The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 12-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #1
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough
Default Lookin for a all around great detailing kit

I could use some help. I am looking for easy products to use to protect my new vert. What has worked best for the cashmere top? Is it necessary to wax over the 3M Clear Bra material or do you just avoid those areas all together? I have some disabilities from a previous accident and my lower back and left leg can't take too much bending over for long periods of time. I am looking for some great suggestions and advice from all of you corvette lovers.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

Check out this web site...It has a set of videos on how to do all sorts of detail work...Adam is great to work with and he has a various number of detail kits to choose from. I use his products and they are great. If you say you are a member of Z06 forum you can get 10% off...

http://www.adamspolishes.com/videos/......
Unread 12-09-2006, 05:14 PM   #3
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

I use "Rejex" on the entire car (including the clear bra) and find that the dirt and bugs are easily removed. Many vette owners are sold on Zaino but it sounds too complicated to use for me. I received a tip recently on a product called "Ice" (made by Turtle Wax) and bought some at Advance Auto Parts. Very easy to use and what a shine!! Not sure about the protective qualities as it is not a wax. For the vert top I use "Rag Top" (available @ Ecklers). You have to be careful what you clean the canvas top with. Buy the cleaner as well as the preservative (2 bottles) and follow directions - also easy to use. You are going to love that new ride

tb
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #4
THOR

Name :

Thanks for the advice. I tried to find some Rejex at the Auto Zone store and they didn't carry it. Where do you find this product?
Unread 12-09-2006, 07:02 PM   #5
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

I bought the Rejex at a vette show in Kissimmee (OLd Town). I think I heard you can buy it at Ace Hardware also.

P.S. Thanx for turning me on to this forum!
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

If you are looking for Rejex, check out this link -> http://www.skygeek.com/61002.html.

That's the best price I have seen on the stuff.
Unread 12-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #7
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

One word.........ADAMS

See this thread

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ead.php?t=1316

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #8
THOR

Name :

Thanks so far for all the advice. I assume the adams products can go on top of the 3m Clear Bra without any problems. Does Adams make a Rag Top cleaner? I didn't see one on their web-site.
Unread 12-10-2006, 06:57 AM   #9
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default mte smiles.

I would chime in here, but i'm in between brands myself. I'm currently using Zaino and am switching to another product, as i'm not sure it's the "Best".

~Ray
Unread 12-10-2006, 09:11 AM   #10
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Ok Smiley, here is my take. If you looked at the thread that Nytro referred you to, you will see the recent experience I had with Adam's Car Care Products, and Adam Pitale himself. I have been using Zaino for a number of years and have been very happy with it except for a couple issues. The biggest issue is that you have to mix the Z2 with the ZFX and just between us, I would prefer to squeeze the product out of the bottle then try to be a chemist. Chemistry was not my strong point in school. It is not a big deal but just a pain to me, plus the mixed product does have a shelf life.

Adam's sales rep in my area of Maryland is coming to my house this morning and we are going to detail my Z06 CE and I will have a better idea how much I like there products. So far, I have not seen anything about them that I don't like. The other area, which would also be important to you, is if you buy a detail kit they come in buckets. Adam also sells a wheeled caddie that the bucket sits in so you can sit on the bucket and roll around the sides of your car. You mentioned some lack of mobility with your leg and this might also help you. For me, I have ordered the caddie and can't wait for it to arrive. At my age there is not much cartilage left in my knees, so getting up and down to work on the body of the car below the belt line is very difficult and sometimes painful for me.

I don't know whether all Adam's sales reps offer up there time to help detail cars, but in my case I have envited a few officers (Zaino enthusiasts) from my local club to come over and watch the detailing. The purpose of this is to gauge whether we invite Adam's to put on a detailing event for our club a few weeks prior to our big Spring show. So, that was additional motivation for the offer to detail my car.

After the detailing is complete (and most of the NFL games are over [first round of my fantasy league playoffs]) I'll drop another post on how things went.

Rich
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote