund was offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
The original PCV valve has a ground strap attached to a bolt on the pass cyl head, we remove it as it is not needed since the catch can has one integrated into it.....no need to have two. And we snip the strap at the bolt. Hardly shoddy.

Question, Why in the world would you remove the oil seperating can? There is no unit as effective on the market, and unless some idiot convinced you to delete the PCV system and run open hoses down to suck up dirt,water, sand, dust, and who-knows-what directly into the motor why would you remove it?
I'm not a mechanic nor engineer so how things work I leave to others. As to why I wanted to remove the catch can and hook up the stock PCV system is my business, I just assumed it was still there and not cut off. Just where did you get that I was going to run an open system, this is why I was pissed that the OEM parts were gone. In doing research, I've found most people leave the original system in place.
Unread 01-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Ecklers--- LOVE THEM !!! They are "XTREMELY" nice and it always arrives FAST !!! I would rather pay a little extra and know my product will arrive in plenty of time !!!

I like knowing who is good out there and who isn't, especially since its a new year, we need a NEW list !!

KEEP 'EM COMING GUYS
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Just to add to Rick's list, I have had dealings with:

House of Wheels: satisfied with their products and customer service

Rick Johnson Auto & Tire: satisfied with their mounting and balancing work

Captains Quick Lube (Labelle): satisfied with their work

Roger Dean Chevrolet: satisfied with service department