The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 12-04-2006, 08:42 AM   #11
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalejr9afan
I use nothing but Adam's products. I will use nothing but his products on my 01 coupe. I would be interested in what he used to remove those scratches though. I have one on my right rear quarter panel I would love to remove. It is not a deep scratch, and I know it can be fixed with one of his products, although I'm not sure what is the best way to do it.
Probably a mixture of Scratch and Swirl Remover with Revive Polish.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 05:29 PM   #12
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

I've heard great things about these products...can they be purchased in retail stores or mail order only?
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 06:15 PM   #13
TR6speed

Name :
TR6speed is on a distinguished road

I have not found in one in the Tampa Bay area that carries them. I simple order mine online directly from the Adam's web site. You pay the shipping, but they get their products out as soon as you order it. I normally have it in about three days.
TR6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #14
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

No you order them online or by phone, takes a couple of days to get here. Heres the link, check it out especially the tutorials even if you don't buy anything there are some great tips in there.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/

Tutorials

http://www.adamspolishes.com/videos/

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #15
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

I've recently switched to Adam's products and they're the best I've tried to date (including Zaino). The DVD that came with the kit is full of neat tips to make the application process easier.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 08:12 PM   #16
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I use nothing but Adam's products. I will use nothing but his products on my 01 coupe. I would be interested in what he used to remove those scratches though. I have one on my right rear quarter panel I would love to remove. It is not a deep scratch, and I know it can be fixed with one of his products, although I'm not sure what is the best way to do it.
He used the Swirl & Haze Remover and then went over top of that with the Revive Polish.

It worked for mine!
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2006, 09:05 AM   #17
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry Jr.Fan, somehow I missed your questioned to me! I do apologize.

Adam used one of his microfiber applicators and spritzed it with the detail spray and put a small, dime size amount of the Scratch and Swirl Remover and hand rubbed out the scratches. He then rub the spot with a little Revive Polish and the two scratches were gone. It did not take more than a minute for him to do.

Well, this convinced me that I was a little behind on my detailing of the '01. So yesterday, I claybar'd the '01 Vert, which is Navy Blue Mettalic and really shows surface scratches, in preparation for a total detail. When Adam's reps detailed my Z06 they combined the Scratch & Swirl Remover step with the Revive Polish step, which I thought was great. Anything that will speed up the process. They use the PC random buffer and used 1/3 S&S with 2/3s Revive and that turned out nice. So, I hand rubbed the same combination and it could not have taken me more than 1/2 hour to do. This morning I will go over the entire car with the Buttery wax and she will be done. It should look great, it already is looking beter and I have not waxed it yet.

Sorry, that I missed your post.

Rich
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote