The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Corvette (and more!) Videos

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Corvette (and more!) Videos How about a section for Corvette video eye candy? Anything else of interest in video form can be posted here.

Unread 01-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default NEVER loan your vette out to anyone!

These guys actually think it is funny....

Unread 01-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
Benjamin

Name : BENJAMIN LONG SR.
Benjamin is on a distinguished road

I wonder what the whole story is. IF the car cut off like he said and he tried cranking it and it caught fire, it could have happened to the owner. IF the driver had wrecked it then he would obviously be 100% his fault.

at least he did call the fire department and it looks like station #1's truck (the new station towards Spence Field) came to put the fire out. I have a friend that works at that station I will inquire with him and see if he happened to be on shift that night or knows any details.

EDIT, I see that was in 08, I think he was employeed there at that time and will still ask. from the video comments
Quote:
As it ended up, Sean had the car tuned up a few months earlier and the shop ended up putting a distributer cap on the vette that was on recall for them catching on fire. I was the one trying to crank it when the fire started. The insurance CO determined that the faulty, burning distributer cap ignighted some fuel lines nearby.
SO you can't blame it on his friend "borrowing" the vette, he was doing him a favor, in more ways than 1,

Quote:
One of my best friends trusted me to drive his cherry 1987 Corvette from Denver, CO to Ft. Lauderdale, FL, where he was living. Well, I made it about 4/5th of the way (to Moultrie, GA) before this happened. As you can imagine, that was a pretty tough phone call to make to the owner, Sean.
Quote:
He was going to sell it when I got it to Ft. Lauderdale, but it was fully covered and the insurance company gave him more than what he was going to ask for it.
Unread 01-31-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
Rich Z

I actually found this while looking for videos of that car event in Moultrie this weekend. I did find some, but the videos didn't present an appealing image of this event at all.

I think Connie and I will go to the gunshow in Tallahassee instead.
Unread 01-31-2013, 02:30 AM   #4
Benjamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I actually found this while looking for videos of that car event in Moultrie this weekend. I did find some, but the videos didn't present an appealing image of this event at all.

I think Connie and I will go to the gunshow in Tallahassee instead.

The Swap meet has a fairly big show car turn out. there is also a few vette specific vendors IIRC if anyone is looking for stock, hard to find, replacement parts.

http://www.moultrieswapmeet.com/
Unread 01-31-2013, 02:44 AM   #5
Rich Z

Well, actually I'd like to look at hoods for the C5Z and maybe Tiger Shark style bumper fascias if anyone has them. But that didn't strike me as a place I would likely run into much later model Corvette stuff.
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
Benjamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, actually I'd like to look at hoods for the C5Z and maybe Tiger Shark style bumper fascias if anyone has them. But that didn't strike me as a place I would likely run into much later model Corvette stuff.
it's a crap shoot, some years you will find it to be Chevy dominant on the parts and swap meet stuff, other years will be Ford dominant, and some years there won't be anything worth a crap....
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
Rich Z

Yeah, I guess so. Just like going to any flea market, I suppose.

It's Connie's birthday on Saturday, so we'd like to get out and go SOMEWHERE. Now she's backpedaling on the gunshow idea. Not that we would be looking for anything to buy there anyway. I'm sure all the dealers have jacked up prices on everything because of all the legislation talk flying around. Probably would be a good time for me to see if I have any "assault weapons" I want to get rid of. I've got a couple of REAL pre-ban Steyr AUGs (one black and the other green), so I could move one of them if I thought I could get a decent price for it. But my guess is I'd get a bunch of lookers and talkers, and wind up bringing it back home with me. So maybe it would be best to just hang onto them till I'm at the point where I'm ready for a paint job on the C5Z so I can use that money for that project.